Fireworks and July 4th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fireworks and July 4th!

About an hour ago, MWH erupted in excitement! Smoke bellowed from a van up the parking lot where I live. Other residents got together with water hoses and put out the blazing fire. Within ten minutes the fire was pau. How did it start? Children were playing fireworks.

HFD could be heard coming. Dea was a problem. Somebody forgot to tell dem da gates were closed on the Liliha side on weekends!! They wondered foa several minutes wat to do, den finally figured it out. Den they blasted their siren and wen huli around the block to dee Pua Lane entrance.

Hmmm..wat if there was a major Fire at MWH? Aiyah!!! (Scratches my head) How come dey neba know about the Cattle Gates?

Well, let this be a Fire Drill for dem.

(Fire was extinguished already.)heheheh

Auntie PuPULe
    The Undacova Blogga
    Live from MWH!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; July 1, 2007, 02:35 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

July 2007....

I just wanted to wish everyone here...

Happy safe 4th of July!!.

HAPPY SAFE 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE HERE IN HT.COM

Aloha.

HUGS.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19590019/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19590019/

2007 Hawaii Fireworks Display:

HONOLULU -- If you want to catch a colorful display of pyrotechnics this for the Independence Day holiday there are several to choose from.

July 4
        Oahu:
        8 p.m. Kailua Beach Park
        8:15 p.m. Schofield Barracks
        8:30 p.m. Magic Island
        8:45 p.m. Pearl Harbor

Maui:

8 p.m. Lahaina Rotary Club

Kauai:

8:30 p.m. 18th annual Concert in the Sky celebration at Vidinha Stadium.
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I'm relaxing (okay, making camp) at the Ho'okipa terence at Ala Moana Center, and within the last 30 minutes or so, I've seen a lot of people walk by me.

I hope to see some HTers here, and Happy 4th of July!
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Pre-Independence Day Celebration July 3rd 2007 Aloha Tower Marketplace

video of stills (arrgh! couldn't focus in movie mode aarrggh!)
            "To do is to be" - Socrates
            "To be is to do" - Plato
            "Do-be-do-be-do" - Sinatra :

Comment

We bought fireworks for many years cuz the girls, when kids and their friends enjoyed them so much. Oh, we did too, as doing them with them and the laughter and supervision was priceless, but now that they are young adults, one married and moved out, we don't buy them anymore. the festivities haven't even started here yet, as everyone's out doing their own thing, and so we decided to fire up the barbe and have them over Friday, I believe it is.

I'm using this weeksplitter to uh...do nothing. I know, I know....it's shocking to just relax, talk long distance, brush the animals while listening to music and goofy tv, and I soon will actually use my large weight machine instead of just dusting it, and at least "touch" the eliptical, LOL and then some calisthenics, shower and know that someone's coming over this evening. However, I'm free to relax and not rush for anyone......sigh....feels good!

I hope each reader is doing it their way today, and is smiling, healthy, safe and blessed per the significance of this holiday.
              Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I read that fireworks permit sales were down, but it's shockingly (and oh so pleasantly) quiet here in Kaneohe. Pretty bizarre. At best, only 20% of past years fireworks going off.
                What's happening in your areas?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I watched the Ala Moana fireworks from the pool deck at Discovery Bay. WOWEE WOW WOW WOW! Up close and personal! Great view even if it was between the 2 Ilikai buildings. Young people at the Ilikai and the marina hooting and hollering with each explosion! The sidewalks along Ala Moana look like an ant farm! But, yes, quieter than normal and not much smoke. I have to head back to Waialae Iki now and will be interested to see if the lack of smoke holds true throughout Waikiki.

Comment

Shucks, if only my apartment was facing toward the ocean. But no, I get a lovely view of... Hotel Street.

Comment

• Re: Fireworks and July 4th!

I live Central Oahu and it was quieter tonight and the most amazing thing was that we didn't hear even one firework for the days leading up to today! This has never happened. Daylight today was the first we heard a thing, and then it was so much less today that we barely had to comfort our Aussie. He panted a little more, but nothing like in past years. Never was anything so loud that it made me jump almost, either.

Also, I saw only two areas that had illegal aerials, thank goodness. last NYEve there were so many that we kept looking different directions and ooohing and ahhing.
                      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I watched the Pearl Harbor fireworks from the deck of the Mighty Mo. Got to see the Hickam and Ala Moana fireworks in the distance.

I saw some illegals. But over all, things seem really quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty View Post
                          Shucks, if only my apartment was facing toward the ocean. But no, I get a lovely view of... Hotel Street.
                          heheheh...

Wuz up? Liberty? Belated Happy 21st Birthday!!!

As foa me and fireworks.

I was too full from eating all day...I slept like a babe.

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

For those who missed the fireworks at Ala Moana, I posted some pics at my website: http://pyehac.com/photography.
                            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                            X