Walgreens in Hawaii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Walgreens in Hawaii?

All we need to make this thread that much more entertaining/interesting is for someone to join and post here as "LORDofLONG'S".

(and if someone ever does, that ain't me!)
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by GiftedThunder View Post
      First off, everything I posted was pure opinion, as was everything else that everyone else posted, I did not offer any supportive evidence because it was an opinion. If you read my previous post, I said that they will offer better pay because that would likely be the only incentive to get people to work at Walgreens if they were already employed at Longs since this was the same way it happened in my home town with the drugstores that were here before. Pharmacists and Pharmacy Techs are hard to come by, especially trained and in a small state such as Hawaii. Nowhere in my posts did I "fail" to mention Walgreens is or was my employer because this website is not the "public" but a general message forum, where anyone can voice their opinion on anything (Which I guess includes guesses at people's personal lives as well) and if you read my last post, I said it's where I choose to shop, not where I work.
      All of that is your opinion. Great.

Your opinion doesn't mean a damn thing to me. It means even less when you add in the fact that you work for Walgreens.

You're running your mouth on topics you can only guess about, in a location you know absolutely nothing about.

If it walks like a Troll and talks like Troll...

Comment

Originally posted by GiftedThunder View Post
        Do you have rules?Sure. No make huhu. That is to say, the standard guidelines of online communities apply.

There are three key considerations. First, no posting obscene, illegal, inflammatory or libelous content. Second, all outside announcements and promotional material (be it for a business, non-profit community group, or private project) should be relevant to Hawaii and limited to the "Hale Ku`ai" (Marketplace) section. Finally, no personal attacks: discuss, debate, and dissect ideas, not each other.
        Gee - sorry, "admin."

Yo, GT - let's get you involved in some other threads, some that don't pertain to your employer. What do you say?
        Last edited by Leo Lakio; July 9, 2007, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I wonder if people not living here have any idea how much a part of the daily culture Longs is. I was discussing the impending Walgreens invasion with friends at the park yesterday, and one of the things that kept coming up was how loyal Hawaii people are. I think there are feelings of loyalty for stores like Longs, and I think it's a little weird, but I like it, too.

It's true that convenience and pricing are huge. The first Costco here wasn't at all convenient, and neither was the first Costco on the Big Island; yet people made them part of their weekly routines.

Still, loyalty goes a long way around here, and I think certain habits we consumers have are not often easily given up.

It's an interesting situation, and I'm eager to see how it plays out.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Gee - sorry, "admin."

Yo, GT - let's get you involved in some other threads, some that don't pertain to your employer. What do you say?
            Good idea! How about the "Favorite Lunch Wagon" thread? Or "Favorite Okazuya" thread?

After all, surely those places are supplied by stuff bought at the local Long's!
            Last edited by Pomai; July 9, 2007, 06:35 PM.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              All we need to make this thread that much more entertaining/interesting is for someone to join and post here as "LORDofLONG'S".

(and if someone ever does, that ain't me!)
              I wuz wondering wat dis thread wuz about.

Did someone call?

I'm here.

Lord of Longs!!!

Wat?! I shop dea 3-4 times a week!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Pupule
              (made ya laugh)
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                I wuz wondering wat dis thread wuz about.

Did someone call?

I'm here.

Lord of Longs!!!

Wat?! I shop dea 3-4 times a week!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Pupule
                (made ya laugh)
                Auntie, fo' qualify as "Lord of Long's", you gotta' work there. Not just shop.

'Dat way you get "teet" fo' bite wit'. lol
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  [...]I'm here.

Lord of Longs!!![...]
                  Nah, Auntie...you...
                  Lady of Longs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Nah, Auntie...you...
                    Lady of Longs!!!
                    Actually, I believe she's the Lady of Longanisa - but that's another story...

Comment

Auntie, fo' qualify as "Lord of Long's", you gotta' work there. Not just shop.

'Dat way you get "teet" fo' bite wit'. lol
                      So sorry..neba read dat good.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      Actually, I believe she's the Lady of Longanisa - but that's another story...
                      No ack Leo Lakio!!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Nah, Auntie...you...
                      Lady of Longs!!!
                      K-den...I'll be Lady of Longs

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Auntie, (...) 'Dat way you get "teet" fo' bite wit'. lol
                        Eh, mebbe start one other thread like for Diane Ako, but we call da new thread "Auntie Lynn's Big Teet"?!? ... ...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          Eh, mebbe start one other thread like for Diane Ako, but we call da new thread "Auntie Lynn's Big Teet"?!?
                          um, maybe that one we better spell all the way out so nobody gets confused: TeetH
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

When I was living in SFO, there was a Walgreens in my neighborhood so I naturally shopped there. One day when I was visiting a friend in the East Bay, she went to a Long's (in Walnut Creek). I was so excited to find a Long's that I almost had an accident! But, since I lived in the City, I went back to shopping at Walgreen's. They were ok price wise & service wise. But they sure weren't Long's!!

For convenience sake, I will continue to shop at Long's. The downtown store delivers my prescriptions & has made changes over the phone to get my refill from another place moved to Long's. No hassles ever. I like their prices and the service. But - with the downtown store, you gotta watch which day you shop and what time you go Local folks know what I'm talking about.
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                              um, maybe that one we better spell all the way out so nobody gets confused: TeetH
                              Well, of course that's what I meant!

... ...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                                Well, of course that's what I meant!
                                Either way it's WRONG!

I got a Big NOSE!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Eh? Wat is Walgreens anyways?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X