• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Homemade noodles!

Boiled chinese rice noodle
    Arabiki Sausage
    Chinese Parsely

Soup base made with mushroom vegetable seasoning, seasame oil, salt, sugar, soy sauce, and water.

Pretty good and really simple!
    Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

Hot dogs, tornados and a cup of Diet Coke from Sam's Club.

Comment

MAMA is not feeling well. Her favorite food is Japanese Cuisine. So I asked my friends on Twitter.com earlier today. Scrivener suggested Ideta. Located in Kalihi by Kapalama Canal. My heart of town.

What a delight to go again. The place is clean and the menu ~ so much to choose from. Prices are reasonable to the extreme. There's a sushi bar too. Our waitress, Cathy was friendly.

I wish I could say the same for the Hostess.

We ordered Pork Tofu, Fried Oysters, Ahi Sashimi and Shrimp Tempura.

Anyways, da Food ~ EXCELLENT!

Auntie Lynn
        Attached Files
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Cajun pizza from California Pizza Kitchen and water. Dessert was a hot fudge brownie sundae.

Comment

last night: whole wheat pasta with a vegetable and chicken sauce. pan fried the chicken in olive oil and garlic. then cut it into bite size pieces. sauted zucchini, onions, and bell peppers. added diced tomatoes and this spaghetti spice mix from sam's club. simmered it for app. 15 min. then topped it with parsely. yum. tonight it's momomo. hope they have the hamachi collar.
            "chaos reigns within.
            reflect, repent and reboot.
            order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
              last night: whole wheat pasta with a vegetable and chicken sauce. pan fried the chicken in olive oil and garlic. then cut it into bite size pieces. sauted zucchini, onions, and bell peppers. added diced tomatoes and this spaghetti spice mix from sam's club. simmered it for app. 15 min. then topped it with parsely. yum. tonight it's momomo. hope they have the hamachi collar.
              Next time when you pan fry using olive oil add some basalmic vinegar to really bring out the seared flavor of chicken. Chicken and basalmic vinegar cooked together bring out this incredable marriage of flavor. The result is like your taste buds having an orgasm
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                Next time when you pan fry using olive oil add some basalmic vinegar to really bring out the seared flavor of chicken. Chicken and basalmic vinegar cooked together bring out this incredable marriage of flavor. The result is like your taste buds having an orgasm

oh, oh! what will the neighbors think? ah, who cares. yes. i never thought of that. you can do wonders with balsamic vinegar. balsamic vinegar and sugar brought to a slow boil then drizzled on strawberries. can add vanilla ice cream. sorry, off thread.
                "chaos reigns within.
                order shall return."

Comment

Tonight was Mexican Food! And what an EXCELLENT Find!

Right in the heart of Kalihi! On School Street across from Helena's Hawaiian Foods. The old Ayala's. I forgot to get the name of the place....I was too excited...nah, I was hungry. Den afta I was too full.

Complimentary Tortilla Chips with Salsa. We ordered Guacamole and the sizzling Mushroom with Montery Jack Cheese.

MAMA ordered a floured tortilla with everything in it. It was HUGE. I ordered the Chile Verde Plate. It gave me amnesia. ha ha ha

Tall Glasses of Iced Tea and the sweet sounds of a Mexican Man who sang.

Cha Cha Cha.

Auntie Lynn
                  Attached Files
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

last night at momomo: grilled hamachi collar, spicy ramen, warm tofu, gyoza, chicken teriyaki and beef shabu shabu in cooked in soy milk(not that great) and rice. no sushi or raw oysters available. the chef went back to japan.
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    order shall return."

Comment

wild rice tabouleh (salad) and edamame imitation guacamole (i think it should be called edamame hummus, but spinach is also added). both recipes are taking from, "a dash of aloha, healthy hawai'i cuisine and lifestyle" recipe book.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      order shall return."

Comment

Making Beef Stew for tonight.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

last night: chicken taco salad (without the taco part just the flavor), homemade guacamole and salsa.
                          "chaos reigns within.
                          order shall return."

Comment

Tonight - the Outlaws from Kane`ohe are in town, along with another O`ahu guest, so we're having a kanikapila - and laulau.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              Tonight was Mexican Food! And what an EXCELLENT Find!

Right in the heart of Kalihi! On School Street across from Helena's Hawaiian Foods. The old Ayala's. I forgot to get the name of the place....
                              isn't that place simply called...mexico restaurant?

dinner last night came via a waikiki adventure. eric, our friend sam and i went to rumfire at the sheraton to enjoy the crab cakes with lemon verbena mojito shooter, meyer lemon tarragon aioli, the hoisin bbq sauce & mango chimichurri ribs, tobacco maui onion rings, and mahi tacos with asian guacamole, ginger-mango relish, shaved won bok slaw. we ordered three of their specialties: ginger essence white sangria (YUM!), sunset-tini (good), and the fire tea (boring). it's in the old esprit nightclub site, so it's a great place to bring a date, what with the ocean view & friendly, if not completely smooth, service and atmosphere. we all agreed it's a thirty-something version of the W.

we then went to tsunami's waikiki on kuhio for guiness (sam & eric). i normally order stoli preses but absolut was on special so i got my pres with absolut instead ( i also prefer ginger ale, not 7up, in my preses). we hoped the pizza guy would be in when we got there but no dice--their one pizza guy wasn't there. bummer--they have the best pizza in waiks. but they were playing a lot of 90s alt-rock so that was fine.

then we wandered onto kuhio, peeking into lotus sound bar, scruples, and mad dog. we eventually sauntered into kelly o'neill's for more guiness and great live music.

finally, we stumbled out of KON & each grabbed a garlic sauced hot dog from the stand in front of moose's (ah, memories of drunken hot dog eating from back when i used to be a friday regular at moose's!). we ate them while traipsing the makai side of lewers. there was a line of college kids waiting to get into senor frog's, which we found amusing (we never were the "wait in line to get into a club" kind of peeps). eric thinks the glass structures overhead look like dotted toilet paper. *shrug* of course we miss house of hong (karaoke, derriere-grabbing) and the cellar (great music, steamy dance floor, the dolla bills on the ceiling). but we might check out yard house sometime.

hmm. i guess our dinner last night was half liquid.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

cyn: sounds like you had a great time! THE CELLAR!!! wow! showing my age now.

anyway, tonight's dinner: chop steak. yum!
                                "chaos reigns within.
                                order shall return."

Comment

Working...
                                X