What do you do with Vienna Sausage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you do with Vienna Sausage?

I have to admit that heating the vienna sausages in the microwave for 45 to 60 seconds for a group of 7 sausage does make it easier to eat.

Comment

Can you taste the difference between the chicken or pork?
      Libby's or Armour?

Comment

I've actually taken vienna sausages and hard boiled eggs and ran it thru my food processor until it turned into a paste. Came out tasting exactly like Pate! Spread it on a cracker and couldn't tell the difference.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Dad ate them straight from the can while fishing. I love vi-eenas like that; but I really want to try them Craig's way. That sounds great!

I never heard of cooking them; HTers continue to broaden my horizons.

Comment

one of my favorite comfort foods...i fry it with margarine and then eat it with plenty of ketchup (or sometimes without) and room temp rice and corn niblets straight from the can...

It's *Libby's* chicken/beef/pork combo..nothing comes close!!!

I will not buy any other brand!!!

Comment

What a great thread. Someone hit me up with some green chiclets.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I hate them straight outta the can--tastes like chunky deviled meat, which I guess is what it really is.

I looooove'em in omelets tho...with shoyu on my rice and ketchup all over the omelet. I don't like Sriracha with this omelet.
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Definitely Libby's - and they make a fine accompaniment to EASY-Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                    What a great thread. Someone hit me up with some green chiclets.
                    Sorry couldn't find any green ones by themselves but here ya go!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Waikiki Beach many years ago we rode the bus, about ten of us ages five to ten from Aala Park. Our parents would pay Aunty Rita to baby sit us. We swam next to the Wall on the right side. At noon she would call out "LUNCH!" We would come running and sit around while she busted out the Vienna Sausage Cans and 1 loaf of bread. It tasted ono den and it shua taste ono now wen eva I come out of the wata. Certain tings neva change foa me.

Deviled Ham is also a favorite of mine outta the can onto the bread I eat um just like dat. I'm simple and pua juss da way I like to be.

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

When I used to work for Kaimuki Typewriter, I would go to Thomas Square and bust out a can of Vienna Sausage and bread too and eat under the Banyan tree. That's all I could afford back then.

Comment

My friend make's his unique fried rice by tossing correctly cooked white rice into a big skillet with sausage water from the 2 small cans and any extra H2O needed. Add green onion, yellow onion, and hand crumbled sausages, stirring often/briskly, and when the rice starts seperating bust at least one egg over and stir a bunch to make the egg merely coat everything lightly. The more you stir the more everything seperates. Then pop it into the oven a @ med. heat to crisp it all up to taste, stirring/flipping occassinally.

This is THE ONLY way I'll consider eating VS.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Squeeze your 4 fingers with your palm up with your other hand and you have Vienna sausage when you open the can.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              Great disaster survival items such as Hurricane preparedness, otherwise those cans usually collect dust in my pantry or I end up giving it to the Food Bank.
                              I really don't remember when I brought my current stash of Libby's Vienna Sausage but it was during some older hurricane season. I have to admit based on taste Spam is better than Vienna Sausage. In defense of Vienna Sausage storing the cans don't take that much space and if you have to eat it out of the can due to an emergency you don't need any utensils, whereas the Spam you need at least a knife to cut it into slices unless you are okay with eating that loaf of Spam as one piece.

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                              Definitely Libby's - and they make a fine accompaniment to EASY-Mac.
                              The irony of it all is that my current stash is going to expire on Dec. 15, 2009. I was planning to open a cup of Easy Mac and then add today's can to that but it turns out all of the Easy Mac that I purchased in Summer or early Fall expired in October.

Comment

saute chopped garlic & onion; add sliced vienna sausage & cook til it's close to your level of done. add chopped tomatoes & douse w/patis. you may add scrambled eggs to this if you want & cook til eggs to your liking or you can just work w/the vienna sausage sans eggs. either way, pile upon rice (add ketchup, tabasco, shoyu, whatever) & be happy that your tummy will shortly be satisfied.

the tomato, onion, garlic & patis treatment is called sarciado, if i'm not mistaken.

i also do vienna sausage kim chee stir fry.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X