What are Your Goals for 2007 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Your Goals for 2007 ?

We have the "what did you accomplish in 2006 thread, now, what are your goals for 2007 ?

Live debt free

Lose weight, get into better shape

Get a bicycle and start riding.

Get at least 5 more commercial placements

Take a business class at the local college

Finish and release the Tikiyaki Orchestra CD I've been working on forever.

Earn 6 figures.

Buy a vacation rental in Hawaii, maybe Kona (and operate it sucessfully) , so I have a place to stay when I visit, and I have something earning equity, now that I'm a renter again.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Re: What are Your Goals for 2007 ?

To scrape through one more year!
    And keep hubby well enough to move by July.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Spiritual:
      -make significant progress on a baibala hemolele project that has been on my mind and heart (and prelim guts on my harddrive)
      Family:
      -continue to do more of the same--enjoy them, push them, get after them, challenge them, drive them everywhere, feed them, laugh with them. They are growing up too fast!
      Home:
      -gut the tv room
      -paint the outside of the house
      -find a personal finance software and use it (this is still the one area where I keep too much in a file cabinet and my head; must improve my system)
      Career:
      -finish up what I am doing
      -put a good effort into that which my husband and I want to do
      -keep moving forward
      Physical:
      -keep on this track and lose 20lbs

pax

Comment

10. Have Nate Berkus design and decorate my 'little grass shack' in Makaha!
        9. Would love to return to driving a Porsche! One with tiptronic, tho'!
        8. Spend more time at home...and on the beach!
        7. Spend more time with my friends.
        6. Vacation at Kona Village Resort!
        5. Meet, for the first time, my severely challenged, soon to be 9 year old nephew. That possibility exists as we're looking into finding a 'swim with the dolphins' program on Oahu that will accept a special needs child and has space still available during the spring school break.
        4. Hear my daughter say..."Mom, I'm moving back to Hawaii for sure in 2007."!
        3. Get back on my health path; nutrition, exercise and meditation. The latter is the only thing I've stuck with the past few years!
        2. Laugh...a lot! (Paul Ogata...where are you?!) Seriously, I will make a concerted effort to collect and watch more comedy DVDs.
        1. Continue to be a presence in the lives of my 2 new hanai, young adult kids and hopefully be able to guide them in a way that they won't have long lasting, psychological effects from the recent death of their mom.

In reality, only 1 thru 3 are important. They're real goals. 4 and 5 are strong wishes. I'm not sure my nephew can handle traveling from the mainland. The rest are frivolous but, hey, thoughts do become things so I'll keep on thinkin' 'em!

It'll be fun to revisit this thread at the end of 2007.

Comment

1. Get rid of clutter in my home.
          2. Cut back on spending.
          3. Try to live a more healthy life.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

hopefully get that flat screen TV to replae my rear projection TV that's about ready to bite the big one.

Hopefully get my BMW fixed so it can terrorize Hondas again

And hopefully somehow get less dependant on HELCO so I can reduce my $450 per month electric bill.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

- Get a new laptop
              - Successfully move my job to a new location and still retain its customers
              - learn to save money
              - Attend a HT gathering
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

The older I get, the higher up my list, "Still be alive at the end of it" gets...

I'll settle for mostly healthy and still capable of laughing at British university bureaucracy.

Peter

Comment

Talk about getting up there in age, one of these days I'll get that Bowflex and can say I'm 46 and I've never felt better than before! By then I'll be too old to lift the box when it comes to my home.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                    hopefully get that flat screen TV to replae my rear projection TV that's about ready to bite the big one.
                    You might want to get that flat screen TV before January 1. Unless you buy mail order the taxes on that flat screen will be higher (maybe) for neighbor islanders unless you buy mail order from Amazon.com or some place like that.

For Honolulu residents, if you thinking about a big ticket item to purchase, buy it now before the higher tax kicks in.

Me I'm going to also stock up on essentials like toilet paper and rice.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

County surcharge tax

On a $10.00 item...say, a non-sale, jumbo package of triple rolls of toilet paper, the current tax (4.166%) is 42¢. The new surcharge brings the tax (4.712%) up to 47¢. I completely understand your stand on no new taxes, Mel, but the storage space in my condo is at a premium and doesn't allow me to stock up on TP just to save 5¢ per jumbo package. I suppose I could stack packages on the bedroom floor next to the bed. Let's see, the current asking price for units like mine factor out to about $500. per square foot. I'm guessing at the size of the above mentioned package to be approx. 1.5 sq. ft. which comes out to $750. worth of floor space to store TP!!! Now, here's the good news...for that same $750. I can stack jumbo packages on top of each other all the way to the ceiling. I can probably stack 10 packages...at a total savings of...50¢. That said, a $1000. per month apartment rental will see the tax go from $42. to $47.

An exaggeration to make a point, of course, but there's nothing we can do about it. For all of us, just being savvy shoppers can increase our savings on needed items which can help to offset the tax increase.

And, as you mentioned...there's always amazon.com!

Comment

Using the rent example above, under the old tax in a year a renter pays $504 in taxes per year. Under the increase the same renter pays $564 pay year, a $60 increase on that rent just for the tax. Accumulate that with all of the other bills one has to pay like electricity, cable TV, maintenance fees, telephone, internet and all of the other goods & services that requires payment.... it will end up costing people hundreds more next year and for many more years to come.

I am sure that $60 could be used in a way to pursue whatever goal a person may have for the new year instead of just paying off more taxes.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                          Talk about getting up there in age, one of these days I'll get that Bowflex and can say I'm 46 and I've never felt better than before! By then I'll be too old to lift the box when it comes to my home.
                          LOL---a neighbor of mine got a Bowflex. Dunno whether he screwed up with the setup but he ended up with a nasty slice on his forehead when one of those bendy things let loose and whacked him.

I SWEAR we didn't laugh.

Low impact exercise DVD's. The way to go in 2007.

Comment

I stayed off this thread purposely. I wanted to write "realistic" things for me. Something I can come back next year and say..."I did it."

Well, in my heart and mind my goal is to stop SMOKING and DRINKING ALCOHOL!

It's been four days for cigarettes. Two weeks for Crown Royal.

The Boooze I can handle.....the cigarettes is making me STIR CRAZY!!! I'm already PUPULE! I'm going moa INSANE. Dey say time heals. I'm counting on it.

Back to being serious.

My other goals.

1. Not to be taken in and buying/renting from Canyon Rent-To-Own or similar companies.

2. Visit my friends in Seattle!

3. To SMELL once again.

4. Concentrate on Tutupupule.com

5. Chiristmas Slippah Wish Fund 2007!
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Lynn, this is what worked for me when I quit smoking:
                              -understand, and never lose sight of, the idea that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. Put it on your calendar and never, not once, let yourself grab for a cig. If you are in danger of doing so, go back and look at your calendar and see how far you got.

-Do not, do not, do not give in to a weak moment. Do not let weakness con yourself into doing it… health vs feeding addiction. Scream out “I chose health!” grab something to drink, like a bottle of water or a funky Snapple or something, and take a walk around the block. A craving lasts 15 minutes, so get yourself occupied with something for those 15 minutes...take a shower, take a cruise, cruise the net, whatever. Get busy.

-everytime you get into your fancy car, take an ice-cold bottle of water with you…or a hot cup of tea. Something that will help you scream “I chose health!”

I am rooting for you! Love, PM

pax

Comment

Working...
                              X