11 Questions That Mess With Your Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 Questions That Mess With Your Head

Q1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

Q2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

Q3. A magician was boasting one day at how long he could hold his breath under water. His record was 6 minutes. A kid that was listening said, "that's nothing, I can stay under water for 10 minutes using no type of equipment or air pockets!" The magician told the kid if he could do that, he'd give him $10,000. The kid did it and won the money. Can you figure out how?

Q4. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

Q5. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you throw it away?

Q6. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Q7. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!

Q8. You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

Q9. If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

Q10. (in your head!) Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?

Q11. Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: 11 Questions That Mess With Your Head

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post

Q2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
    Her husband's in a photograph. Shoot, develop, hang.

Q10. (in your head!) Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?

Q11. Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?
    Nunu
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I swear I haven't seen any of these before, so I think I'll give them a try.

Q1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?
      The lions are dead, so that would be the best room.

She's a photographer.

Q3. A magician was boasting one day at how long he could hold his breath under water. His record was 6 minutes. A kid that was listening said, "that's nothing, I can stay under water for 10 minutes using no type of equipment or air pockets!" The magician told the kid if he could do that, he'd give him $10,000. The kid did it and won the money. Can you figure out how?
      He held a glass of water over his head.

Q4. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?
      Leave the water in the jugs; place the jugs in the barrel.

edit: shoot, I didn't read carefully enough. Okay, freeze the water in both jugs, break them open, then put the ice in the barrels.

Q5. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you throw it away?
      Q6. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
      Will "yesterday, today, and tomorrow" work?

Q7. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!
      There are no Es. Okay, I haven't seen this one before, but I admit I've seen things like it.

Q8. You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?
      Second.

Q9. If you overtake the last person, then you are...?
      Are you overtaking the last person after having overtaken the second, or is this a different scenario? If it's a different scenario, and you overtake the last person, you COULD be in the lead in a race on a circular (or ovate) track; but then you could also be in second-to-last and still lap the trailer. I guess I get this one wrong.

4100?

Mary.

I guess I can't get that black/red/grey one...someone else?
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Scriv's got all correct so far, except for the black, red, gray thing. Yes, you're in the lead if you overtake the last person (lap the last dude).

flickr

Comment

Why, charcoal, of course. A classic.

Comment

Scriv's got all correct so far, except for the black, red, gray thing. Yes, you're in the lead if you overtake the last person (lap the last dude).
            But couldn't the second-to-last person ALSO lap the last dude? This is a flawed question.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
              But couldn't the second-to-last person ALSO lap the last dude? This is a flawed question.
              Good point. Hey, I didn't make these up!

And yes, it is charcoal, Ry-Ry

flickr

Comment

The lions. If they haven't eaten for 3 years then more than likey there are too weak to attack anyone.

Comment

Oh wait. After 3 years without eating anything those lions would be dead. Still it would be the safest room assuming the smell of decaying lions don't get to you.

Comment

I would just call this...

Manoatosis

Comment

Working...
                    X