New IHOP in Hilo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New IHOP in Hilo

I could not believe it, Just passed the Ihop at our mall and it is still packed! They even fill those tables they have outside the restaurant in the mall gated off area.

I did noticed a few people leave after reading their menu though...

There is one positive from their restaurant, The Blueberry creape dessert is ono! Warm blueberries with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! I will go back for this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
      You can get breakfast buffet at Princess Kailani Sheraton hotel for $19.95 per person. That, or IHoP? Hmmm ... let me get back to you
      The breakfast Buffet at Volcano House is pretty amazing too, and if I remember correctly, less than $20 pp...Sit by the window for a breathtaking view of the Crater too....but it IS in Volcano Nt'l park...
      http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
      Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
      Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
        The breakfast Buffet at Volcano House is pretty amazing too, and if I remember correctly, less than $20 pp...Sit by the window for a breathtaking view of the Crater too....but it IS in Volcano Nt'l park...
        Hey Tikiyaki

I have been there many times and I love it! Down the road at KMC is also another good place to eat and they have a buffet too!

Comment

Originally posted by Hilo Artist View Post
          Hey Tikiyaki

I have been there many times and I love it! Down the road at KMC is also another good place to eat and they have a buffet too!
          I especially love the eternal flame fireplace there, that has been burning continuously for 125 years...NONSTOP.

How much is the buffet, you remember ?

I seem to recall $18 being the number, but I forget right now.

I love the whole Volcano area. It really is like an enchanted forest up there , full if mystery
          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
            I especially love the eternal flame fireplace there, that has been burning continuously for 125 years...NONSTOP.

How much is the buffet, you remember ?

I seem to recall $18 being the number, but I forget right now.

I love the whole Volcano area. It really is like an enchanted forest up there , full if mystery
            The buffet at KMC is cheap only around $12 or $13 dollars. They have different themes for their menu each night, I remember one as being Pacific Rim and an American menu.

On friday nights my oldest daughter dances hula there with her Halau and I cannot stop looking at the food in the buffet! The bar right next door is also really nice and there are live bands that play there.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
              You can get breakfast buffet at Princess Kailani Sheraton hotel for $19.95 per person. That, or IHoP? Hmmm ... let me get back to you
              Or you can have breakfast right on Waikiki beach over at Duke's for their all you can eat buffet breakfast...

Duke's Waikiki Breakfast
              $14.95 includes:
              Made-To-Order Omelettes • Eggs Benedict • Pancakes and Waffles
              Bacon • Sausages • Fresh Seasonal Fruits • Tropical Fruit Juices
              Coffee and more!

Or $11.95 all you-can-eat breakfast buffet also on Waikiki beach over at the Shore Bird.

That, or IHOP?... hmmmm... let me get back to you.

I haven't been to Eggs 'N Things for a while... it's time I go pay them a visit again.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

For my wife and I, and my three small children the bill came out to over a $100! Average plate was like $15.00 to $18.00 and just for breakfast food!
                I just stopped by the IHOP in Waikiki on Kuhio Avenue about a half hour ago to look over their breakfast menu.

A basic stack of pancakes was $6.99. French Toast was $7.99. All par for the coarse in Waikiki.

The breakfast combo, which included pancakes, 2 eggs (any style), meat of your choice and some other side stuff (like fruit or toast) was $9.99. It averaged about $12 for various other combos I can't remember; the highest price being $15 if you added steak.

The IHOP in Waikiki is located on a street level location of a Kuhio street Hotel, which the rent must certainly be higher than the location in Hilo, so something's WAY OFF with the Hilo location's price (gouging) structure.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                  The IHOP in Waikiki is located on a street level location of a Kuhio street Hotel, which the rent must certainly be higher than the location in Hilo, so something's WAY OFF with the Hilo location's price (gouging) structure.
                  I suspect the higher prices is due the higher overhead for the Hilo IHOP. As far as I recall, Prince Kuhio Plaza tenants have to pay a monthly lease fee
                  PLUS they have to pay a percentage of their daily revenue to General Growth (The owner of Prince Kuhio Plaza). It is pretty remarkable that the
                  mall is as full as it is considering this onerous lease arrangement.
                  Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                  The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                    I just stopped by the IHOP in Waikiki on Kuhio Avenue about a half hour ago to look over their breakfast menu.

A basic stack of pancakes was $6.99. French Toast was $7.99. All par for the coarse in Waikiki.

The breakfast combo, which included pancakes, 2 eggs (any style), meat of your choice and some other side stuff (like fruit or toast) was $9.99. It averaged about $12 for various other combos I can't remember; the highest price being $15 if you added steak.

Pomai

Looks like Waikiki may be cheaper. The Staek plates here was upwards of $18 to $20 +

Comment

Wow. Hilo has changed since I lived there.

It used to be that only the pakalolo growers would spend $$$ like that, after thier harvests had been sold. You'd see them in their brand new fancy cars for a while, living it up....and then, a few months later, they'd be back to hitchhiking to the fern forest or in a junker. A few months later, the cycle would begin again.
                      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

There used to be this really sweet place, down by the bay in one of the hotel/condos...called (if I remember correctly) The Red Carpet Lounge. Nice little bar, smelled of cigarettes and stale beer, that served pupus and drinks during the afternoons. The first round got you tofu with shoyu and green onions, the second maybe some chilimac, if you bought a third round they broke open the sashimi.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                          There used to be this really sweet place, down by the bay in one of the hotel/condos...called (if I remember correctly) The Red Carpet Lounge. Nice little bar, smelled of cigarettes and stale beer, that served pupus and drinks during the afternoons. The first round got you tofu with shoyu and green onions, the second maybe some chilimac, if you bought a third round they broke open the sashimi.
                          I think My uncle Tommy ran that place and was the owner.

Comment

I think My uncle Tommy ran that place and was the owner.
                            So wat, den...you know my Dad's wife? Her maiden name was Mildred Tolentino, AKA The Hilo Songbird.

(Auntie looks jass like her in the picture)

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                              So wat, den...you know my Dad's wife? Her maiden name was Mildred Tolentino, AKA The Hilo Songbird.

(Auntie looks jass like her in the picture)
                              No sorry don't know Mrs. Tolentino

Comment

No sorry don't know Mrs. Tolentino
                                She's Mrs. Misajon now. She used to be the director of the cultural music department at UH....I think.

Nevermind.

So Ken's is still there, eh? How about Bear's Coffeeshop in the downtown area? Or that relly delicious Mexican restaurant that serves such good black bean soup....maybe called Norberto's?

Comment

Working...
                                X