No announcement yet.

Foods You Don't Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Q - What does the word scone mean?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    A - BAD DONUT

While we're on the subject of donuts, what is, or was the big deal a few years back when Crisy Creme was opening stores in Hawaii? Everybody was all aflutter about this supposed incredibly great new donut coming to the islands.
    I've yet to see any evidence than these donuts are merely some of the most ordinary, bordering on bland donuts ever made.
    Compared to the Winchell's Donuts I grew up with, even the plain cake donut they served was infinitely better than the overly vaunted Crispy Creme, especially if they aren't eaten very fresh.
    You could let any Winchell's donut sit for day's and it was still great.

Maybe it was just that Hawaii hadn't seen a REAL donut in a long time.
    Danny Dunn would make for a great donut company or was it Homer Price
    Last edited by craigwatanabe; September 10, 2009, 04:08 PM.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

• Re: Foods You Don't Like

I don't like sticky rice.

Comment

• Must be from Venus

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
        What planet are you from?
        All those sweets would melt quick on any planet close to the sun. Probably favors his meats papa'a.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: Foods You Don't Like - Bitter Melon

I used to loooooove all of them growing up. Now it's not that I think they're gross or anything...I would just much rather eat something else or nothing at all. I think I kind of conditioned myself to consider the calories behind these foods and weigh something sweet vs something I love (meat and cheese kind of things). I'll go for a day old slice of pepperoni pizza every time over the most scrumptious piece of cake you can imagine.
          What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Responding to this post by StinkyTheGrump:

Also forgot to mention that I don't like any sweets at all which I suppose is pretty odd. Chocolates, candies, cakes, cookies, ice cream...don't care for any of them
            My best bet is he's from Mars, and you're from Venus.

Was watching Food Network this weekend, when Sandra Lee brought up one of her childhood favorites: S'MORES. BLECK! Cough. Cough.

The combination of Marshmallows and Chocolate for me is a NO-NO. Which also makes ROCKY ROAD ICE CREAM on my LEAST FAVORITE Ice Cream flavor list. PASS.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by StinkyTheGrump View Post
              I used to loooooove all of them growing up. ... I think I kind of conditioned myself to consider the calories behind these foods and weigh something sweet vs something I love (meat and cheese kind of things). I'll go for a day old slice of pepperoni pizza every time over the most scrumptious piece of cake you can imagine.
              Wow!, I completely agree, and I couldn't have expressed it better. I like white chocolate truffles, for example, but I'd rather eat more real food that I love, and pass on the dessert foods that I don't really care for so much.
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                The combination of Marshmallows and Chocolate for me is a NO-NO. Which also makes ROCKY ROAD ICE CREAM on my LEAST FAVORITE Ice Cream flavor list. PASS.
                OOOOO! Send it all my way...love love love that combo. My father-in-law and I used to enjoy all those marshmallow eggs with chocolate coating at Easter and the santas at Christmas. Now I eat a couple in his honor every year.

Now, back to the topic at hand...I do not like veal. One of the very few things I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                  Danny Dunn would make for a great donut company or was it Homer Price
                  It was Homer Price, Scholastic Books, thanks for the memory Craig!
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

BEETS. I couldn't stand to have the juice "contaminate" my rice and everything else on the plate at family restaurants like FLAMINGO, COLUMBIA INN, and LIKELIKE. So I learned to ask what the vegetable was before ordering..

Comment

my least favorite food's.one is pea's and the other is brussell sprout's and the other is corn from the can and fresh corn,it make's me feel not so good.i dislike green bean's only if it's cooked in tempura batter with carrot's,that's the only way i'll eat it and wasabi on sushi it's not so good. those are my least favorite food's.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                        Now, back to the topic at hand...I do not like veal. One of the very few things I don't like.
                        One of the best restaurant meals I've had this year was the Wisconsin Veal Chop at Le Bistro in Niu Valley. Even my three fellow dining companions thought it was the best entree of the night!

I'm feeling a little bit like the odd man out on this thread, because I keep reading the posts and thinking: "hmmm... i eat this... and i eat that... and that... and that..."

Finally thought of something I don't particularly like: the japanese pickled vegetable known as takuan. Nobody can ever accuse me of takuan fut because I don't eat the stuff.
                        To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

Originally posted by musubi View Post
                          Finally thought of something I don't particularly like: the japanese pickled vegetable known as takuan.
                          But takuan goes so well with Musubi!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            A - BAD DONUT

While we're on the subject of donuts, what is, or was the big deal a few years back when Crisy Creme was opening stores in Hawaii? Everybody was all aflutter about this supposed incredibly great new donut coming to the islands.
                            I've yet to see any evidence than these donuts are merely some of the most ordinary, bordering on bland donuts ever made.
                            Compared to the Winchell's Donuts I grew up with, even the plain cake donut they served was infinitely better than the overly vaunted Crispy Creme, especially if they aren't eaten very fresh.
                            You could let any Winchell's donut sit for day's and it was still great.

Maybe it was just that Hawaii hadn't seen a REAL donut in a long time.
                            No, it's not just Hawaii. They opened Krusty Kreme down here like ten years ago and everyone when all nuts over them. Why? They taste like $%^! Give me a Dunkin Donut any day of the week. Krusty Kreme donuts come in glaze (I've heard rumors of chocolate, but have yet to see one), and they sort of sink into themselves if left sitting for more than an hour. Plus they're too sweet and leave a sugary residue on everything.

People around here finally wised up, because Dunkin Donuts is back. I've seen four since we moved back. There used to be two in the whole city! Up North, they are on every corner! Why? Because Yankees know the goodness of a Boston Creme!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

And what's really cool, is while recently cruising my old stomping grounds of Maywood + (S/E LA) on the neat google satellite, my lil old Winchell's Donut shop was still there! Big maple bars, super glazed donuts covered thick with coconut, and raspberry filled sugar bombs (like malasadas only WAY better) were breakfast half the time. You can blame them for what I am today
                              Thank you Winchell's!
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I'm not a fan of Christmas fruitcakes or Candy Canes.

Comment

Working...
                                X