• Show
Clear All

• Re: What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

Poki, sushi and a bottle of water.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      Poki, sushi and a bottle of water.
      Helen, my goodness. Poki (Poke) and Sushi? That's fresh fish OVERLOAD! Heck, but I'm with ya' all the way on that one. Wasabi o onegaishimasu!

You're doing us proud by abstaining from Mountain Dew.
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

We ate that chicken bowl from KFC. Had mashed potatoes, popcorn chicken, sweet corn, gravy, and cheese in it. It was really good. Drank Arizona sweet tea.
        myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Ooh, I'm trying that tomorrow.

Recent dinners:
          I've been to Nico's at Pier 38 four times in the last week. It's yummy, not to mention convenient.

Tried Islands Burger at Ala Moana (across Macaroni Grill). It was good, but not great. Overpriced just a little. Decent fries. Good rings, but a bit on the crunchy side for my tastes. I'm sure there's parmesan in the onion-ring breading.

Home-made veggie black-bean soup. I made a whole crock-pot of this and finally finished it off this week!

Falafel plate at the Greek Corner. Good, but not as good as the roasted meat plates; It was a lot more deep-fried food than I was in the mood for that day. The spanokopita was good, but why is that always such an overpriced dish? Greek salad yummy.

Grilled veggie-portobello sandwich, whipped up on my George Foreman Grill (loser size).
          Last edited by scrivener; June 17, 2006, 02:22 AM. Reason: "Go on, take the money and run..."
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Whopper Jr and Diet Coke from Burger King.

Comment

I had a grilled chicken-breast sandwich, whipped up on my George Foreman Grill (loser size). Whole-wheat bread, light mayo, alfalfa sprouts, and cheddar. Not exactly heart-healthy. Oh, but I had a nice dunkles to go with it. Beer is heart-healthy, right?

I also finished off a small piece of grilled nairagi that was left over from a couple of nights ago.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

NZ Corned Beef Cabbage, Onions, and Rice.

Diet Coke to wash it down.

It's late, but now I'm snacking on some Wasabi Funyons and drinking some Cabernet. It's a yummy combo.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Plate lunch from Kelly's Cajun at Daiei.

Comment

who's feeding?

Manoa...slides into the thread...

Um... I'm a meat eater... so Steak and rice might be a possible every few night response...

that will get quite old to you guys...

So I bow out...

But I'm always open to trying someones recipe

Comment

My wife made a reservation for the whole family at Stuart Anderson's in Pearl City. It was as busy and crowded as you'd imagine for Father's Day. The staff was overwhelmed (I ended up retrieving a high chair and various supplies myself) and they were really stretching out their prime rib (ours were so thin I joked they were sandwich cold cuts). But, hey, the salads were cool and crisp, the "brick of fudge" dessert is always a winner, and it was a family occasion, so it was still special.

Next year we'll stay home and I'll make spaghetti.

Comment

For Father's Day, I cooked. Rack of lamb, rib and Spencer steaks, 7 lbs. of king crab, sauteed asparagus with sweet bell peppers, broc salad, rice and kimchee. Geez, I cooked too much. Tonight, crab fuyong and fried rice.

Comment

Pastrami sandwich and a Diet Coke from Subways at Ala Maona.

Right now also sipping a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

Comment

Chicken fajitas to use up the edible remnants of a Costco chicken - then the carcass will be used for stock.

Comment

My electricity went out this evening, so I couldn't play with my grill tonight, as I'd planned. Instead went to Subway for a ham on wheat. Love Subway.
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Had a craving for cheese sticks, so I went to Arby for that, a couple of sandwiches and a cup of Diet Coke.

Comment

Working...
                                X