View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: What do you do with Vienna Sausage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen View Post
The irony of it all is that my current stash is going to expire on Dec. 15, 2009. I was planning to open a cup of Easy Mac and then add today's can to that but it turns out all of the Easy Mac that I purchased in Summer or early Fall expired in October.
No worries, helen. Eat up! I rarely pay attention to expiration dates; I pay attention to my nose. If it is rancid or bad, you will know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
saute chopped garlic & onion; add sliced vienna sausage & cook til it's close to your level of done. add chopped tomatoes & douse w/patis. you may add scrambled eggs to this if you want & cook til eggs to your liking or you can just work w/the vienna sausage sans eggs. either way, pile upon rice (add ketchup, tabasco, shoyu, whatever) & be happy that your tummy will shortly be satisfied.

the tomato, onion, garlic & patis treatment is called sarciado, if i'm not mistaken.

i also do vienna sausage kim chee stir fry.
sounds good! I have never tried cooking with viennas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Alani View Post
We used to stuff the vienna sausage into those round kamaboko with the hole in the middle, slice it up and eat it as pupu. Ono you know!
I need to find that kamaboko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoruru View Post
I think Vienna Sausage is perfect as emergency food. Always keep a bunch of cans handy. When I do eat them, I usually just add shoyu and sugar (or Mirin). I also like them sliced in scrambled eggs, served over rice, with shoyu.

Yum! Sorry, TG, I am a great fan of canned meats. The only one I don't like is corned beef. (Oh, and low-sodium Spam and viennas, and the turkey version; another thread altogether.)