Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peking duck!

i got one duck on the grill cooking...

dough to make the buns, rising in the ice box....

all to make peking duck!

its a good day

Re: peking duck!

Hope your Peking duck comes out OK, but traditionally prepared Peking duck requires a very long and complicated procedure, and does not include grilling. The opening scene of "Eat Drink Man Woman" depicts what's involved.

It used to be that Peking Duck required a 24-hour advanced reservation (I'm thinking Maple Gardens in the 1970s). Now days, most restaurants use a variety of shortcuts, which works just fine. I hope your method comes out OK. Let us know.

Comment

Like mentioned above, no grill for Pieking Duck. Nothing wrong with grilled duck at all, but Peiking Duck is a very percise process.

I hope it eats well regardless of you preperation
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Sorry we're raining on your parade, but dough won't rise in the refridgerator. Needs a warm place or room temp at least.

Then again, it all sounds interesting and maybe your recipe does call for a refridgerated dough. Yeah, let us know how it comes out and share the recipe. My daughter and I love duck.

Comment

Wow! Peking Duck on dee Grill? How wuz it?

I love PK Duck!!!heheheh

Never heard with your method.

Waiting like the rest for your results.

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Re: Peking duck!

I think chef xsanchez is ROTFLHAS.

Comment

HEY it came out good! no be jealous!!

haha

i forgot why i started putting the dough in the ice box... but it still came out good...
              and da duck... ONO!
              that says it all.

Comment

ohhh yeahhh

you kno.. when you stay up in the mainland you gotta get creative! not like you can go down the street and pick up some ono food or anything!

Comment

Originally posted by xsanchez808 View Post
                  ohhh yeahhh

you kno.. when you stay up in the mainland you gotta get creative! not like you can go down the street and pick up some ono food or anything!
                  Ah, okay, you steh mainlan.

Now, we know it was ono, but what did you do to make it ono?
                  What kind of seasonings and how did you cook it? I'm still tinking whole duck das wai. C'man, shpit it out, shpit it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                    Sorry we're raining on your parade, but dough won't rise in the refridgerator. Needs a warm place or room temp at least.

Then again, it all sounds interesting and maybe your recipe does call for a refridgerated dough. Yeah, let us know how it comes out and share the recipe. My daughter and I love duck.

Dough will rise in the refrigerator, but at a slower rate. At work, after the first dough rising or proofing, I let the dough rise a second time in the refrigerator overnight so that in the morning, the dough will be ready to be formed and baked the next morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                      Ah, okay, you steh mainlan.

Now, we know it was ono, but what did you do to make it ono?
                      What kind of seasonings and how did you cook it? I'm still tinking whole duck das wai. C'man, shpit it out, shpit it out.

i not sure about the seasoning... my mom specializes in dat kine of stuff so i had her season it for me.. plus i no like touch raw duck or chicken... too much slime even after you rinse it for me.. but when i cooked em i cooked em REAL REAL slow... thats the key.

Comment

Originally posted by xsanchez808 View Post
                        i not sure about the seasoning... my mom specializes in dat kine of stuff so i had her season it for me.. plus i no like touch raw duck or chicken... too much slime even after you rinse it for me.. but when i cooked em i cooked em REAL REAL slow... thats the key.
                        Eh! You have to "TOUCH" dee Raw DUCK in order to cook it! No and's, if's or butt's about it!

So the question remains...Did you or didn't you cook dee Peking Duck on the Grill like you said in the first place? No make Bulair.heheheh

Doesn't matter if you cook um fast or slow. You gotta touch the dang thing in order to COOK um!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Juss playing with ya! Welcome to Hawaiithreads.com

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                          Eh! You have to "TOUCH" dee Raw DUCK in order to cook it! No and's, if's or butt's about it!

So the question remains...Did you or didn't you cook dee Peking Duck on the Grill like you said in the first place? No make Bulair.heheheh

Doesn't matter if you cook um fast or slow. You gotta touch the dang thing in order to COOK um!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Juss playing with ya! Welcome to Hawaiithreads.com

Auntie Lynn
                          You could tong it with tongs HAHA... sorry auntie, I'm just being facetious.

mmmm... duck.
                          -kp!

Comment

Originally posted by Kungpao View Post
                            You could tong it with tongs HAHA... sorry auntie, I'm just being facetious.

mmmm... duck.
                            HAHAHAHAHAHA

Too funny!!!!

Good morning!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Maybe he made 'poor mans' peking duck.
                              white bread + chicken strip + hoisin sauce?
                              Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Working...
                              X