Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other former HMG patients wanting their medical records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other former HMG patients wanting their medical records?

As Honolulu Medical Group had dissolved last year, I as a former patient want my medical records from them and had to order my records $42.00 plus tax through their website. I did that about the second week in Sept '10 (now they say on their website, 4-6 months---or maybe more...).

Well, next week would make it five months...any of you a former patient who ordered these records too, and how long did it take you to get it in hand? I also wonder is it because it will take longer since I have been a patient of HMG since I was born in the late 1950s...and they got so much to photocopy, etc...

Any insights will help me...stupid thing is that their website does not give a contact # should we have any questions such as to how long more we must wait to get our medical records before they are all destroyed come the one year anniversary date in July 2011...

Re: Any other former HMG patients wanting their medical records?

As the following Star-Advertiser article shows, you're not alone in waiting for your HMG records. Call the state Office of Consumer Protection at the number below.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/column..._patients.html

"If people had paid their money and they're not getting records, they should file a complaint with our office" by calling 587-3222, Levins said.

"I'm concerned that someone has paid in September and here it is three months later and they still have not received their requests," Levins said. "That seems to be excessive. The records aren't in Siberia."
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Guarantee I can get you those records in a couple hours. Call me if need help.

The phone is such a great weapon, that even the Bishop Estate caves under its power.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        Guarantee I can get you those records in a couple hours. Call me if need help. The phone is such a great weapon, that even the Bishop Estate caves under its power.
        Please share, give us a 10 tip outline.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Call and leave a DIFFERENT message every time. Make 200-300 calls per day.

At some point, around the 1600th call, their communications will be crippled.

Voila! Total compliance at that point.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
            [...]Make 200-300 calls per day.

At some point, around the 1600th call, [...]
            How does that equate to compliance "in a couple hours"?

Comment

okay, let me follow up on my inquiry..they say 4-6 months, that any documentation after 1998 would be on a disk, but before that, it's in paper form...so maybe with the thousands of former patients, and a short staff to make photocopies...this is the result...but from responses here...no one else is really a *former* HMG patient?

I was to the end...Dr. Scott Himeda took over it for a while with the skeleton staff, but the lease rent at the once ALL occupied HMG building at 550 So. Beretania St. (recently renamed a few years ago by Queen's Hospital as POB III) was too much ...and so what little staff of former HMG that Dr. Himeda and his other physicians remained are now at the First Insurance Bldg at Beretania and Ward Ave...and how I cherish seeing the few that are still there!

Comment

ahem...hello...anyone...no former HMG patients here on the forum???

Comment

yes - I'm a former patient. and a former employee but it was way back in the 60-70's and no longer important a far as my records go.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiguy View Post
                    ahem...hello...anyone...no former HMG patients here on the forum???
                    I was a patient there. But, my doctor at HMG relocated to the other side of the island. So, my medical records were transferred to my new doctor at a closer and convient location. That was over 5 to 7 years ago.

Comment

Hawaii Guy - why don't you just go to their new office and ask for your records in person?
                      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

As Honolulu Medical Group had dissolved last year, I as a former patient want my medical records from them and had to order my records $42.00 plus tax through their website. I did that about the second week in Sept '10 (now they say on their website, 4-6 months---or maybe more...).
                        As you can read in my original post...there is NO NEW office...there is NO Honolulu Medical Group...

Comment

As you can read in my original post...there is NO NEW office...there is NO Honolulu Medical Group...
                          Even Dr. Himeda or the remaining doctors that were at HMG do NOT have access to the medical records, as they were the property of HMG...

Comment

well, sounds like you're just s**t out of luck then. or else, you have to be patient like all the other former patients. This is one of the reasons to have your new Dr. request your records - it tends to go a lot faster that way.

have you personally contacted your former Dr. and asked for them to help you get your records? Sorry, I just don't know what else to suggest to you.

Good luck to you in getting your records. I know its a problem right now for a lot of folks.
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

tu-shay tutu

but you get the drift
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                              X