This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Popcorn, hot dog and a cup of fruit punch at Dole Theater.

Comment

A whole mango~shame on me!
      Some tostitos scoops.
      Sparkling grape apple juice.

Comment

Chicken, gyoga and beer.

Comment

Made chicken and sausage pileau (also spelled purlo) of rice, chicken wings and portuguese sausage; a nice surprise to find how good local sausage tasted in this Low Country South Carolina special dish! Also had to have deviled eggs to eat during the game. What a GREAT team! Loved the Ha'a Dance! GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Sushi, Ham, potatoe salad, peas salad, tempura, coke.
            I was invited to a friends house so there goes my nutrition plan for today. There's always tomorrow...wait, same friend invited me for lunch. I will take my own lunch.

Comment

Deep-fried boneless chicken, shrimp tempura, breaded fish filets, sashimi, noodles with bean sprouts, roll-ups, nishime, garden salad greens with mushrooms, bleu cheese, papaya seed dressing, lilikoi chiffon pie, ice cream, cinnamon rolls. Non-alcoholic beverages. The food partially offset the UH-UGA results.

And, no, I didn't have to be called of the ledge. I don't bet on games and 12-1 is still a great season.

Comment

Kalbi ribs, cheese grits, blackeyed peas, yam chips. That's how we eat in the SOUTH ... um, south Oahu, I guess, lol!
                Last edited by skeeterbess; January 1, 2008, 09:19 PM.
                Bloggin my way to the big time

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/

Comment

dinner tonight was mostly leftovers from new year's eve dinner (cook is credited in parentheses for each dish):

prime rib roast (me), dungeness crab, collard greens with ham hock (eric), potatoes fondantes (me), honey-orange glazed carrots (me), brown rice (mom) and strawberry cheesecake pie (costco), all enjoyed with edna vineyard's 2005 cab sav.

all that food for only the four of us--mom, eric, mom's brother, and me. not that we're complaining, but we'll be eating leftovers until we fly out for home later this week.
                  Attached Files
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                    prime rib roast
                    Woman, dat picture was all it took foa me dis morning! I woke-up MAMA, treated her to breakfast at Zippy's Vineyard den headed to Safeway Pali. ha ha ha Bought a great Prime Roast foa $9.10 on sale. Was $15.89 just the odda day! (Last year)

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yep! Now I'm headed foa Tamashiro Market and going pick up some "Live" Blue Crabs.

Thanks foa a wonderful suggestion foa a menu on day 2!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      Woman, dat picture was all it took foa me dis morning! I woke-up MAMA, treated her to breakfast at Zippy's Vineyard den headed to Safeway Pali. ha ha ha Bought a great Prime Roast foa $9.10 on sale. Was $15.89 just the odda day! (Last year)

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yep! Now I'm headed foa Tamashiro Market and going pick up some "Live" Blue Crabs.

Auntie Lynn
                      *lol* auntie, the day i inspire you to do anything is a great day for me, indeed. if you're curious, the prime rib was rubbed with kosher salt (no mo hawaiian salt in portland), fresh ground pepper, and rosemary. my mom found the recipe for it and the potatoes fondantes (a jacques pepin recipe i had, coincidentally, seen on a rachael ray's holiday feast show) at the oregonian (portland newspaper) here.

here are close-ups of the prime rib, potatoes fondantes, and collard greens. i wish we had taken a pic of the roast, pre-carving. it was a gorgeous thing!
                      Attached Files
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                        *lol* auntie, the day i inspire you to do anything is a great day for me, indeed. if you're curious, the prime rib was rubbed with kosher salt (no mo hawaiian salt in portland), fresh ground pepper, and rosemary.
                        heheheh

You INSPIRED me!!

No kosher salt foa me. I use Niihau Salt.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

First, I rub the bugga down with butter. Den da Niihau Salt, fresh ground pepper, crushed garlic and my magic touch of Love and Aloha!

Cover it up and pour the pan with water 1/4.

Bake at 325 for 2-3 hours or wen you want it done.

Auntie Lynn

I forgot...I use 1 capsule of olive oil to pour on meat. Ok...2 capsules.heheheh
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; January 2, 2008, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Auntie Lynn
                          Siiiiiiiiiigh! You made me hopeful, so I made a run to Tamura, hoping they'd cut too many and had to mark them down. Nope, still over $30.00 for each of the three they had left. Hmmmm! Maybe I should go back early tomorrow and maybe I'll get lucky then!
                          Bloggin my way to the big time

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterbess View Post
                            Siiiiiiiiiigh! You made me hopeful, so I made a run to Tamura, hoping they'd cut too many and had to mark them down. Nope, still over $30.00 for each of the three they had left. Hmmmm! Maybe I should go back early tomorrow and maybe I'll get lucky then!
                            heheheh

I can imagine the traffic to Safeway Pali after I posted.

The prices should come down tomorrow.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Noodles, pineapple chicken, mushroom chicken, egg rolls and a bottle of water from Patti's Chinese Kitchen.

Comment

All Pau...mahalo.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X