This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 7

Today was the employee appreciation Christmas luncheon at my office. Barbeque ribs, fried chicken, cornbread with butter and honey, baked beans, and of course rice, mac salad, and mixed greens. For dessert, two "chocolate fountains" with fruit, pretzels and chips for dipping, and a "sundae station" with all the fixings.

I was actually part of the organizing team, so I worked up an appetite in setup and staffing... then gorged myself silly after everyone left at about 3 p.m. I think I can skip dinner tonight!

Comment

Pork cutlet, brown rice, cooked mixed veggies and a bottle of water from the HCC Cafeteria.

Comment

Started off the year right, with leftovers! Chicken curry and rice. Simple, but hearty and filling.

Comment

Grilled cheese and tomato soup and drink was bottled water. It's been COLD here in Southern California. Raining the last few days with a good amount of wind, not that I'm complaining as I like the rain. Makes for cozy nights in bed.
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Tried the new Auntie Pasto's in Kunia. Food was okay but boy do they need to clean that place! The crew from the night before obviously didn't clean up and the morning crew must not have bothered. Not a good sign for what is really a brand-new restaurant. And, I'm no clean freak having been known to eat grub (grubs too sometimes!) from street vendors with questionable sanitation practices. I just expect a better standard of cleanliness from this type of restaurant.

Comment

Kilinahe and I were invited by glossyp to check out Tapioca Express, a little spot across from the Convention Center. (a few blurry cameraphone photos starting here!) The parking isn't bad, just tricky to find. The food, on balance, was pretty good. Right next door to XO and a few other eateries, I wish it luck in carving out a space for the "snack and lounge" crowd (the place had big comfy couches and free wi-fi).

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                Kilinahe and I were invited by glossyp to check out Tapioca Express, a little spot across from the Convention Center. (a few blurry cameraphone photos starting here!) The parking isn't bad, just tricky to find. The food, on balance, was pretty good. Right next door to XO and a few other eateries, I wish it luck in carving out a space for the "snack and lounge" crowd (the place had big comfy couches and free wi-fi).
                The mochiko chicken in particular was really good - crisp, moist and tender without being greasy. The kalbi was also good featuring boneless meat and the marination was a bit tangy and not too sweet.

Comment

local kimo style tacos:
                  Hot corn tortillas, fried with a lil butter.

add guacamole
                  cheese.
                  sour cream.
                  radishes.
                  half a habanero chile
                  HOOO da hotchachaaa!

a few days ago:
                  Sam Choy's x from gentry.
                  crab cake sandwich.
                  begged off on da salad and clam chowder.
                  ya notice some o da grindz goin downhill at San Choy's Nimitz?

salad is old looking. Cuz, now, they shake it outta da bag from costco. no mo fresh kine.
                  and da chowder, useta be smooth, not too thick and fresh.
                  Now, it's off color, and so thick, it's almost dry.
                  too bad.

Comment

Pasta, brown rice, mixed veggies and a bottle of water.

Comment

Cheese pizza with teri-sauce
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Corned beef and cabbage. I couldn't wait for St Paddy's Day.

Comment

Pork cutlet, mashed potatoes, veggies and a bottle of water.

Comment

Stuffed chicken, brown rice, mixed veggies and a bottle of water.

Comment

A couple of tuna sandwiches, soft chew cookies and a bottle of water.

Comment

whoa, long time I neva post.....

leftover BBQ chicken sandwich, iced green tea.
                                So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Working...
                                X