X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 4

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
    The Coast Guard was dealing with the situation, letting them know that it's a federal offense to interfere with maritime commerce. The USCG should just arrest them, charge them accordingly, and let the SF do its work.
    Indeed. But I wouldn't give the whackos jail time. I'd make 'em do community service.
    Like building facilities for the SuperFerry.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I don't go 'til Saturday. We booked a vacation on Maui over the Labor Day weekend for $40. Hahahaha! Wonderful stuff.
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

out of curiousity i was wondering if anybody has links to any BB or Forums that the three groups that are against progress in the 21st century have on the web.... i have done some searching but havent been able to find anything.... it would be interesting to know what those folks chat about.... i have a feeling that there isn't anything like that because it would put on the record what their agenda is and there would be little control as to what the way out whackos would post which may hurt their cause.....so if any one knows of any links it would be fun to check them out.
        the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
          out of curiousity i was wondering if anybody has links to any BB or Forums that the three groups that are against progress in the 21st century have on the web.... i have done some searching but havent been able to find anything.... it would be interesting to know what those folks chat about.... i have a feeling that there isn't anything like that because it would put on the record what their agenda is and there would be little control as to what the way out whackos would post which may hurt their cause.....so if any one knows of any links it would be fun to check them out.
          The group on Kaua'i is very organized. They have an organization called Hui-R that's been holding organizational meetings for quite awhile. They are the ones who mobilized the Kaua'i people today.

Maui has some groups, but they aren't quite as well organized as Hui-R. I think the 3 environmental groups who are leading the opposition on Maui are depending on the 2nd Circuit Court to issue an injunction tomorrow.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Wow. Kaua'i is a hostile place fo' visit.
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
              http://hui-r.info/

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...ferry+Showdown

Also found this on their website

Comment

I am surprised that no one ever mentioned the time Seaflite operated in the late 1970's to early 1980's. Because those ships went faster than the SuperFerry. Did any of those ships struck a whale?

Another solution is built yet a 3rd ship. Each of the ships will just service one island and just make one round trip per day running at a slower speed. That way you don't hit whales.

Comment

The radical extremist wackos on Kauai ought all be arrested under the federal statute for preventing the Superferry from entering the harbor.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Well they could claim they went surfing and they drift out to the harbor enterance.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      Well they could claim they went surfing and they drift out to the harbor enterance.
                      If you did not see the local news footage on the 10 o clock news, the protest certainly did not look like an accident. The wacks who were literally in front of the ferry prevented its entrance were all in violation of the 100 yard federal law.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I still haven't figured out what all these protest people are against.

Aside from the speculative whale thing, what else is there to fear?

Obviously (by first-hand witness account) traffic isn't anything to worry about. And for every car ferried over there is one less rental on the road. Case in point, I'll be going to Maui in September to visit my family. I've made reservations on the ferry to take my car. Were this ferry not in existence, I'd have to rent a car. But now I can take my own car. I don't see how this will "increase traffic." All it will do is take business away from some rent-a-car place. Still waiting on a sane rebuttal to this, BTW...

I heard people complaining that people will ruin the outer islands. The ferry will be used mainly by local people, who already have a handle on how to treat "the aina." What, you think only Oahu people will use this? And by extension Oahu people are out to mess up the outer islands?

Everyone weeps about Oahu people going to the outer islands (like this has never happened before)... well, as an Oahu resident, should I expect that no person from an "outer island" come to Oahu? God forbid they come over and wreak havok on "our island."

This ferry goes two ways, in case nobody has noticed.

Comment

I think the arguments of traffic, whales, etc, are simply a cover for a reason most don't want to admit. Simply put, there's prejudice going on, island racism. Some, not all, think their island is better than others and find it unacceptable to have the "low lives" from other islands, mainly Oahu, come over so easily. There, I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by dick View Post
                            I heard people complaining that people will ruin the outer islands. The ferry will be used mainly by local people, who already have a handle on how to treat "the aina." What, you think only Oahu people will use this? And by extension Oahu people are out to mess up the outer islands?

Everyone weeps about Oahu people going to the outer islands (like this has never happened before)... well, as an Oahu resident, should I expect that no person from an "outer island" come to Oahu? God forbid they come over and wreak havok on "our island."
                            If the wackos are complaining about Oahu people ruining their island, why aren't they targeting the airports? Cumulatively far more people from off island pass through the airports by the thousands every day. Why single out only passengers from the Superferry?

The KHON News this morning said that passengers on Kauai had to wait to get off because some idiot threw rocks at one of the departing vehicles.

There is peaceful protest, but when people are breaking the law by blocking the ferry's entry into port and when they throw rocks at people's vehicles, then those people ought to be arrested and prosecuted under the law.

From the sidebar at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.com

Security: The Coast Guard is implementing security zones during the transit of the Superferry that are circular and extend 100 yards out from the vessel. The security zone will move with the vessel as long as it is within three nautical miles of the mouth of the harbor. Any violation of the security zone is a federal offense and can result in fines of up to $32,500 per violation or imprisonment for up to 10 years.
                            Last edited by mel; August 27, 2007, 06:22 AM.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Saw a news crew interview one of the Maui protestors lastnight. She said they wanted to keep Oahuans off Maui because they were afraid we'd deplete the fishing grounds and other "resources". Like we're going to cause a severe shortage of guri guri and manju? Also, she seemed to pose a "hypothetical" question that Oahuans might ask such as, "What's there to do on Maui?" Duh! She said if you gotta ask, don't come.

They ended the interview by showing a protestor carrying a sign which read, "Stupid Ferry, Stupid Riders". What a bunch of .............

Comment

Da kine piliki`a dis lady stay make. It`s not like alot of us living on Maui no go to Oahu to visit our family too!!!! Lo-lo, go to the airport go tell the tourist for respect our aina, Not the local`s we already know.....I saw all kine race taking the Superferry. I think it`s something that gives people a chance to really enjoy what every Island is all about, it`s beauty as well as it`s people. And no worry if run out of guri-guri and manju. We always can get more... ENJOY OUR ISLANDS AND PEOPLE!!!!
                                OGGBOY
                                bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Working...
                                X