This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Watch This! Web Video Finds

I enjoyed the Urban Ninja. Had you seen this before?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/walking.php
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Only a minute and a half, but a pretty good giggle: http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/media/pool/

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Google Video has added a "Top 100 Videos" list, a fun way to browse what everyone else is looking at. Like the "Most Viewed" page at YouTube, your mileage may vary, some material may not be work-safe, and some material may not be particularly entertaining at all.

This is actually an ad for a website, but worth a small chuckle: New Girlfriend

This, I guess, is a Candid Camera-type setup: Free Photo Booth.

This has been going around for a while, and is funny for geeks and Microsoft bashers: What if Microsoft designed the packaging for Apple's iPod?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          This has been going around for a while, and is funny for geeks and Microsoft bashers: What if Microsoft designed the packaging for Apple's iPod?
          perfect.
          At the end, I half expected to see the product then zoom back and dissappear on a shelf with a bunch of other overly designed technojunk as we fade out from a visual of an 8 ft high jam packed compusa aisle, and pull back even more to resemble that last shot in raiders of the lost ark. you know the one....
          there. it stands out.

Comment

If you're a baseball fan who's old enough to remember the 1986 World Series Game Six, when that ground ball went through Bill Buckner's legs and allowed the Mets to win and force Game Seven (which they also won), this one's for you.

Somebody has recreated the 10th inning where all that horror went down using a Nintendo RBI game emulator. It's 8:39 long, and worth every minute if you remember either Nintendo's game or the baseball game.

Here
            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Don't look very hard for this movie this coming summer....

Titanic 2: Jack's Back

Same video on YouTube:

Titanic 2: Jack's Back

I have to say that someone went through great lengths to make this look real.... Imagine a scifi movie follow-up to Titanic.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I received this from a friend (the link is at the end of this):

Honda Commercial

And you thought those people that set up roomfuls of dominos to knock over
                were amazing. There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film.
                Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it.
                The film took 606 takes. (Holy cow!) On the first 605 takes, something,
                usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole
                thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time it
                was over, they were ready to change professions. (It's surprising they kept
                their sanity!)
                The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete (Wow!)
                including full engineering of the sequence. In addition, it's two minutes
                long so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're
                shelling out enough dough to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime.
                However, it is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet
                history. (It's easy to see why!) Honda executives figure the ad will soon
                pay for itself simply in "free viewings" (Honda isn't paying a dime to have
                you watch this commercial!). (That's clever!)
                When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it
                immediately without any hesitation - including the costs.
                There are six and only six hand-made Honda Accords in the world. To the
                horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make
                the film. (That's beyond belief. This project was far beyond the genius of
                Swiss watches!)
                Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and
                complete Honda Accord) is parts from those two cars.
                The voiceover is Garrison Keillor. When the ad was shown to Honda
                executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics
                have gotten.
                They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real. Oh, and
                about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield
                wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing V their thing
                automatically as soon as they become wet.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda.php

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Ah, a classic of classics. That's the Honda "Cog" ad, from maybe three years ago. A huge, huge deal in marketing circles (with the expected acclaim and awards, subsequent hype-fatigue "it's not that good" naysaying by critics, parodies (hilarious if you have the patience to navigate the Flash interface), and lawsuits over stolen ideas. It's rapid spread online -- where it garnered more eyeballs than it ever did on television -- was also cited as a triumph of viral marketing.

Comment

Somehow I'd never seen that before. That's amazing.

Comment

Super Mario Bros.: Live on stage!

Link to video

This made me smile tonight.
                      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Re: Super Mario Bros.: Live on stage!

Originally posted by doc1456
                        Link to video

This made me smile tonight.

Man I never laugh so hard in my life thanx dude it was funny.
                        A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

There's an a cappella singing group from the University of Wisconsin called Redefined that does a killer Nintendo medley. A video made the rounds last summer. I don't have a URL handy but if you google for "redefined" and "nintendo" you'll probably find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                            There's an a cappella singing group from the University of Wisconsin called Redefined that does a killer Nintendo medley. A video made the rounds last summer. I don't have a URL handy but if you google for "redefined" and "nintendo" you'll probably find it.
                            Indeed, a web video classic. Here it is. Interestingly, there's a great deal of nostalgia for all old computer music.

Comment

Video of Stephen Colbert's performance at the White House Correspondents Dinner last night linkedhere.

It's, um, incendiary, particularly when you consider that GWB was in the audience.

Comment

Haven't posted a video in a while, but I'm rather fond of my latest snapshot of island life.

We went down to Magic Island tonight for the Toro Nagashi, or lantern offering, ceremony. Held in conjunction with Memorial Day, this traditional Buddhist rite honors the dead with paper lanterns sent out to sea with messages and blessings. Even with the crowds and everything else, the sight of those lanterns at sunset never fails to take my breath away.

Compressed, embedded video here, where you'll also find links to other sizes and formats (such as the fast streaming YouTube version here). Enjoy! A few cameraphone shots can also be found here.
                                Last edited by pzarquon; May 30, 2006, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X