Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finances closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters.

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    1) my calling ron out forced more of you to think
    2) i even got FM to do research that supported my position that ron's claims were, if not wholly wrong, at least suspect.
    Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    3) Department of Health, Vector Control Branch
    were almost ready to go out on my mention, but I stressed that I had no physical evidence, I was just following up on a rumor, and they chilled.
    4) One of the on-site managers at RR9 said they have received NO complaints from customers to his knowledge. In addition he says that bi-weekly inspections are made of all theatres, including for droppings, fleas (using flea traps) and samples are taken during cleaning and inspected.
    1) No need to repeatedly call me out and embarrass yourself, a simple knock on the door asking my mom for me would've sufficed.
    2) But still, I support the rapport that helped instigate discussion and investigation towards more facts. That's why I put it out there, not to rag on any homeless.
    3) Too bad you squelched their interest. That could have helped resolve the matter completely and if it was a problem could have been of benefit to the community.
    It's also a shame you didn't mention the fact of Next Step's pandemic infestations. That situation is LONG overdue for investigation and resolvance.
    4) That alone leads me lean towards 'no story here, move along, move along', if true. Thanx for the info!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: Finances closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters.

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      1) No need to repeatedly call me out and embarrass yourself, a simple knock on the door asking my mom for me would've sufficed.
      2) But still, I support the rapport that helped instigate discussion and investigation towards more facts. That's why I put it out there, not to rag on any homeless.
      3) Too bad you squelched their interest. That could have helped resolve the matter completely and if it was a problem could have been of benefit to the community.
      It's also a shame you didn't mention the fact of Next Step's pandemic infestations. That situation is LONG overdue for investigation and resolvance.
      4) That alone leads me lean towards 'no story here, move along, move along', if true. Thanx for the info!

again, ron, if your purpose was so altruistic, why is it that you didn't call DOH, the theatre, or Next Step?

the fact you haven't lifted a finger to give credence to your assertions proves you're an idle gossip.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

We heard it we heard it

again, ron, if your purpose was so altruistic, why is it that you didn't call DOH, the theatre, or Next Step? the fact you haven't lifted a finger to give credence to your assertions proves you're an idle gossip.
        I don't go to the affected theater or Next Step, and the DOH is SO overwhelmed already with behind schedual work and grossly underfunding and staffing that it wasn't important enuf to bother them on a rumour.
        I'm sure that won't placate you, but such is the truth.

The situation with Next Step is well known to State officials and they aren't interested in getting the matter dealt with or letting it be known to the public's interest.

Comment

Re: Bed bugs closing Restaurant Row 9 theaters?

ron, if you're so damned concerned, why don't you do like i did and call samiana, wife of utu langi, who is the director of next step? it took me all of fifteen minutes to get a contact number. she is a very nice lady who speaks openly and is quite motivated to check out the posts on this thread.

by the way, if government agencies shy, even now, from calling swine flu a pandemic, then your dogged application of the word to an alleged rampant infestation at the next step shelter is clearly ignorant and excessive.
          Last edited by cynsaligia; June 9, 2009, 04:10 PM. Reason: again, adjectival accuracy.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

The very first post in this thread.
            Recent street talk sez Restaurant Row's $1 theaters are so infested with bed bugs that the mgt. may simply decide to close rather than deal with alternatives. The problem is said to mostly be brought into the cheap movie house by the clients at the nearby State sponsored Next Step shelter for the homeless where bed bug infestation has been quietly pandemic for years.
            My original response... to the possibility of bedbugs not the homeless.
            Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
            Ewww! Gross!!!
            Methinks way more was read into the first post than intended.
            I know Utu Langi, he's been in my home and we've worked on homeless projects together years ago. He's a good man.
            methinks me smells alarmist predjudice against the horrid bane that is the homeless. next step is a great program geared toward helping homeless families. i'm disgusted at this, yet another, campaign to undermine it.

take the time to look next step up before you join in on spreadong rumors to make its beneficiaries into scuzzy boogeymen.
            And Ron states where he heard it from.
            It was a group of homeless, some that are from Next Step, that was discussing it with me.

Next time aim a little to the high right side.
            Hmmm.
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
              [...]
              Methinks way more was read into the first post than intended.
              [...]
              I decided to stay out of this thread because I was having a difficult time articulating my feelings in a non-verbose manner. You just did it for me, MM. Intention and perception can vary widely. That doesn't automatically make one right and the other wrong. I learned a lot from this thread but was sorry to see it not take the high road.

Comment

hmmm yeah--regret does often lead to rationalization and parsing. so what else is new?

i'm not holding my breath for an admission of irresponsibly sensationalist writing, or an admission of pathetic chauvinism.

i've clearly made my point. i am nothing but triumphantly thrilled that it's stuck, unsightly and painful, in the craws of some.

Comment

ron, if you're so damned concerned, why don't you do like i did and call samiana, wife of utu langi?
                  Thank you, but I can speak to Utu virtually any time I please. Like the State, he's well aware of the situation. I doubt he can do more than what he has and it probably won't be resolved until they move out of the warehouse in Kakaako, hopefully without dragging the bugs with them to a new place.

Comment

I can only say that even though I work very close by, I stopped going to films there. I don't recall any trouble with insect pests, but the humans were bad enough. It became a place for people to dump their children and troubled relatives for the day. I often wondered how they stayed in business!
                    On the other hand, the discount theater at Keolu in Enchanted Lake was great, and I went there often before it closed.
                    Burl Burlingame
                    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      I learned a lot from this thread but was sorry to see it not take the high road.
                      Indeed. It was a shame that things were allowed to get out of hand.
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        Not sure I follow you, F.M. Admin "allows" these kinds of things all the time; you and I have both been participants in similar sessions - and we're both still here. Ryan's a pretty flexible and fair fellow about it all.

Comment

It's just my opinion, Leo. That's all. And I will leave it at that.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I stopped going, too, but not because of the clientele. First, I have during periods of my life been a bus-rider, and the theater's no-backpacks policy (even when I said it would be totally fine for them to search my bag) was anti-bus-rider.

Second, despite numerous complaints, whoever's in charge of projection at these theaters doesn't know what the heck he or she is doing. When it was still the Arthouse at the Row, I saw several subtitled films that were framed so poorly that the subtitles were unreadable, because the lower part of the picture was off the screen. When it became the dollar theater, it was just as bad.

I have no problem with a scuzzy theater if the film is a buck (I, too, frequented the dollar theaters in Kailua), but without decent framing, they might as well show the films on bedsheets.

It's a shame, too, because I thought the theaters were in a good location. While I still miss the excellent selection the theaters offered when they were the Arthouse, I shan't miss its recent incarnation.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market
                              Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Not sure I follow you, F.M. Admin "allows" these kinds of things all the time; you and I have both been participants in similar sessions - and we're both still here. Ryan's a pretty flexible and fair fellow about it all.
                              OMG! That is the best laugh I have had in an EON!
                              "allowed" to get out of hand!

Gee, what a shame we live in America, where freedom of speech is the FIRST amendment!

Allowed to get out of hand.... (bless me webmaster, for I have sinned)

This thread was pretty mild compared to some, and never became a personal shooting match as did some others in recent memory, which were justifiably terminated (after spawning the "Where did all the nice people go" thread), and yes, guilty as charged. At least I admit it!

I believe this thread (even with its heated arguments and blames) was a GOOD lesson for us all! There's ways to deal with rumors: suppressing them by not allowing them to continue is counterproductive.

Getting accurate information is always preferable to (should I say?) oppression.

Vive la verdad!
                              Last edited by Kaonohi; June 9, 2009, 11:15 PM.
                              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                              ~ ~
                              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                It's just my opinion, Leo. That's all. And I will leave it at that.
                                Okay, thanks, F.M. I wasn't trying to bait you with my comment, fwiw, and opinions are just fine by me, as long as they aren't used to suppress anyone else's. (IMO. )

Comment

Working...
                                X