Black Friday 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Friday 2008

According to the news the temp Walmart employee who was trampled to death on Friday was 6'5", 270 lbs. It's incredible more people weren't killed.

Comment

I read online somewhere that even after the store made an annoucement about the employee's death and they were closing the store, people were griping that they had been standing in line all night- and then still continued to shop.

What- did they really think the store was going to let them make their purchases, just so they could get that 52" plasma on sale? Ugh. This really makes me sick.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Watch these people trample each other in the mad rush to get in. So disgusting.

The sad and disturbing part is we're all like this, giving the right situation.
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Gotta hold onto your wig when blue-light midnight shopping at them high class stores!
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
            Watch these people trample each other in the mad rush to get in. So disgusting.
            The sad and disturbing part is we're all like this, giving the right situation.
            I am confident that I'd not trample someone during a shopping spree, but I must admit that the thought has crossed my mind that anyone between me and the emergency exit in a burning plane had best move quickly to get out the door too, or get out of the way.
            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Oh yes you would...

Originally posted by Amati View Post
              I am confident that I'd not trample someone during a shopping spree
              It's called - trample or be trampled.

Comment

The only time I stood in line for Black Friday deals was at CompUSA. Before the doors opened, the employees went down the line and asked which customers were their for their hottest limited quantity deal and handed out coupons. No need to run in to be first. In fact I walked around to the other deals and went to that one last since I already had dibbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                  Yep. Imagine if Hawaii became a state. OMG.

Aw, c'mon --- that could never happen! It would take something drastic, like an overthrow of government or something insane li'dat. Then Hawai`i would be ruined, don'cha think?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    Gotta hold onto your wig when blue-light midnight shopping at them high class stores!
                    I have to admit, I laughed a bit when I saw her wig fall off. She's the same woman who gets carted away at the end.
                    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                    "
                    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

I had the Christmas ditty 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer' running in my head when I saw that.

Comment

Working...
                      X