Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Novel Writing Month

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Say, What if I were to start Friday? 11/3?
    I don't think it's a problem, I think the NaNoWriMo site is still taking new users. The main goal is to finish 50,000 before the end of the month. It all depends on how much free time you have.

Comment

Probably no free time here, but I was quite envious of those of you who were active with this last year. I write thousands of words a week. Maybe I can weave them into the Perfect Storm of Aquaculture. Or maybe I'll write about life with an office demon. Most of you have office mates. sigh.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Sign-ups at Nanowrimo.org are taken until, I think, November 21 or something like that, with this note in parentheses: Hope springs eternal. November 3 would be no problem at all.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Yikes. Family reunion eclipsed Kick-Off, so I'm jumping in 3 days late and 6,000 words behind!!!

Burning the midnight oil tonight, lots of coffee, and squeezing proverbial blood from a rock!!!

Getting the 'okole in gear...
          ~'Ailina

Comment

I'm way too late to begin writing for this year's deadline. So I thought I'd have fun designing concept art for a hypothetical book cover of what I'd like to try...

That's my perception of what "Mr. Coin" would look like (imagine his face animated in dialog). Funny how one of those Sopranos look like Gov. Lingle. lol

The story would be loosely based on The Never Ending Story thread started here a while ago.

Next year for sure!
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

The 2006 NaNoWriMo "Thank Goodness It's Over" meetup will be at the Times Coffee Shop in Kaneohe this evening. I'm not sure how many winners we'll have (looks like it was a tough year), but we always have a great gathering!

Comment

Attempted to sign up to the NaNoWriMo site and it's really slow to load the web page.

Just another 3 to 4 weeks to go and I haven't decided what to write yet.

Comment

What do you do with what you write for NaNoWriMo? Do you write just for you, to share with friends, to produce something for publication, or something else?

Comment

boy, I though this would be a Loooooooooooooooong read!

neat idea, I wish I had the determination to write a novel.
                    flickr

An email from God:
                    To: People of Earth
                    Date: 9/04/2007
                    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                      What do you do with what you write for NaNoWriMo? Do you write just for you, to share with friends, to produce something for publication, or something else?
                      That's up to you. You can keep it to yourself, post it on the web, find a publisher or send it as Chirstmas presents to friends.

Comment

I'm considering trying it this year but probably very few people would ever see it *g*

Comment

In about 2 weeks NaNoWriMo is going to start. The web site is active and is taking new users to sign up.

Comment

NaNoWriMo 2009 will start in 5 days and will run for entire month of November, to crank out a 50,000 word no make sense novel.

Comment

I'm down for another year. My novel this year is aimed at young adults (that is, teens and precocious tweens) and is about a twelfth-grader who spends thirty days in a youth counseling shelter. It's tentatively called Thirty Days in the Monkey House and will be posted as I write it here. Comments, reactions, criticisms, and suggestions are most welcome.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm kind of behind in my novel.

Comment

Working...
                                X