X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iPod or ?

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    [...]
    After reading your discussions and links and using Epinions, I think I would like this one.[...]
    Can you plug an IPod into a stereo audio in usb and play the music?
    This is the same model I have and I love it. Dunno about "stereo audio in usb" but it has an RCA jack (I think that's what it's called) and I plug it into my car's sound system. Sounds great! I don't have a sound system at home as I either play music using iTunes on my computer or I turn on Music Choice on TV.

I didn't think I'd use the video feature but it turns out I use it a lot. It's great for waiting rooms! It also kept my nephew content when we were in restaurants.

Comment

Thanks, y'all. I had a brief glitch where I drooled over the IPod touch, until I got over the price. Ah, well, maybe touchscreen is not all that, after all. Unless the family decides Mama needs to go hi tech!

Comment

I bought my IPod through the Apple website and have had no regrets. They have terrific customer service. I got the extended warranty and they repaired/replaced with no questions asked - until the warranty ended. Now I just pray a lot when I turn it on - I need it to last until the end of the year when I can replace it. I'm looking at an ITouch for my next one. but, if I go ahead & get an IPhone, then I'll just go for a regular IPod.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I purchased a few portable speakers for the iPod, ranging from the $10 unit from Wal-Mart to the Logitech MM32 from Best Buy (I think I paid between $40 to $60 for that unit). All of them use the iPod's earphone jack as the interface.

Comment

Thanks, y'all. I had a brief glitch where I drooled over the IPod touch, until I got over the price. Ah, well, maybe touchscreen is not all that, after all. Unless the family decides Mama needs to go hi tech!
            Prior to my iPod Touch, I had a 30Gb iPod and an 8Gb iPod Mini. My parents gave me the Touch for Christmas and boy do I love it! I'd say I use it as much if not more for the apps than I do the music! There's an app I use DAILY! It's the Lose It! app. Basically a calorie counter/log program but it has helped me tremendously! I couldn't imagine having to log my calorie intake without it. So on a list of things to never leave home without, my Touch is definitely at the top.

OT: why am i so ecstatic about that app? I've lost 17.6 lbs since I started using it Feb 25th. I owe it all to that app. Well.. that and self motivation to use the app and follow through with it.
            -kp!

Comment

Just bought a third little unit recently, for the same purposes I described above, and because the Sansa's headphone jack was misbehaving. Got the 2gb Sony Walkman NWZ-B135F for $30 at a Sony outlet store.

Comment

Sony Walkman. A name that once commanded respect when it came to portable electronics. But that was more 20 years ago. Now, it's almost as passe as Atari.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

...but certainly not as over-used as iEverything...

Comment

Thanks for this thread, all. My Mother's Day request was for a music player since my CD collection is not in the best of shape. I almost talked myself into a IPhone, but really an IPod is what I'm looking for. My current phone is fine. I already pay AT&T plenty money.

I'm wanting to stay under 150.00, yet have more than 2000 songs, availability for pics and podcasts, and maybe an app for PDA kine stuff.

After reading your discussions and links and using Epinions, I think I would like this one. I was thinking a nano, but no video. And after seeing the battery replacement kits, I think that takes care of that issue.

Can you plug an IPod into a stereo audio in usb and play the music?
                    Here it is for $124

5th Gen 30gb iPod
                    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

1 vote for the Sansa Fuze. Lots of memory and you can add up to a 16GB micro
                      card. It has a recorder,FM radio,video player and photo storage. And it's not Apple

Comment

I should add you can copy music directly from your computer. You do need their program to convert photos and videos,but I love clicking and dragging to load...

Comment

Working...
                        X