Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii's Interisland Air War - Chapter 4

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
    Looks like Mesa's venture in China won't be using any more CRJ-200s. They put in an order for 100 ARJ21s which is a Chinese developed plane.
    I wonder if that's a requirement made of the Chinese government. One of the reasons that so much manufacturing is now done in China is the Chinese government told all concerned that if they wanted to sell goods in China, they had to make said goods in China. Now what exec is going to turn his back on selling to one-quarter of the earth's population?

Bottom line, Mesa may not have had a choice in the matter.

Comment

More financial woes for Mesa. They have abruptly suspended service to 12 communities as of Dec. 31 (including Albuquerque) and are trying to sell off one of their subsidiaries, Midwest Air, due to large losses in the essential services sector. Wonder what's going to happen with go!Express (Mokulele) if they get out of the essential air services business?

Mesa Air Group is seeking a buyer for its unprofitable Wichita-based Air Midwest operations or for the division's fleet of Wichita-built Beech 1900D aircraft.

'We're continuing to pursue strategic options,' company spokesman Brian Gillman said Friday. He said the company is 'entertaining offers and pursuing strategies to sell all or a piece of the business.'

Air Midwest has lost money for the past several years, Gillman said. Operating the 19-seat aircraft became more expensive after the set of regulations the planes operated under changed, driving up costs.

Air Midwest, which does business as Mesa Airlines, operates 20 Beech 1900D aircraft primarily in the Midwest and in Arizona.

It primarily services federally subsidized markets under the government's essential air service program, including smaller Kansas communities. The program compensates airlines for serving underserved areas.

'The essential air service payment has not kept up with the cost of operating the aircraft,' Gillman said.

The company continues to serve the markets, including those in Kansas. No decisions have been made about the Kansas markets, Gillman said.
      Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        Wonder what's going to happen with go!Express (Mokulele) if they get out of the essential air services business?
        Oh, that's easy. More people will ride the SuperFerry!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

None of the commuter airlines in Hawaii get the Essential Air Services subsidy. This happened after Pacific Wings voluntarily pulled out of the subsidy program after it learned that Go was to enter the same market.

http://ostpxweb.dot.gov/aviation/X-5...1nonalaska.htm

And from this article last year:

Pacific Wings, which has been provided EAS subsidies over the last decade for service to Hana on Maui, Kamuela on the Big Island and to Kalaupapa, Molokai, will voluntarily give up the subsidies later this year when its contract ends, because it believes it can fly those routes profitably without subsidies.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
            More financial woes for Mesa. They have abruptly suspended service to 12 communities as of Dec. 31 (including Albuquerque) and are trying to sell off one of their subsidiaries, Midwest Air, due to large losses in the essential services sector. Wonder what's going to happen with go!Express (Mokulele) if they get out of the essential air services business?
            I fail to see how Mesa's financial woes will impact go!Express (Mokulele)? Aren't they indepedently owned by Boyer Industries LLC and only have a code share/marketing agreement?

Comment

Mesa's closing stock price today= $2.70; NASDAQ warned the company today that it risks being delisted. Not a good sign at all.

Mesa Air Group, parent company of go! interisland airline, has received notice from Nasdaq that it risks delisting for failing to file its 10-K, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission Friday.

Mesa (NASDAQ: MESA) failed to file its 10-K for the fiscal year ended Sept. 30. The company announced last week that it had delayed the filing until Jan. 15.

Mesa said it plans to request a hearing before a Nasdaq listing qualifications panel.

The company said that it expects to meet the projected filing date, which will precede its hearing.
              Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Mesa stock at $3.29 closing today. That's a 20% gain since earlier in the month. Woulda been a nice quick flip.

On other news, Aloha signed with Mokulele Airlines to deliver cargo to Molokai, Lanai, and West Maui as Aloha Air Cargo Express.. Isn't Mokulele also go! Express?

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                  Mesa stock at $3.29 closing today. That's a 20% gain since earlier in the month. Woulda been a nice quick flip.

On other news, Aloha signed with Mokulele Airlines to deliver cargo to Molokai, Lanai, and West Maui as Aloha Air Cargo Express.. Isn't Mokulele also go! Express?
                  They also operate a Kapalua express (2 planes painted with the Kapalua butterfly logo). Guess they know not to put all their eggs in go!s basket.

Comment

FAA Opens Investigation on Go! Airlines

FAA Opens Investigation on Go! Airlines

Yet another reason not to fly on go!

For the same price i'd rather have well rested pilots.

go! Airlines sucks!

Comment

Re: FAA Opens Investigation on Go! Airlines

yeah, watched the report on the news tonight and i can't imagine the pilots being able to make up a plausible explanation!
                      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be landing at Hilo Int`l Airport as soon as I awaken our pilots from there nap, Mahalo!.
                        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Captain to co-pilot "Hey John, you think anyone would notice if I make a stop at LAX to pick my wife up?"
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

"I'm flying.
                            (Flying, flying, flying)
                            Heading far out of sight
                            Second star to the right
                            Now the way is clear
                            Never Land is near
                            Follow all the air
                            Cause I'm about to disappear
                            I'm flying!"

(compliments of the Peter Pan soundtrack!)

Comment

Re: Hawaii's Interisland Air War - Chapter 5

Everybody thinks this is really funny but how much fuel do you think an inter-island flight carries? Especially a MESA Airlines inter-island flight? If they slept for another 15 minutes this would have been a much different story.

FAA regs are to carry enough fuel to reach the destination plus 30 minutes extra that's it. You can be sure Mesa doesn't give those poor pilots a drop more than minimum!

Comment

Re: Hawaii's Interisland Air War - Chapter 5

Originally posted by Star of Gladness View Post
                                Everybody thinks this is really funny but how much fuel do you think an inter-island flight carries? Especially a MESA Airlines inter-island flight? If they slept for another 15 minutes this would have been a much different story.

FAA regs are to carry enough fuel to reach the destination plus 30 minutes extra that's it. You can be sure Mesa doesn't give those poor pilots a drop more than minimum!
                                Well, considering they are inter-island flights with short hop segments, I think it be more than the HNL-ITO stage length plus 30 min. Because I don't think the planes refuel after every hop. A CRJ-200 has a range of ~1800 miles. Are you saying each go! plane takes off with less than a quarter tank each time? That would seem to be more costly to pay for fueling services each time on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X