The Incredible Hulk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Incredible Hulk

Marvel Studios announced a release date for the Hulk 2 " THE INCREDIBLE HULK".
    Directed by top rising star Louis Leterrier (Transporter 2, Unleashed), The Incredible Hulk will return to the roots of the long-running comic series, combining a well-developed storyline with incredible action and fun. Zak Penn, who previously collaborated with Marvel on X2 and this summer's smash hit X-Men: The Last Stand, is writing the script. The project is being produced by Avi Arad, Kevin Feige and Gale Anne Hurd and will be executive produced by Michael Helfant, David Womark, and Ari Arad. Marvel Studios is currently casting the project.
    Read all about it here. By going back to "roots" of the comic, I hope this one won't disappoint us Hulk fans.
    LEGENDARY MARVEL SUPER HERO TO RETURN TO THE BIG SCREEN IN ALL-NEW, ACTION-PACKED ADAPTATION HITTING SUMMER 2008
    Attached Files
    Last edited by alohabear; November 8, 2006, 08:00 AM.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: The Incredible Hulk

Latest on this movie is that award winning actor Edward Norton will be the new Bruce Banner. replacing Eric Bana.
    Norton takes over a role played in the Ang Lee-directed "Hulk" by Eric Bana. Though that film opened strongly, it didn’t fare as well as other Marvel efforts, including "Spider-Man," "X-Men," "Fantastic Four" and, most recently, "Ghost Rider."

Marvel Studios, which has a $525 million credit facility obtained through Merrill Lynch, made "The Incredible Hulk" its second film under that arrangement, and seeks to make a sequel that is less self-serious and more in line with the comic series and TV show. Leterrier directed the action-filled "Transporter 2," and "Unleashed."

The new pic begins with Banner on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a misunderstood green menace.
    SOURCE

Flickr

Comment

The problem with Ang Lee's Hulk was... that it was Ang Lee's Hulk. Ang Lee film fans didn't like him doing a comic book superhero. And comic book superhero fans didn't like Ang Lee's cinematographic style. I think I'm one of only a handful of people who actually like both.

Comment

I sort of liked it.

I think most were expecting action/smash/bash but instead got a real storyline. Plus the CGI was kind of laughable for the time.
        Edward Norton is a great actor. As Bruce Banner tho? I'm not sure I can see him transforming into the Hulk. I can see him transforming into Brad Pitt tho =p
        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

the Abomination will be the villain so we may actually see the Hulk fight in this one.

Flickr

Comment

Previews of The Incredible Hulk were shown during the Iron Man movie. This movie opens on June 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
              The problem with Ang Lee's Hulk was... that it was Ang Lee's Hulk. Ang Lee film fans didn't like him doing a comic book superhero. And comic book superhero fans didn't like Ang Lee's cinematographic style. I think I'm one of only a handful of people who actually like both.
              I like both, too, and I did enjoy Hulk. Ang Lee's a great director, and since I have no loyalty to Hulk and never cared much for either the comic book or the television series, Lee's treatment offended neither my senses nor my sensibilities. I wish we could get more comic-book superhero treatment by directors like Lee.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Rumor on the web is you must stay for the end credits on this film too. Robert Downy jr. filmed a little something as a link to Iron Man.

Flickr

Comment

I hated the HULK movie that came out a few years ago, I was never a big fan of the comic book version. This movie seems like it will be be more closer to the Bill Bixby tv version which I dearly loved as a kid.

Aj

Comment

Things have come a long way since the Ang Lee HULK. The trailers look interesting but I'm hoping they don't get carried away with cgi action, which can tend to overwhelm any subtle sfx.

It doesn't look like it but does anyone remember the way they sfx'd Mr. Hyde in "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"? THAT was awesome!

The British do it so well,,,,,,and subtle. The ogre in the restroom in Harry Potter,,,Mr. Hyde in LOEG,,,Gollum. American sfx tend to be over-the-top smash mouth sfx anf the cgi tends to be obvious renderings.

Comment

just my two cents but i liked this new IH! i thought ed norton did a good job; no spoilers but i will say that the opening scene will make you blow your cereal right thru your nose (if you happen to be eating a bowl while watching the movie!) and some of the dialogue is pretty funny. two thumbs up for me.
                      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Saw this movie this afternoon at Ward Theater.

If you are a fan of the CBS series, this movie has a good number of references to it.
                        If you are a fan of the Marvel comics, some of the characters are there, but I have to admit that the character of General Ross is more of a weasel here.

Comment

New Hulk SMASH Old Hulk
                          Burl Burlingame
                          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I like the fact that he speaks Hulk Smash!

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                              Saw this movie this afternoon at Ward Theater.

If you are a fan of the CBS series, this movie has a good number of references to it.
                              If you are a fan of the Marvel comics, some of the characters are there, but I have to admit that the character of General Ross is more of a weasel here.
                              Did you catch the "lonely man theme" on the soundtrack? Lou and Stan have cool cameos too.

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X