Here's what we're about to give up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what we're about to give up

Wanna see what TSA employees will soon see?

http://www.snotr.com/video/3689

Common folks, let's fight for our rights, fer cryin out loud!

Re: Here's what we're about to give up

I fear for the sex lives of the TSA employees who have to look at dreadful body types all day long.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Hmm. It can even shape out your private parts.

Can I get this in colorized version?

I'm telling you, a nudist airline service is the way to go.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

This machine was demonstrated on the Today Show this morning. Due to the graphic imaging and the show's time slot, the male subject's private area had to be blocked out.

Even more distressing to me is that the world is in such a mess that the need for this technology exists at airports. My daughter practically lives in airports. I'll be interested to hear her take on this subject.

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is with this. As long as the person viewing the images doesn't see the people then I'd be fine with it. I find a thorough (how it's supposed to be done) pat down to be a lot more invasive.
          What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Questions to ask are:
            1. Are the images of people going through the machine stored?
            2. Does the machine use X-Rays or some other radiation source to make the images?
            3. Does one have a choice between going through the machine or being patted?

Comment

I'd hate to be the one looking at so much body ugly. But it would probably be good for those screeners that sit all day to lose some appetite.

I wonder how many foil wrapped cucumbers they get a day...?
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

It is reported (I can't give the link right now) that the problem with scanners is that it cannot detect explosives hidden in male and female body cavities (use your imagination). Smuggling drugs in body cavities is a common ploy in prisons.

Body scanning is much todo about nothing. Terrorists will always be one step ahead of our vaunted homeland security. With the current world situation, there will always be an element of extra risk in almost anything we do.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  Questions to ask are:
                  1. Are the images of people going through the machine stored?
                  There will always be some TSA pervert who will find a way to store the images for "personal use" and release them on the Internet. Count on it.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                    There will always be some TSA pervert who will find a way to store the images for "personal use" and release them on the Internet. Count on it.
                    Just as there surely are perverts who install two way mirrors or pinhole cameras in bathrooms and dressing rooms.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      Just as there surely are perverts who install two way mirrors or pinhole cameras in bathrooms and dressing rooms.
                      ...and just as surely as there are corporations willing to condone those perverts.

Pennsylvania Walmart Sued for Videotaping Employees, Customers in Bathroom

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

I found some interesting info at: http://casesblog.blogspot.com/2009/1...=Google+Reader
                        The old style scanners:
                        The X-ray is not strong enough to penetrate much beyond the skin, so it cannot find weapons that may be hidden in body cavities.

The amount of radiation used during this scan is equal to 15 minutes of exposure to natural background radiation such as the sun's rays. One scan emits less than 10 microrem, the unit used to measure radiation. Comparably, an hour on an airplane at a high altitude exposes a passenger to 300 microrem, and the average person is exposed to 1,000 microrem of radiation over the course of a normal day.

Thirty hours of airplane travel is the equivalent of one chest X-ray

The X-ray scan gives a person as much radiation as he or she would get from two minutes of flying in an airplane at 30,000 feet. A traveler would have to undergo more than a thousand scans in a year to equal one standard chest X-ray.

The newer style scanners:
                        The newer type of scanners, called a "millimeter wave" machine, doesn't use radiation. It uses electromagnetic waves to create an image based on energy reflected from the body. According to the TSA these devices deliver 10,000 times less energy than a person's cell phone.
                        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                          The newer style scanners:
                          Called millimeter wave machines.... (I couldn't grab the whole quote)....
                          But it seemed so similar to the reassurances we got about "Agent Orange" in the late 1960's....

We know where that went: hundreds of thousands of claims against the government by US soldiers. YOUR tax dollars....

We are not rats to be experimented upon. Or so we suspect....

Although we are grateful for the airline agencies to keep their customers (us), safe, and to protect their valuable, insured (i.e., replaceable) machinery; we are NOT their experimental lab rats.

NOT LAB RATS!!!!!

Granted, we are asking for a voluntary service, and they can determine the conditions under which such commerce can occur, we have the right to demand "reasonable" inspection as much as they have the similar right.

What is reasonable???????

And, how much can we, as individual citizens, expect to give up for the reasonable thrusts toward security offered by the airlines?

It seems to me a double-edged sword:

Airlines have an obligation for safe travel on two fronts:
                          1) They must ensure the safety of their passengers,and
                          2) they must protect their investments (their planes).

I feel certain they are doing both, to the best of their abilities. The question becomes: 'Where and when are they violating customer's rights?

Customers can always refuse travel and fly via another airline. Basic "Freedom of Choice."

Ultimately, or reasons of airline safe travel, we will need to relinquish privacy, or drive, or go back to horse and buggy.

Careful what you choose!

K~~~~~~!
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

There will always be some TSA pervert who will find a way to store the images
                            Well, that credit goes to whoever thought that a [mobile] phone should have a digital camera feature.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Some perv at TSA will store body-scan images?

That TSA perv needs to hear about this thing called the Internet, where it's actually possible to find pictures of nekkid ladies.
                              Burl Burlingame
                              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X