This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 6

Leftovers from Outback, angel hair with pesto on the side, lime diet cola on ice. need chocolate!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

• Chicken of the Samoan Sea

Oahu Melt Sammiches.

Similar to a Tuna Melt, except use canned Wahoo (Ono) instead. Mix with a little mayo. Couple slices Swiss or American Cheese on bread of choice. Toast 'em. Easy and ONO. Literally!

If anyone never tried the canned Wahoo (Ono) yet, it's similar to Tuna, except a little more salty, the meat is a little more white and has less of a "fishy" flavor. They're produced and packed in Samoa.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Garlic hot dog manapua, lup cheong manapua, a couple of sandwichs and a Gulp of Mountain Dew from 7-11.

Comment

Chicken ceaser salad and a bottle of water from Costco.

Comment

We went to The Maunakea Market Place. I got Bangus Fish Soup, Pancit, and merinated Fried Pork with onions. Banana Lumpia. Coke. $ 8.50

Too much for my tummy. Left overs again. Problem with left overs -- it usually gets thrown away.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Mixed plate of pork adobe, pasta, brown rice, veggies and a bottle of water.

Comment

A scrumptious ham/pork banh mi sammich.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, cookie.

To be more specific, grilled cheddar on garlic/rosemary sourdough bread and tomato/basil/onion soup, from Three Girls Bakery in Seattle's Pike Place Market; followed by one of their Double-O cookies (a peanut butter cookie with a Reese's peanut butter cup baked into the center of it.)

Comment

Fried Mushroom Pork Chops from Linhs on N. King Street.
                    Extra gravy all ova! Yummy foa my tummy!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

A couple of tekka rolls and tuna rolls from Manoa Sushi. Those suckers were huge compared to what you normally get at little mall-esque sushi shops.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                        Grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, cookie.

To be more specific, grilled cheddar on garlic/rosemary sourdough bread and tomato/basil/onion soup, from Three Girls Bakery in Seattle's Pike Place Market; followed by one of their Double-O cookies (a peanut butter cookie with a Reese's peanut butter cup baked into the center of it.)
                        That sounds sooooo good...too bad I haven't learned how to enjoy tomato soup yet.

I just had a bunch of cheese and crackers at my brother's apartment. Ritz crackers, not sure what kind of cheese we used. It tasted like the cheese from Handi Snacks, but it was white. There was also another white cheese that reminded me of those little white cheese cubes I used to eat in elementary school. I'm so hungry but it's almost time to eat dinner so no snacking for me.
                        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Chargrilled Hamburger
                          6 oz. hand-pattied with lettuce, red onion, tomato and mustard-mayo' sauce on gourmet sesame bun. Includes dill pickle, carrot and celery stick. $5.99

Seriously, one of the BEST burgers on this island. Awesome chargrilled flavor. Burger fans MUST try this one.

from Matters of Taste
                          Gentry Design Center on Nimitz (across Sam Choy's BLC)
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

It must be hamburger day; after a year of looking, I think I may have found the best burger in Downtown Seattle, at the Pike Place Market Bar & Grill.
                            1/3-pounder; I added blue cheese crumbles and bacon (oh, my heart!)

Comment

Had a craving for a good knish yesterday so I went to the kosher bakery in the north end of town. Unfortunately, they had just moved to a new storefront, so the knish making had been delayed for a couple of weeks. Did buy an excellent chocolate babka, though. Yummy.

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

We celebrated the unofficial birthday of our radio show in Seattle - 14 years on the community station - so half of the hosting `ohana came in to do the show, and we made a potluck out of it as well...
                                -teriyaki drummettes
                                -Portuguese sweet bread (homemade!)
                                -toss salad
                                -mac salad
                                -lau lau
                                -spam musubi
                                -rice
                                -haupia (regular & chocolate)
                                We had enough to make up a plate for the Brazilian music host who comes in after us; she loved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X