This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longs to become CVS?

hi this is sansei and in response to kani-lehua,may you have learned anything new about long's and if the policie's or anything will change with what they'd sell and if you may know,please respond so i'd have an update on how thing's are,i'd truly appreciate it very much,please?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

sorry, sansei. i haven't made any inquiry to either my family or friends regarding policies/procedures that may or may not change.
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

The changes they have been making to all of their stores is basically done so that all of the Hawaii stores match the existing stores on the mainland. And I appreciate all of the remodeling! Some of the Longs had really narrow aisles that didn't allow more than 2 carts in the main aisles.

As far as the staff goes...I think people expect better service from Longs...maybe because they feel that it is their "neighborhood store" and that everyone that works there should know them by name?? lol

I read a bunch of comments on the Advertiser website saying how Longs always runs out of sale items. But doesn't your expectations change..say when you go to Best Buy. If they run out of an advertised item on the same day the ad came out, people just shrug it off. If Longs runs out on a Tuesday, it's travesty!

I agree about Customers being way too demanding. I once saw a lady walk in a Longs with her shopping list, hand it to a clerk, and ask him to find all of the items on her list!! And he agreed! She wasn't old or disabled. Try that at Wal-mart!

When I walk into a wal-mart, if I can't find it myself, I won't even bother asking a clerk...or is it just a stock person? I can't tell the difference. I tried asking for help at Wal-mart ONCE. It was a group of 5 workers. I asked them if they had any more in stock, they said..."uh, probably not." then went on with their conversation. no one offered to go check in the back....but if this happened at a longs, I would have complained to a Manager! Different standards I guess...
        Bitter & Sweet....all in one bite.

Comment

Originally posted by bittersweet View Post

I agree about Customers being way too demanding. I once saw a lady walk in a Longs with her shopping list, hand it to a clerk, and ask him to find all of the items on her list!! And he agreed! She wasn't old or disabled. Try that at Wal-mart!
          I would look at a sample copy of their current advertisment in the store with the sticker labels of which aisle the item is located.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
            I've noticed this too! You hand the cashier your cc or id, into their hand, then when they're done with it, they drop it on the countertop right in front of you! Sometimes even right in front of your outstretched fingers. Maybe 1% of the time they will hand it back to you, into your hand.
            As I explained to kani-lehua earlier, at least in a supermarket setting, there is an important reason for this practice. Clerks normally don’t need your I.D. until they scan a liquor, cigarette or pseudoephedrine-containing drug item. At that time, the cash register’s computer screen asks the clerk to key in your birthdate.

Therefore, if you give them your I.D. to them before the liquor, cigarette or drugs have rolled down the conveyor belt to the area where the cashier can run the UPC barcode through the terminal, it’s basically useless. However, they still need the I.D. when they finally are ready to scan the particular “21 and over” merchandise. So that’s why they put your I.D. on the counter. They are trying to tell you through non-verbal communication: “I am not finished using your I.D. Please don’t stuff it back in your bag yet.”

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

I thought the reason cashiers drop or slide your ID/credit card on the counter was because it was faster than waiting for the customer to grab it. Even if the customer has his hand extended, it's already become a habit.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just spoke with kam shopping center long's manager and i learned they may keep what they sell and with the photo processing lab for photo's,they may keep this also and that's what i know for now so to kani-lehua,thank's for sharing your thought's with me.i'll find out more later on what will happen with long's in Kam center and pali long's.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just spoke with a customer service agent at The head office of Long's and they shared with me that for a while,they'll keep what they sell in their store's and that they'll for a while keep the photo processing lab for photo's so this is the best update i learned so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time:O)

Comment

hi this is sansei and a few day's ago,i went to pali long's and they still sell what long's always been selling,their original product's that when they still have the name of long's before being sold to CVS only it remain's the same with all of their or long's product's.

i purchased my pre-paid phone card so it's stilll at $10.00 plus tax so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                      Also, I always hand over my id with my cc, because a responsible clerk is always supposed to verify that the 'you' on your id is the same as the name on the credit card. Lots of times, they just throw my id back on the counter without even looking at it. Meh! That just makes fraudulent cc purchases easier for criminals!
                      I disagree with this "responsible clerk" stuff. When I worked retail in the eighties (yeah, yeah...), a credit card by itself was a valid form of ID for check-writing. If the signature you signed on the check matched the signature on the card, that was good enough. Convenience and ease of use were two of the HUGE benefits credit card companies touted as incentives to use their cards.

Yes, I know people steal credit cards. That's why the credit card companies are quick to assure you that if someone steals your card, you won't be responsible for charges applied to it. That's why when the companies notice unusual activity on your card, they contact you to see what the deal is. They assume responsibility for the proper use of your card.

The clerk is in no way liable for charges rung up on a stolen card. Neither is the retailer. The credit card companies WANT as many people as possible to use their cards, so they assume all of the risk. When retailers and clerks take it upon themselves to ask for some other form of ID before processing the charge, they take away one of my primary reasons for using the card in the first place.

Zippy's, 7-Eleven, Subway, and (intermittently, especially in the drive-throughs) BK have asked for ID when I've tried to use my card. This offends me and causes me to patronize the establishments less frequently. McD's, Jack in the Box, Longs, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, and Best Buy have never asked me for ID, for which I give them props.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                        Zippy's, 7-Eleven, Subway, and (intermittently, especially in the drive-throughs) BK have asked for ID when I've tried to use my card. This offends me and causes me to patronize the establishments less frequently. McD's, Jack in the Box, Longs, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, and Best Buy have never asked me for ID, for which I give them props.
                        I totally feel you on this one, scriv. I find it rediculous when Zippy’s and 7-Eleven ask me for my I.D. when I’m not even purchasing alcohol/tobacco. Especially if there’s a line all the way to the Slurpee® machine!

If the last name on the card was McDermott, then maybe an I.D. check is justified, as I don’t think I look Irish much less white. A faster way to ensure I am using a valid card, is by comparing the signature on the receipt to the signature on the card. If they are really so concerned about identity, they should invest in a self-service credit card swipe machine, which even McDonald’s® seems to be able to afford.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                          [...]
                          If the last name on the card was McDermott, then maybe an I.D. check is justified, as I don’t think I look Irish much less white.[...]
                          Aha! So this is why Scriv gets asked for his ID! Scriv doesn't look like his last name...in the least!

On the back of my Visa debit card I didn't sign my name; rather, I wrote "Photo ID required". Fully 90% of clerks never check it. I usually call their attention to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Aha! So this is why Scriv gets asked for his ID! Scriv doesn't look like his last name...in the least!
                            Ha! But I'll bet for most people in Hawaii, and possibly you, too, more of the Dwyers they've met have looked like me than have looked UNlike me. :P
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Kam Shopping Center Longs looks so different now with the massive renovations it isn't funny. Now they need to expand pharmacy hours if they want to compete with Walgreens.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                                A better question to ask would be along the lines of the pharmacy operation. If I am traveling to places where CVS has a store like in Amarillo Texas for example would I be able to get my prescriptions refilled there?
                                In my experience, yes. Working in an ED in a tourist area, I was able to call the local CVS and get an accurate list of current meds for out-of-towners. I know that every time I have gone out of state to a CVS for a prescription, they pull me up in the computer to verify my home address and allergies.

I have had patients in the past who ran out of a critical med while on vacation, and were able to get a few doses from the local CVS until they got home. Same for Walgreens.

Comment

Working...
                                X