Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Aloha Air files bankruptcy, again

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
    It's the financially smart thing to do. Why burden oneself with labor issues when you can simply pick the assets and not the liabilities?
    Yep smart move and they probably got the public's sentiments on that too after what the ALPA did.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
      It's late, has been a very busy but dang good day, I know I should be in bed and asleep but here I am just closing up shop for the night, and I glanced the title of this thread which I have seen multiple times, but this time a classic rock song immediately came to mind.

Who did it? what specifically is it titled?

"Save my life I'm going down for the last time...." LOL sing with me?

Yeppers, time to crash!

g'nite gracie....
      The song is "There's Never Been Any Reason" by Head East.

Comment

thanks helen for the info.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

So Saltchuk is buying Aloha's air cargo unit after all after a phone call from Senator Dan Inouye. BUT ALPA hasn't heard from anyone since what April 17th? Hmmm me thinks ALPA's getting the rub for their selfish actions leading up to Aloha's air cargo unit's breakup.

So with no collective bargaining contract in place and a fresh start for AAC, I'm wondering if Saltchuk will train the senior Aloha Pilots who have limited training on cargo flights, or hire the cargo pilots instead and leave the passenger pilots out to rot. I hope they chose the latter.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i have one question,if saltchuck bought the aloha air cargo,why couldnt they buy the passenger part of aloha and get them up and running or maybe hawaiian could do it then the former aloha airline pilot's with the steward's and stewardess's could have their job's back,what may anyones thought's be on this?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
              hi this is sansei and i have one question,if saltchuck bought the aloha air cargo,why couldnt they buy the passenger part of aloha and get them up and running or maybe hawaiian could do it then the former aloha airline pilot's with the steward's and stewardess's could have their job's back,what may anyones thought's be on this?

Well thank's for your time
              No one wanted to buy the passenger division. United came close but backed away. It was unprofitable, too much in debt, and had too much baggage aka unions. Saltchuk does not deal with passenger operations so they weren't even a candidate in that scenario.

Comment

hi this is sansei and my response to this is that my cousin's husband since aloha airline's cargo division wont hire my cousin's husband so he went to india and he's got a job there as a pilot with the same aircraft as aloha and my cousin after she finishes being at school,, that she'll try to get a job in the airline's here only no telling if she'll work here or move to india so i thought to share this update with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Wow!
                  That's innovative though difficult to work in India with the family separated.
                  I wish them all the Bestest!
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X