Palin photo means bye to Maui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palin photo means bye to Maui

Politicians who visit Hawaii need to remember that this state is filled with cameras. See the photo:
    http://www.tmz.com/page/5/#ixzz0aAmB1FCd
    [Sarah Palin: I'm No Mad Hatter! Posted Dec 17th 2009 12:17PM]

Here's excerpts from the SB:
    http://www.starbulletin.com/news/20091218_Palin_shortens_Maui_vacation_after_fuss_o ver_McCain_visor.html

Former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is cutting short her Maui vacation after she was photographed on the beach wearing a campaign visor with "McCain" blacked out, according to Politico.com. The Web site reported Palin issued a statement last night apologizing if "people took this silly incident the wrong way."
    Palin continued, "Todd and I have since cut our vacation short because the incognito attempts didn't work and fellow vacationers were bothered for the two days we spent in the sun.

Why would Palin do something as dumb as this? She can afford a new hat. She knows there are camera galore in Hawaii. And she knows the media is following her every move.
    So, was it just a "dumb" move, or a calculated one to say .... what?...
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Palin photo means bye to Maui

she should have come to Oahu - fewer paparazzi here. all the big time celebs go to Maui so the photogs tend to lurk there. what was she doing here for vacation anyway? i thought she was uncomfortable with all the dark skinned folks? after all that was the reason she left school here wasn't it?
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
      Why would Palin do something as dumb as this? She can afford a new hat. She knows there are camera galore in Hawaii. And she knows the media is following her every move.
      So, was it just a "dumb" move, or a calculated one to say .... what?...
      It got the point across how she really feels about McCain.

Comment

Palin couldn't finish her governorship. She couldn't finish the 5K Turkey Trot race. She couldn't finish a book signing tour. She couldn't even finish a vacation to Hawaii!

Can she finish a sundae!?

Comment

I was finished with Palin long ago. In fact, I never started.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            I was finished with Palin long ago. In fact, I never started.
            Well if you have any of her old campaign visors, just recycle it by blacking out her name with a marking pen.

Comment

A bit off topic but...Several years ago when President & Mrs. Clinton were visiting Maui, Mrs. Clinton wanted to go to the red sand beach at Hana. Knowing that that beach often has nude sunbathers and that a horrible scandal could ensue, advance people (maybe including secret service) went to the nude sunbathers there and asked them to please put on a swimsuit because Hillary Clinton was coming. To which one sunbather replied, "Who's Hillary Clinton?"

Comment

What's next? Is TMZ going to fish out a discarded "McCain 2008" pen from the Palin's trash can as proof that Sarah Barracuda is dissing her former running mate?
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The Asians are still in Hawaii? The Asians made her leave Hawaii again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1...mment_35971983

"But Palin's father, Chuck Heath, gave a different account to Conroy and Walshe. According to him, the presence of so many Asians and Pacific Islanders made her uncomfortable: "They were a minority type thing and it wasn't glamorous, so she came home."

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
                    "But Palin's father, Chuck Heath, gave a different account to Conroy and Walshe. According to him, the presence of so many Asians and Pacific Islanders made her uncomfortable: "They were a minority type thing and it wasn't glamorous, so she came home."
                    OMG. Now granted that the account came from her father, not directly from her, and he might have just made the whole thing up. But if true, this would be reason enough to eliminate her from becoming president or anything else that requires her acting in behalf of ALL the diverse people of America.

Comment

But..., she's hot!

You'd unfortunately get a loud rebuke from millions of failing Palinheads that can't wait for her to run in 2012.

The upside? We get to laugh at her for many more years and watch her blow elections galore.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: But..., she's hot!

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        You'd unfortunately get a loud rebuke from millions of failing Palinheads that can't wait for her to run in 2012.
                        Her supporters will probably claim that her father was inaccurately representing her views. Heck, I cannot even wrap MY brain around the kind of feelings that were expressed in the father's statement (which were said to be Palin's views).

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                          Asian votes don't matter. Most Asians don't vote (on the mainland). Press will not even carry this because, offending Asians have no recourse. Sad but true if you think about it.
                          Last edited by cabanalane; December 22, 2009, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
                            Most Asians don't vote (on the mainland).
                            Interesting statistic, cabanalane. Can you steer me toward some documentation on the voting habits of different ethnicities?

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                              Her supporters will probably claim that her father was inaccurately representing her views. Heck, I cannot even wrap MY brain around the kind of feelings that were expressed in the father's statement (which were said to be Palin's views).
                              Nothing new:

http://www.imdiversity.com/villages/...palin_0908.asp

Comment

Working...
                              X