Cockroaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cockroaches?

Ok, OK, I am disgusted and get chicken skin reading this! So, ONE TIME, in front my gramma's house in Aiea, had one SWARM of roaches come out from da electric box in front da house.. had so plenny you could HEAR EM. Had white kine, stripe kine, bombers -- you name it. Gross, yeah?

One thing I noticed with combating roaches is that I always need to have many kinds of bait going at once. I'm personally keeping pest control companies in business, but yeah, that's the price of living in the tropics.

Now I get plenny imaginary bugs walking on my back. Gross.
    Roseanne and Rambo in one tidy package.

Comment

My dad was stationed to Schofield Barracks in 1979 and called us back home in Lawton to tell us of the *mansion* we would soon be living in, a newer two story quadplex on Ekaha Circle with 4 bedrooms and 2 and a half baths. Wow! We spent the first few days at the guest house on the base before moving in and the first night after showering, I reached down to turn off the faucets to see this HUGE cockroach in the tub!!! OMG!! LOL! After that and still, I can hear my mom slapping the walls and counter surfaces in order to kill whatever size roach she would come across. It never did any good to call and order a spray job because when the next unit sprayed, theirs came to us and vice versa.
      I guess those crazy little geckos haven't done a very good job of keeping the roach population down thru the years.
      If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Ya gotta bring out ALL the big guns. I use the large and small poison baits as well st the stick-tite glue traps (which we at least SEE the results!) and on-the-spot cruch/capture flush.

BTW; I have heard that flushing a BIGGIE is not enough, they swim back out and come back! To combat this, I put a drop of liquid soap in the toilet to break the surface tension when I flush. Perhaps it's magical thinking, but it makes me feel safer....

K

(Plop plop, fizz fizz, OH! what a relief it is!)
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

There's an entire group of photographers who take pictures of all kinds of different cockroaches on Flickr. Most are not the ones we are familiar with. Here are some of the B-52s I found on Flickr (re-posted using their embed codes):

Cockroach by camalexisonfire, on Flickr

American Cockroach by graftedno1, on Flickr

Cockroach by xcode, on Flickr

Cockroaches on Flickr - many for your viewing pleasure.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
            Ya gotta bring out ALL the big guns. I use the large and small poison baits as well st the stick-tite glue traps (which we at least SEE the results!) and on-the-spot crunch/capture flush.
            That's right! The more weapons used... the better the results!
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Whack da buggah flat! Smashing da cock-a-roach-a

Comment

I found a product on Amazon.com, Harris's Roach Tablets. If you don't have a toddler or a pet that will gobble tablets they work good. I put them inside those plastic circular roach baits for a double dose. Throw 'em under the stove and the sink.
                Harris's Roach Tablets;I recommend them.
                You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                  I found a product on Amazon.com, Harris's Roach Tablets. If you don't have a toddler or a pet that will gobble tablets they work good. I put them inside those plastic circular roach baits for a double dose. Throw 'em under the stove and the sink.
                  Harris's Roach Tablets;I recommend them.

Saw these at Long's yesterday. Only 4 bucks a box.

Comment

I prefer to use the sticky traps if possible, because I do not want to have dead cockroaches left to disintegrate inside of cabinets, under the stove, behind furniture, or wherever else they can crawl as they are being poisoned. The body parts, as they dry up, can cause allergies and also aggravate asthma.

http://www.sharecare.com/question/ho...gger-allergies

Dead roach body parts, which are known to be allergens, adhere to dust particles. These, in turn, become airborne and can cause an allergic reaction when they enter the lungs, eyes, and nose. Extermination can increase the problem because there will be more dead body parts in the dust. For allergy-friendly roach control, it's best to use traps.
                    I even toss out the sticky traps once there are a couple of cockroaches in there, because those dead bodies disintegrate too.
                    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

You gotta be careful.

I tried dead fast and it worked, but had to be reapplied after 6 months.

For the B-52's I tried .357, but da wife was pissed about the big holes in the floor and walls. Amazing, how they stop, as if DARING you to shoot! .22's work as well, and make smaller holes - but still the wife complain - if I could get an accurate bb-gun....

I wrote out a peace treaty where they get the outside and we get the inside, and got them to 'sign' it (eewwww), but when I noticed some still inside, their ambassador claimed they were 'Rogue elements from another clan.' and that his clan was adhering to our agreement. So the sticky traps went back up.

Naturally, this post is for entertainment purposes only, for get you one smile, or even one laugh. All fiction, for real.
                      ~ ~

Comment

[QUOTE=Amati;271084]I prefer to use the sticky traps if possible, because I do not want to have dead cockroaches left to disintegrate inside of cabinets, under the stove, behind furniture, or wherever else they can crawl as they are being poisoned. The body parts, as they dry up, can cause allergies and also aggravate asthma.]

This reminds me, you can put those tablets in the wall when building or renovating.

I prefer to ingest the airborne body part dust for fiber and the challenge to my immunity system, because, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

Besides, who knows what else blows in when we simply open the door? Oh, no. Get the duct tape.

Wish I knew how to use the quote function properly.

Comment

I love those Hoya sticky traps. They work amazing well and even catch the babies. After a few weeks, I ll snap the scent pouch in the middl releasing more of the aroma to lure them in.

I have to admit, I can be a bit macabre at times, as I enjoy opening it up and watching the little buggers try to escape, but they can't. "Going somewhere?" I say to them..

the downside, is that I noticed a gecko in my room one time, on the ceiling, on the wall, then I never saw him again. Until I was throwing the sticky box out and noticed him inside. Dead. I guess he was hungry too.
                          n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                            Wish I knew how to use the quote function properly.
                            Click on the red quote button at bottom right corner of post.
                            Highlight, then delete unwanted words, being careful not to delete the end quote ([/quote]) marker. Then write your answer starting on the next line after the end quote marker.
                            ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
                              I love those Hoya sticky traps.(...)
                              the downside, is that I noticed a gecko in my room one time, on the ceiling, on the wall, then I never saw him again. Until I was throwing the sticky box out and noticed him inside. Dead. I guess he was hungry too.
                              I have had few lizards or geckos caught, but I do get the occasional centipede!!! (Whew!) As well as odd bugs of different sizes and flavors.
                              ~ ~

Comment

Geckos can be "saved", if discovered in time, but applying cooking oil (vegetable oil) to the trap. The oil will loosen the glue from the gecko. It takes a bit of careful manipulation, but it does work. Just be sure to not let the gecko's head get into the oil, or it will suffocate.

If you gently tear away as much of the cardboard trap as possible, the oil can soak into the glue faster. But be careful to not amputate a foot or finger of the poor gecko!

For those who are still with me here in these instruction... it takes about 20 minutes to successfully "free" a gecko.
                                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X