American Idol: Season 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol: Season 8

Are three dudes and Susan Boyle the final four on Idol?

Comment

And the winner is ...

Put your remote on pause!

Comment

Well, we know the winner won't be Susan Boyle!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          After watching the DVR of last night's show cutting it down to the final 36...
          Females may make it to the top 10, but the winner will be a guy.
          Anoop Desai will make it to the top 10.
          Scott MacIntyre (the blind guy) and Michael Sarver (the oil rig worker) will both make it to the top 5.
          Danny Gokey will make it to the top 3. He's the kinda nerdy guy with glasses that Tutu mentioned in post #10 and I agreed in #11.
          But the winner for this season will be Adam Lambert, the semi punk rocker with very black hair. I'd pick him to win based on his great voice alone, but he also has the look, the attitude, and the stage style. He's shown a good variety of vocal styles, even this early in the game, so unless he somehow screws up big time, he'll win.
          I wrote that in post #27 almost 3-1/2 months ago, on February 12. Pretty much nailed it right on the head, but I'm surprised that Kris beat Danny to make it into the final two with Adam.
          Adam should win the finale tonight, but... Kris will probably pick up the votes that would've gone to Danny and the Adam fans may have felt he has such a lock that they didn't even need to vote, so... I dunno.
          We'll know in a few hours.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I got accidentally spoiled on the results from a headline of an online news article. grrrr.

Comment

Me, too, Adri. I've avoided yahoo news, etc., but it was a Facebook friend who spilled the beans. %#$*&^%#$

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                %#$*&^%#$
                I've never seen TuTu this mad! Somebody gonna get whack whacks fo shua.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                  I've never seen TuTu this mad! Somebody gonna get whack whacks fo shua.
                  Yes, my LA friend, Ryan, will get a big WHACK WHACK! Still, if I'd put a little thought into it, I would've stayed away from Facebook like I was staying away from my Yahoo mail page! I guess I'm so used to spoilers on HT that I just didn't think about Facebook. POOP!

I'll watch anyway 'cuz my daughter is in that audience of 7000. She has long brown hair. If any of you see her, please PM me!

Comment

No surprise, unfortunately!
                    Thought Rod Stewart just plain ol' stunk!
                    Loved Adam with Kiss. For once Adam's eyeliner looked understated!
                    Wasn't aware until tonight that David Cook's brother passed away 2 weeks ago. I remember him sitting in the audience last year. David is such a trouper.
                    All in all...whatta show. Can't wait to hear my annual, second hand account. I expect a phone call any minute...if she's still awake!
                    And...almost 100 million votes cast last night, alone!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      No surprise, unfortunately!
                      And...almost 100 million votes cast last night, alone!
                      Interesting tutu. According to this article the numbers for AI are down.
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                        Interesting tutu. According to this article the numbers for AI are down.
                        Those are the ratings and viewer numbers. The 100 million number (in this case, a little less) refers to the number of votes cast. Viewers are allowed to cast multiple votes...which Hawaii certainly did a few seasons ago when we had 2 contestants in the top 10!

Comment

Like you folks, I too had heard the final result before the show aired here. I haven't seen the finale show yet, as I was doing something else last night, but I have it on the DVR and will watch it later today or tonight.
                          I have a hunch it was actually better for Adam that he didn't win. He obviously is going to have a pretty amazing career, and it's well known that the major record labels will be fighting to get Adam on a contract. If he had won the finale, he would've been forced to sign a deal with the AI folks, but by coming in second he can do whatever he wants.
                          And quite frankly, winning the AI title doesn't help with an actual career, it just helps with the publicity factor. (And not much, at that.) It's a minorly interesting title to claim but doesn't guarantee any success in the business, as we've seen with some of the earlier winners.
                          It's going to be interesting to watch Adam's progress from here. Will he be the person who finally replaces Freddie Mercury as the lead singer for QUEEN, or... ?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            /snip I have a hunch it was actually better for Adam that he didn't win. He obviously is going to have a pretty amazing career, and it's well known that the major record labels will be fighting to get Adam on a contract. If he had won the finale, he would've been forced to sign a deal with the AI folks, but by coming in second he can do whatever he wants.
                            /snip
                            It's going to be interesting to watch Adam's progress from here. Will he be the person who finally replaces Freddie Mercury as the lead singer for QUEEN, or... ?
                            I agree that it's probably better for Adam to have gotten all this exposure but not be stuck with the AI contract. I heard someone asked Gene Simmons if KISS would want Adam to perform with them and Simmons said that he thought Adam would do better with Queen.

Comment

Is it too late to vote for Bikini Girl?
                              Who won the Bikini-off with Paula?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                                Is it too late to vote for Bikini Girl?
                                Who won the Bikini-off with Paula?
                                I don't know about Paula, but good gawd, Kara's body (exposed for charity, down to a bikini) and her voice put Bikini Girl to shame. Then there's the, what, 20 year age difference?

Comment

Working...
                                X