Queen's Medical Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen's Medical Center

Is it just me or does Queen's Medical Center treat everyone like dirt? They make billing errors and just ignore requests for resolution. Have you ever looked at the Hawaii Better Business Bureau site regarding the complaints against QMC? They have hundreds of unanswered, opened complaints and their BBB rating is UNSATISFACTORY. What a disgrace to the Hawaiian Medical Community.

Re: Queen's Medical Center

Y'all need a good socialized health service.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hmm... I've been dealing with them quite a bit in the last few months, and so far so good in terms of billing. Of course, there are still more things on the horizon, so anything could happen, I suppose.

As far as quality of health care, I have nothing but very good things to say about the place.

Comment

I was in there for major surgery last year and they provided excellent care. The only thing I could see improving was to have the TV change channels in both directions instead of just going upward.

Food was good. Then again, I'll eat MRE's at a campsite without complaint.

Didn't have any problems with billing or anything afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
          The only thing I could see improving was to have the TV change channels in both directions instead of just going upward.
          Whoa nelly, that drove me up the wall. Thankfully there only 60-odd stations to sift through.

Comment

I went there one time. I got and paid my bill. Then they sent me a partial refund. So I guess they did screw up the billing.

Comment

I was a Straub patient for many years. After recently changing health centers to Queens and having had a serious health problem - I have to say that my treatment by Queen's was so much better than Straub. I've been very pleased with my experience with Queen's. and I've had no billing problems at all - they sent me a bill, I paid it and that was the end of it.

(but, I do agree about the TV thing )
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

to the original poster-i don't work for queen's but for another hospital organization. what kind of billing errors were made & what steps have you taken to get them corrected? feel free to message me privately. i might be able to point you in the right direction toward getting a resolution.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I believe that when deciding on medical care to not put more importance on the efficiency of the billing department than on the quality of the medical care.

For example, one hospitalization of a family member was at a "pay per procedure" hospital. They sent us to collection over their $20 billing error. But, the medical care was good, so I'd use them again.

Meanwhile, another family member has insurance that covers all medical care for no additional fee above the monthly premium. At a mainland hospital, they experienced horrible medical care ... but there were no billing problems.

So for my family, I'll take "good care" as the first priority. Billing problems are definitely secondary in my experience.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

i agree, amati, in the sense that should it have been my employer, i would rather a patient be annoyed with us over billing versus patient care any day. that said, i am sure any healthcare worker would want patients to feel more than satisfied about all aspects of service, including correct and fair billing practices. most of the time patients become patients is because they are not well and want to get better. a patient/patient's family do not need the extra stress of billing mistakes that cause an account to go to collections. in the original poster's mom has Alzheimer's. that's more than a world of worry enough.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

one more thing: a quick look at the hawaii BB site shows qmc has 7 complaints in the typical BB reporting period of 36 months. of these, 6 were related to billing; the 7th was re service. two complaints were resolved with the remainder showing no response.

Comment

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3...ients-visitors

You'll get your walking exercise from the parking lot.

Comment

Working...
                        X