This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 2

Lebanese chicken dish (Shish Tawook) - kabob-style chicken breast meat, seasoned & grilled, placed over rice, with a garlic-lemon sauce on top.

Comment

Omakase menu at Mitch's. I really liked everything except the lobster, uni, and abalone, all of which were fresh but I'm just not a big fan.
      What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Macaroni and Cheese and a glass of ice water
        Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Someone sent me a canner....that's like a pressure cooker with a pressure gauge on it. So instead of buying already-canned food at the supermarket, I can my own stuff.

So I get to make up my own recipes. Today I tried the shoyu chicken that I did a few weeks ago....not bad. I had put three chicken thighs into a jar, and added a big spoonful of brown sugar, some shoyu, and some garlic and ginger. I had toyed with onions, but left that for next time. Into the pressure canner for an hour and a quarter, and....voila!...seven ready-to-eat meals, just waiting for rice.

Well...six, cause we ate one.
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
            Someone sent me a canner....that's like a pressure cooker with a pressure gauge on it. So instead of buying already-canned food at the supermarket, I can my own stuff.

So I get to make up my own recipes. Today I tried the shoyu chicken that I did a few weeks ago....not bad. I had put three chicken thighs into a jar, and added a big spoonful of brown sugar, some shoyu, and some garlic and ginger. I had toyed with onions, but left that for next time. Into the pressure canner for an hour and a quarter, and....voila!...seven ready-to-eat meals, just waiting for rice.

Well...six, cause we ate one.
            Wow that sounds really good and pretty easy.
            What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

dinner was ... mostly beer cause we went to the willows for the monthly hops and grinds event. this month's theme was "around the world in 80 beers." for twenty five dollars, you get six tastings of about six ounces each and all the pupu you can eat. they had nathan's hot dogs with all the fixings including a red pepper roasted chili, irish lamb stew, ahi poke, tako poke, korean crab poke, crudites, and sausage and cabbage, all prepared with willows' exec chef jay matsukawa's oversight (this is the guy who made a pretty tasty "local" version of haggis, which we enjoyed at march's hops and grinds, which had a celtic theme). tonight, we sampled beers from denmark, belgium, italy, the czech republic, scotland, and of course, the US. i think i'll post more about the beer in the beer thread, tho.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Checked the freezer this morning and found a leftover ham bone from Easter, a pound of hamburger and a large Portagee sausage. Checked the fridge and found carrots and celery. Onions and potatoes on the counter. Diced tomatoes and tomato sauce in the pantry. Cut everything up and made, as our Mel would say, Daddy's World Famous Portuguese Beanless Soup. Woootaaah!

Comment

Had dinner at Ruby Tuesday. Fries, finger foods and those mini-burgers, washed down with Diet Coke and a shot of Scotch.

Comment

dinner was from mac 24-7 at the prince kuhio hotel. eric and i shared the tomato and maui onion salad with blue cheese, and he ordered the mac and cheese and i had the tuna melt on rye. drinks were a strawberry guava lemonade and a ginger ale using real ginger syrup.

i'll say here only that we were very underwhelmed for the $50 tab. anyone interested in a more detailed opinon, pm me.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Last night: AF & I had dinner w/nachodaddy & his lovely wife - wine & fish at Anthony's in Bremerton, then to a concert by Keola & Moanalani Beamer, and John Keawe. What cool folks to hang with (performers AND dinner companions included.)

Comment

Champuru and ochazuke. Side of butter/EVOO sauteed oyster mushrooms seasoned with just a hint of garlic and dashi. The latter's for the wife.

Comment

My wife and I going to Genki Sushi tonite, b-4 heading to the movies. This the first one on Maui so gotta go check it out. Get Sushi Go at Queen Kaahumanu Center. Just wanted to check this new place out at the Maui Mall.
                          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by oggboy View Post
                            My wife and I going to Genki Sushi tonite, b-4 heading to the movies. This the first one on Maui so gotta go check it out. Get Sushi Go at Queen Kaahumanu Center. Just wanted to check this new place out at the Maui Mall.
                            I was at Maui Mall a few weeks ago and noticed Genki. It's in the space that used to be Fun Factory and then was the Singer Sewing place. Looks kinda smallish, compared to Sushi Go. Neva go inside, though. I just go buy fresh, made to order nigiri sushi at Kozo Sushi. The miniplate less than $5.

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Mel and I had somekind of frozen, mini, tortellinis with marinara, tossed salad and some tofu. Wife decided to start going low fat and carbs, so I sauteed a couple of chicken breasts and made a little bit of lemone sauce with capers. She's eating that with a tossed salad and the rest of the tofu.

Comment

Made beef and cheese enchiladas, spanish rice, refried beans with cheese, and tortilla chips. Okay, Okay, I'll fess up, didn't make the tortilla chips, opened da package.
                                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Working...
                                X