This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Salad from Foodland, water and Granola bars.

Comment

I had jury duty in downtown Seattle this week. Across from the court building is a new Hawaiian lunch place called 'Honolulu Stadium.' The idea behind it is da kine saimin noodles you could get at Honolulu Stadium in the old days.

They have about 9 combos for saimin and 6 combo plate lunches. I went conservative and had Chicken Katsu. It was ono, but the mac salad was ju' okay. I judge my plate lunches on the mac salad, don't know why, it's just my thing. I gave the guy a 'B.' We discussed it and he said he had never been happy with his mac salad... interesting. I wonder if he'll try any of my suggestions. Two more things: the katsu sauce was the kind I like (some places serve something red) and the rice was oily. I asked and sure enough, he puts a few drops olive oil in the rice cooker! (I never ate it like that, my family is Chinese background, we don't even put in salt. Our food is salty, so no need.)

The biggest sellers in this new place are spam musubi! It's also the cheapest thing on the menu.

Bye the way, near where I live there's a place called Kona Kitchen and they have 'A' quality mac salad. Also, they have breakfast and a pretty big menu. They have salmon cooked two ways, one is fresh but cooked in salt. It's so-oo ono!

My vote for best mac salad on Oahu (one that I remember) is at the lunch wagon across from Hygenic Store in Kahalu'u. (please don't tell me it's gone, either!) But others are interesting, I just don't remember which ones stand out.

Tonight I had homemade chili and rice at home. I always get odd looks when I say that's what I ate. They just don't know what they're missing.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
        My husband took me out to a local Place we had never been too for my belated birthday dinner tonight.

So I get the drink and it has a piece of wood in it.
        Upon closer inspection it has wood IN the ice cubes!

So we recieve our food and it looks GREAT...This is not chicken...it's turkey!
        YES TURKEY! So we decide Oh well we are starving just eat....Then my husband opens his calzone....Yes ladies and gentlemen.....COMPLETELY raw! All dough and YUCK....

I tell him I am highly disappointed because my brother had recommended this place and I hoped it woul dbe better than this...He said...well come back on Tuesday it is better then! I said "What's different Tuesday?" He said " I am working" I said "You are working tonight too!" He said " well it's different, not as many people" !
        Ooh, that's a comical story! I'll bet it didn't seem funny while you were experiencing it, tho. Did you tell them it was supposed to be your birthday dinner ? Then they may have taken off the price of the wood chip drinks and you could have got out of there without paying a cent.

The part about Tues. being a better day is just insane!
        Where did you end up going after that ? Is there a Belated Birthday Dinner Part 2?

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
          Shrimp, brown rice, and salad. Topped off by a carton of juicy juice and Butterstoch hot chocolate
          What is Butterscotch Hot Chocolate ?

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
            We had greenbeans cooked with butter, garlic, shallots and parsley. Potatoes fried in duck fat with onions. And maigret de canard. That's a whole breast of fattened, force-fed duck (the liver of the same duck is called fois gras), the kind with a half-inch layer of fat under the skin. It's cooked fat-side first, with a bit of salt, untill the fat almost melts and the skin is crispy. Then you turn it over in the pan and cook it just a tad more...it's eaten rare, sliced thin. ......
            Yaeh, yeah...I know...cook poultry well to avoid bird flu. All that I have to say is that I will miss eating maigret during the pandemic. I will miss the drips of rare duckjuice running down my chin.
            May I visit you sometime when you're having the duck? France is a long way to go...
            Duck is something we eat from time to time, but lots of people I know are sqeamish about it. (I don't mean the Chinese duck, either.) In Chicago, they have now banned fois gras - had you heard about that? They say it's unhealthy. Since my one grandmother was from eastern Europe, we ate a lot of duck, goose, and liver pate when I was growing up. And I love crispy duck skin! (Chinese style, too!)

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst9 View Post
              Where did you end up going after that ? Is there a Belated Birthday Dinner Part 2?
              No where, it was getting late we just went home. No birthday dinner part 2! LOL we are not brave people!

Dinner tonight: Roast (crock pot!), Mashed potatoes, Gravy, Broccoli with cheese sauce, Cornbread and pumpkin pie.
              Since when is psycho a bad thing??
              Sharing withother survivors...
              www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst9 View Post
                What is Butterscotch Hot Chocolate ?
                My version has butterscotch schnapps in it!!

Comment

Canned tuna (minus the can of course), cole slaw and a can of Mountain Dew with some mini packs of Pringles afterwards.

Comment

Garlic Ahi mini plate lunch from L&L Hawaiian BBQ.

Comment

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Polish saugase and chicken bake with cup of fruit punch.

Comment

Naataan, still stuck at work and I'm the only one....

Still Starving,

KaYa T.
                        sigpic

Comment

Business dinner meeting tonight...salad, olive roll, pork medallion with some really weird kinda spicy salsa on it, couscous, carrots and zucchini slivers and piece of s'more chocolate cake with strawberry sauce (with a graham cracker square and a half-melted marshmallow on top).
                          The people sitting at my table and the after dinner presentation were better than the food (sitting at a table where I was the only woman and there were 3 Squishy guys at my table who of course had to talk shop...Vista was the main topic of conversation and about how if the company was more organized, it could make even more money! ).

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Cinnamon toast, Fried potatoes, Fresh Cantelope, Orange Juice and Chocolate milke. The kids never eat this good unless it's breakfast night!

Comment

Jumbo Jack, Ultimate Cheeseburger, cheese sticks and a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

Comment

leftovers. kalua turkey & grilled onions.

our fridge in the garage broke yesterday so we'll be cooking a lot of food over the next few days.

man the jumbo jack sounds good right now... it's only 12:15 so maybe I can still get one...

Comment

Working...
                                X