This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 4

Loco Moco from L&L. I do wish some place would offer Loco Moco with really first-class beef.

Comment

Albert, I recommend two old time family resturants that serve good old fashion "Loco Mocos" , Uptown on School Street, across from MacDonald's and Janes Fountain on Liliha Street next to the original L&L.

L&L used to be owned by a local family. Sold out to Flores who had the brains and guts to make it into what it is today. Food not that great but his expertise in merchandising and promoting...gosh, I wish I had thought of the ideas first.

My lunch today: homemade cheeseburger on white bread w/mayo and ketchup. Iced tea, of course. S aving my stomach for SOB.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm in AZ now....no Local food anywhere! Had to eat a chicken sandwhich from McDonalds... yuck.
        So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Banana yogurt with granola. 'Ono for L&L BBQ chicken after all the L&L talk... At least we get TWO L&Ls now, one close enough to the Times Square subway station that I can stop there on my way home from work...

Comment

Chicken Adobo/Paprika style, can oil sardines w/ shoyu and chile pepper water, Iced tea. Oh, da rice. Neva had chance to pick up some poi.

Comment

Minute Chicken Cake Noodle (that's minute as in 60 seconds and not minute as in very small).
              Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Had lunch with family at Pagoda Floating Resturant. Surprisingly, the food was great! I especially enjoyed the shrimp and vegetable tempuras w/sauce, baked mahimahi with newberg sauce, garlic chicken, their salad bar and of course their desserts. Haupia cake, chocolate ice cream w/ syrup and peanuts. Iced tea.

(3 out of five winks)

Comment

Char siu stewed noodle from Mini Garden at 99 Ranch Market in Mapunapuna. I still think they make it better at their Chinatown location.

Comment

I'm not a burger guy but someone told me to try the teri burger and fries combo at Spot's across from HCC. That was a damn good burger if I must say so.

Comment

I tried the Roast Turkey Plate with stuffing at The New Diners in Kalihi.

*****stars! It's not pressed turkey. I am impressed with the serving amount, presentation but most especially their wholesome homestyle cooking. Served on Wed. & Fri. Their resturant is now open too.

Comment

First of all, Happy Birthday AbsoluteChaos!

Today, I got take out from "Leong's Hawaiian Foods" on N. King Street.

Tripe stew, na'au, lomi ahi, kalua pig, chopped steak, and salt beef with watercress soup. My opu is expanding beyond help. I look and accept my physical shape without regrets!

*****stars

Everybody have a great day. Tomarrow's Aloha Friday.
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; April 28, 2005, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                          I tried the Roast Turkey Plate with stuffing at The New Diners in Kalihi.

*****stars! It's not pressed turkey. I am impressed with the serving amount, presentation but most especially their wholesome homestyle cooking. Served on Wed. & Fri. Their resturant is now open too.
                          Thanks for the report! I heard that they were doing some good food and your opinion seals the deal - I must go try it.

Lunch for us was a trip to Costco which usually means hot dogs but today I just had a slice of the pepperoni pizza and dh had chicken bake - use that pizza dough and left over chicken up - nothing goes to waste.

Comment

I just received a box of See's Candies from an ipu who lived in Honolulu..gonna share these sweets with my co-workers today. See's Candies are not available here on the East Coast, so all of my co-workers will sample See's for the first time. Just to let you know, I'm saving the dark chocolate caromarsh for me!

Comment

LOVE See's! Don't have a store here either so if I'm anywhere where they have a See's store I'll stock up. Recently in LV, so stocked up on my favorites. Also, you can get it at the airport there for a last-minute pickup. Going to Portland, OR next month so guess what...stock up again! They do have a website...www.seescandies.com - so you don't have to do without. But it is nice to recieve a care package from home! I'm waiting for my aunt to send me my Coral Tuna and Big Island Cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by btwnc2c
                                I'm waiting for my aunt to send me my Coral Tuna and Big Island Cookies.
                                Mea ono kuki from Hawai'i..oh how I miss Popo's Chocolate Chips cookies from Kapa'a and Donna's of Big Island Waimea (any variety)!!! Winnaz all!

Comment

Working...
                                X