X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gasoline Purchase Habits

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
    Pandemic preps, maybe?
    We since I live with my parents...and they got a Costco membership.
    They can buy in bulk for all of us
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah K
      Actually, Costco "executive" members get a "reward certificate" with their annual renewal notice that amounts to 2% back on purchases, but the maximum "reward certificate" amount is $500. I used my "reward certificate" to get a Costco "cash card" and bought about 10 tankfuls of gas with it.
      I knew someone had to know!!
      We stuck with the old 45.00. I just buy chicken and broccoli and Gummi bears in bulk. Oh and ranch. But that's it! That would not equal much I am sure.
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiidreamin
        Wow, 1.96 might start a stampede around here.
        Absolutely I concur. Even at 2.749 here in Kona, it causes a stampede.
        As everyone else is above 3.00.
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Queenolu
          I prefer to fill up my tank each and every time I buy gas.
          As do I. With my driving habits, I generally need a fill-up only once a month, costing me around $23-25. Fortunately, I can walk or easily bus for the majority of my travel around town; having those options caused an annoying increase in my personal smugness factor as gasoline prices went higher and higher.

Comment

Hmm...expansion of liquids are so minute, I don't think I'd even bother
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Since I work 5 days a week and my job is 12 miles one way approximately,
              I usually buy gas one a week. As it takes me down to about a half a tank.
              The Kona Blog

Comment

I've got the other card on my mom's Costco account cuz my dad has a business card through work and I'm sooooo thankful for it. For a reason unknown to me, I have a Costco Executive card eventho my mom pays for a regular account (in calif). I had the lady doublecheck (I didn't really care about the card difference - I just wanted to retake my ugly photo cuz my old photo was way hawt, but the magnetic strip died on it ) and she said she'd given me the correct card. I called my mom to ask because I can't imagine her paying extra for it and she said that she'd actually forgotten to pay it til she got home from vacation and saw it on the table and the membership should've expired. Maybe expired=executive! Mom mailed me my white costco card they sent her in the mail after renewing, but I'm waiting for a good hair day to retake it.

Anyway, I pick up gas whenever I'm near a Costco. I have a 30-gallon tank (~$100 to fill up) which I havent filled up since gas rose above $2. I usually put in $50 and that'll last me 2 weeks because I work from home atm. If I had to drive from Ewa Beach to Honolulu daily, I'd probably go through a tank every 2-3 days

Comment

I read somewhere that filling half tanks at a time will (over time) leave sludge at the bottom of your tank and when the time comes where you don't fill at half tank and empty it, the sludge clogs your fuel filter. That's what we figure happened to a vehicle we bought for my wife once (used) We bought the vehicle and ran it to empty like we do all our vehicles. Filled her up and she ran lousy for a long time. I changed the fuel filter out and bingo... ran like new again.

So... i fill when it's empty. Plus, I like to keep track of the mileage i'm getting. If my mileage dropps, it's usually a sign I have to do something like clean the air filter or change the spark plugs or something...
                  -kp!

Comment

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52720316/n...s-honolulu_hi/

Remember to lock your doors and hide your purse when pumping gas.

Comment

Working...
                    X