KFC's Grilled Chicken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KFC's Grilled Chicken

I dunno but new and revolutionary but saw the ads on TV sooooo I just happen to walk past a KFC location in SF and was lunchtime and was starvin a marvin soooooo I waltzed in for their newest.......

GRILLED CHICKEN!

They offered a meal deal and did not wanna spend too much $$$ so I dived in.

WELL, it was ummmm ok but the Grilled Chicken reminded me of HULI HULI Chicken. Fo Real, minus the excess grease and the brown paper bag.

Re: Anyone tried out KFC's Newest Creation?

I had the same reaction too. The taste was OK, nice for a little variety, but it wasn't great. Perhaps the main appeal is a healthy choice thing?
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Re: Anyone tried out KFC's Newest Creation?

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
      Perhaps the main appeal is a healthy choice thing?

Yup, chicken is good but the SKIN on their regular offerings is well the excess calories and fat are but then again isnt that the best part having a piece of chicken at KFC?

Comment

Re: KFC's Grilled Chicken

I had some this week. The Grilled Chicken sells at a lower price such that when I ordered a 3 piece combo meal, they gave me a 4th piece.

Not as a messy to eat like the original where oil comes out when you break the skin.

Will try it again the next time I head over to KFC.

Comment

The chicken skin was a little saltly. But, the skin has a high fat content, so I try not to eat that part. Cooked chicken sold at markets are salted anyway.

Comment

I don't think I have had a better bird then the church lot Huli grill on the north shore...

Was going to try the grilled KFC today actually, but opted for the Peruvian Charcoal Chicken w/ yuca and rice.
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
              Was going to try the grilled KFC today actually, but opted for the Peruvian Charcoal Chicken w/ yuca and rice.
              Peruvian Charcoal Chicken? Where is this at?

Comment

All over in the burbs of DC. I like Supper pollo off Randolf in Arlington, and Wild Chicken off rt50 in fairfax.
                flickr

An email from God:
                To: People of Earth
                Date: 9/04/2007
                Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post
                  ...the Grilled Chicken reminded me of HULI HULI Chicken. Fo Real, minus the excess grease and the brown paper bag.
                  And minus the delicious smoke that draws you off the road, into the church lot, where you get to talk story while you wait for your freshly-grilled meal!

Comment

KFC Grilled Chicken is free tomorrow, Monday, April 27.
                    kgmb.com
                    www.unthinkfc.com

Comment

I'm midway through my first try. Call me a fan. Yeah, it's not as good as the rotisserie chicken you get in a few places around town, and it doesn't even approach any of the huli-huli you get on weekends, but it's fast food. It's good for what it is.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Parade Magazine's still in the new tabloid version of the S-B, yeah? There's a coupon in there today, for a free piece of KGC.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Parade Magazine's still in the new tabloid version of the S-B, yeah? There's a coupon in there today, for a free piece of KGC.
                          YUM!
                          Less trans-fats (or whatever they are).
                          Grilled mo' better than fried!
                          Hope I can grab-em before mi esposa.... o mi niño....
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

For those of you in California, Las Vegas and Arizona....El Pollo Loco is countering KFC's deal with a FREE 2 Pc. meal at it's locations on Tuesday April 28th.

http://www.elpolloloco.com/whatsnew/tastethefire.html

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                              KFC Grilled Chicken is free tomorrow, Monday, April 27.
                              kgmb.com
                              www.unthinkfc.com

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Thanks, Honoruru & Leo Lakio!

I saw the TV commercial last night about the free sample of Kentucky "Grilled" Chicken being offered today (Mon 4/27). Apparently you can just go to any KFC restaurant and ask for the free piece, no coupon and no other purchase necessary.

Thanks to LL, I also found the Parade coupon in a copy of the Star-Bulletin that someone had discarded. Good news, the coupon is also NPN (No Purchase Necessary)! In fact, the coupon's even better, because it's valid until May 17.

I bet that all KFC's will be totally swamped today, so I'll probably wait a couple of days... and then take the coupon to get my sample. Hopefully it won't be so busy then.
                              To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Working...
                              X