This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 4

Mango chutney with turkey on 7 grain bread, grilled. I brought my little jar of chutney from the Punahou Carnival all the way to NYC for school - makes me appreciate local food all the more!

Comment

Since the arrival of my grandchildren from Colorado, the only time I had a chance with MAMA to dine at a resturant like we "normally" do...was Mother's Day and that was with our OHANA. Ohhhh, the days of eating out.

I made beef ampatada (beef, tomato suace, green, red/green bell peppers, tomato simmered all together than I add frozen green peas) onolicious!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Chicken with mushroom sauce, fried rice, mac salad and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Finally, Pork Chops with fried rice and macaroni salad from Rocky's in Waipahu! ***** 5 stars!

Comment

I had leftover spam fried rice today (hey we all got our weaknesses ok) but excited because I just found out how easy it is to make whipped cream! no, not for that you sickos, it's for topping dessert treats I make for the neighbor keiki's

"8 servings"
            2 cups heavy cream (da real stuff!)
            1/4 cup sugar or to taste
            1 Tbsp vanilla extract

start whip the cream to slightly thickened, add sugar and flavorings till soft peaks form, badabing badabang top the dessert and say take that emeril in ya face hawaiian style!
            this space for rent

Comment

Had lunch at Nehelani today. Salad bar, Desserts and entrees all for $ 8.50. Includes iced tea or fruit punch (bottomless).

*** FOOD * Presentation Atmosphere *****

You get, what you pay or sumthing lil' dat!

Comment

I took my daughter-inlaw, MAMA and grandkids to Helena's Hawaiian Foods! It was ono, as always.

squid lu'au
                kalua pig
                lomi salmon
                lomi ahi w/opihi
                poi,
                salted beef with watercress
                pipikaula shortribs
                maui onion with hawaiian salt
                and of course haupia!

Comment

Had all the soup and salad I could eat at the Olive Garden. Going to miss this place. Warm breads, yummy tossed salad and ooooooh great potato soup!

Cnecki
                  Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak from Mahalo Hawaii BBQ.

Comment

Today: Blanched broccoli, spicy sausage, and rice w/ shoyu.
                      Yesterday: Karaage and rice at Izakaya Nonbei.
                      Thursday: Meatloaf and rice at some plate-lunch place on Merchant Street, right next to the Hawaiian Electric building.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Orange chicken and brown rice from California Wok.

Comment

Upon coming home and checking the threads, I had to smile when I saw this one up again...it is my favorite one.

I had a late lunch today...a bottle of whatchamacallit by IV in my right arm.

It's late. I'll see you all tomarrow. Life is short, smile and make someone happy every chance you get..........................

Love and Aloha
                          Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

Ribeye steak plate, small salad and water from Steak and Fish Factory at the Ala Moana Food Court.

Comment

Coconut potato, shrimp with sauce and grandpa's BBQ (at my boy's 15th b-day party) and tiki shasta punch to drink. Oh so good !
                              Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Leftover spaghetti--for me, anyways. For the keiki...PB&J.
                                ~'Ailina

Comment

Working...
                                X