Thai me up, Thai me down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai me up, Thai me down

What are your favorite Thai dishes or sites, and most of all... secrets?

I may be making a lot of Thai meals in the near future for lovers of that style.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Thai me up, Thai me down

yellow chicken curry!

Comment

You can't go wrong if there's Pan Thai Noodles on the plate.

Comment

Crispy noodles
        Spring rolls
        Sa-teh anything

Oh gawd...now I'm soooo hungry! <drool>

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          I may be making a lot of Thai meals in the near future for lovers of that style.
          You can experiment on me!

I like the concept of Si Rot (sp?) = 4 flavors all mixed together - spicey, salty, sweet, sour. I use this concept when making Mango Margaritas with fresh lime juice (sour) and then use salt, sugar, and cayenne pepper on the rim. Mai Pen Rai!
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I always order green curry. It really opens up the sinuses.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              You can experiment on me!
              Thanx! But I guess that takes 'payment' out of the equasion..., but a guinea pig would be handy. Is guinea pig part of a Thai diet?
              I may be getting employed again as an in-house cook, this time at a D. Head estate, and the owners really like Thai food, which I love but sorrily am not versed in, so I'm crash coursing as we speak. The computer is a god-send!

Thanx for the tips so far, I'll be checking them all out.

Comment

Thai is one of my favorite cuisines to prepare. Do the basic soups (Tom Khaa Kai and Tom Yum Kung). Of course, Pad Thai (signature noodle dish), cellophane noodles. Since you have easy access to fresh seafood, there are many dishes to prepare using that. I do a lot of protein (beef, chicken & pork) dishes, using especially basil, since I love that stuff. Their salads are refreshing and not typical of a Western salad. The Green Papaya salad and Laarb's are two that's typical Thai. I do different curries but not from scratch (use the canned pastes), however. I don't do the sweet desserts; prefer just fresh fruits as a palate cleanser to all the flavors in the meal.

The Internet has very good recipes sites and check out some of the Thai food blogs. There are some very good ones out there. Good luck on your job!

Comment

Those sweet deserts caught my eye, with 'Thai sticky rice', being new to me. Is that a specialty item sold with that term?

Unfortunately, as I saw some red flags, the job was another bogus scam, but at least it got me going on Thai food, so all was not lost.

Comment

Aww, man! Bogus scam job!? I saw that job listing, and I was pretty excited for you, as it sounded like a cool fun job.

Hm, 'cool fun job'. That could be a red flag in itself...
                    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Thanx, TG!

But such is life. I wasn't about to pass up the chance tho, and I know somebody in the neighborhood needs a good cook, so maybe the chef Gods will smile for real again some day!

Comment

red curry w/coconut milk, chicken and kabocha pumpkin!

pax

Comment

This thread is really getting to me! I :::L:O:V:E::: Thai food!

Comment

Give me a hot bowl of Tom Kha Kai on a cold day and I'll be your friend, I'm not hard to please.
                            I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Well, since you asked....

I used to be the typical Tom Kha Gai, Pad Thai, and Mee Krob girl..... I figured how bad could they screw those three dishes up? They obviously can....

So I got me a few good Thai cookbooks, went to 99 Ranch Market, and got all my ingredients, and started to make all those things for myself at home... I now grow Kaffir Lime and Lemon Grass, looking to grow Galanga.

New favorite all time Thai dish is Beef Massaman... The curry hotness scale is perfect for a big baby like myself, and too strong for the rest of the family to eat up all the food... more for barb. Yum!

Comment

Working...
                              X