Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are Your Goals for 2007 ?

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
    Oh my. I'm not blaming you one bit. My husband would be jealous of the amount of property you could get for that price, wow.
    If he gets the job 2007 will have a new set of goals for us! Crazy how one week can change your life.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by kumukulanui View Post
      The older I get, the higher up my list, "Still be alive at the end of it" gets...

I'll settle for mostly healthy and still capable of laughing at British university bureaucracy.

Peter
      I know it's silly to reply to your own messages, but I just thought of another couple:

* To be in a relationship (again!)

* To do more research and less admin

* To do more scuba diving

* To lose some weight (sigh!)

* Spend some quality time in Hawai'i

* To be happier and less bothered by little things

Peter F
      Cheltenham, England

Comment

My goals are kinda simple: continue what I'm doing (so far, nothing's gone bad in every aspect), and not throw up. I've thrown up 3 times in 2006--0 times in the previous 11 years.
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post

3. get an earlier start on my christmas lights. i may just post pictures when i'm done.
          Woo woo, it's been a busy few weeks but I thought I'd share my first year attempt at putting up lights :-D

I've got a few ideas about next year. Well, lets hope I finish earlier next year. This year people were laughing at me because I actually didn't really finish the lights till the Friday before Christmas... It's the thought that counts right?

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
            Crazy how one week can change your life.
            Haha! No kiddin! We made the decision to move to Hawaii in less than 8 hours and were here 3 weeks later. It seems like there's always a new job my husband has to apply for and if they throw enough money at him, he just might take it. Every week it's somewhere new - Tampa, Germany (usually one of those two), Cincinatti, Colorado Springs...the list goes on and on.

Well, my goals for 2007:

-Get my husband focused on passing his CCIE (well, at least the written). I ain't buyin' these books cuz they make good door stops. AND get him to stop looking for another job til he's finished with both tests.
            -Find a job I like.
            -Lose 40lbs. (I did manage to lose what I've gained since moving here - 18lbs yay!) Well, to be honest, if I lost half that, I'd be a happy camper, and it's more realistic. 40lbs may be a little too Nicole Richie for me.
            -Attend an HT function!
            -Go diving at least twice (we didn't go at all this year omg)
            -Learn how to golf (properly)
            Last edited by Kelly0040; December 28, 2006, 09:16 AM.

Comment

2007 goals.... to make a new life for myself in Hawai'i.

Find a job...

Make new friends...

Live with the spirit of aloha...

Take one thing at a time....

Hope to be in a solid relationship.....
              Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
              Mark Twain

Comment

addition to my list.

Get rid of all my extra STUFF...I'm moving right now and it's unbelieveable how much STUFF I have....it's coming out of every nook and cranny of the damn house...What's it all for ?

I want to massively MINIMIZE in 2007.
                http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                  addition to my list.

Get rid of all my extra STUFF...I'm moving right now and it's unbelieveable how much STUFF I have....it's coming out of every nook and cranny of the damn house...What's it all for ?

I want to massively MINIMIZE in 2007.
                  When we moved here we got rid of huge amounts of crappola.

I SWORE we would never fall into that trap again.

Nearly seven years later I am looking at closets full of, yes, huge amounts of crappola.

And just what is it with the enormous number of telephone books that are left at my door on what seems to be a weekly basis? And why do I feel the need to keep every one of them until the new editions come out? (Okay, often beyond when the new editions come out.)

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                    And just what is it with the enormous number of telephone books that are left at my door on what seems to be a weekly basis? And why do I feel the need to keep every one of them until the new editions come out? (Okay, often beyond when the new editions come out.)
                    They make nice monitor stands

Shameful waste of paper though... I bet it costs extra money to not have them delivered (since they have ads in them). We've got a huge stack at home and they just go straight in the recycling most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                      [...] I want to massively MINIMIZE in 2007.
                      Then buy a Makaha Surfside unit and move into it! That way you can still stuff it to the max but will have much less cubic feet to do so!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        Then buy a Makaha Surfside unit and move into it! That way you can still stuff it to the max but will have much less cubic feet to do so!
                        The commute would be a bitch, Sue. But to be honest, the temptation is there. I could dump the Kailua ranch house at a huge profit, pay cash for the Makaha place, and get rid of a lot of opala in the bargain.

Where the heck do I park the grandkids when they come, though??

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                          NEW GOAL! Apparently and hopefully to move to Vermont!
                          That would be my dream goal.

Sticking with the realistic:
                          1) Some nookie. (always makes #1 on the list)
                          2) Finally see (and nicely photo) an 'akepa. Beginning to think that bird is fictional
                          3) Some sort of epic multi-day exploring trek on the saddle or on Mauna Loa.
                          4) Some sort of epic multi-day exploring trek in Northern Minnesota.
                          5) Stuff my mutual funds with $$$.

Comment

just to become more successful every day of my life
                            'Alika

Comment

My Goals for 2007 are:

1) Apply for classes for college (Medical coding)
                              2) Find me a new job
                              3) Attend a HT gathering
                              4) Hopefully, meet akrauth in person
                              5) get Kawaipunahele as my ringtone soon on my Motorola Razor cell phone
                              6) start e-mailing people that I meet on HT
                              7) get my license so that I can drive, I have my permit
                              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Oh yeah, 4 and 5 on achow's list are on mine too! I wanna meet achow and get "Kawaipunahele" on my cell phone. I got a motorola raiser for Christmas. The nokia I used to have is now deactivated and we are going to use it as a backup.
                                'Alika

Comment

Working...
                                X