Cockroaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cockroaches?

When I lived in Honolulu with my friend.. I could see Roaches going inside the timer swithch of the microwave.
    I left and got a hotel (cheap) on Kuhio,,, but clean.

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,559600,00.html

So scientists think they can make better, cheaper hearts for transplant in humans by following the design of a cockroach heart. I somehow never thought that cockroaches had hearts...

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
        I somehow never thought that cockroaches had hearts.
        Oh, you've met my ex-wife Plaintiff, have you?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

hahahaha
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Get those Raid roach traps and put them all around the perimeter of your house, one about every three to four feet. And get spray for the partiers. That's what we did last year and it worked very well. We didn't start getting them until February, and I think that's b/c we needed to replace the traps.

And maybe you should call Geico and see if you can have some geckos delivered. It's the least they can do after torturing us with all their craptastic commercials!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

hi,what we use is hoy hoy trap a roach and it work's well,so far hardly any roache's.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                When I lived in Honolulu with my friend.. I could see Roaches going inside the timer swithch of the microwave.
                I left and got a hotel (cheap) on Kuhio,,, but clean.
                I remember staying at some cheap hotels in Hilo and I kept switching rooms because they were either infested with roaches or ants or both! I finally gave up and picked the room with the least amount! Won't do that ever again!!

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                  And maybe you should call Geico and see if you can have some geckos delivered. It's the least they can do after torturing us with all their craptastic commercials!
                  We have a gecko that lives under the kitchen cabinets. I LOVE that thing! Many less crawlies noted.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                    We have a gecko that lives under the kitchen cabinets. I LOVE that thing! Many less crawlies noted.
                    I was playing guitar and singing in Kelly O'Neils on Lewars. I mentioned to one of the guys in the audience about how my little bed-sit was overun with roaches every night.
                    The following morning he appeared with a box and 6 Geckos. He put them on the walls, the balcony/laneii and would not take $1 for bringing them.
                    I was never troubled by one roach again.

What I did notice is that here in England we have twylight but in Hawaii it is light and then goes dark. That is when the roaches come out. Of course Geckos are cold blooded and need to sun themselves. After a few days some of them got to know me and I could even stroke them and it seemed that they appreciated the warmth of my hands.

Sure ! I had Geckos on my walls but give me that any day to roaches on the floors.

Comment

Late last night around 11pm a small swarm of B-52's came into my outdoor patio where I was working on a computer. In all I managed to take out eight of em in mid-flight. That was totally strange for that many roaches to be out flying around.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        Late last night around 11pm a small swarm of B-52's came into my outdoor patio where I was working on a computer. In all I managed to take out eight of em in mid-flight. That was totally strange for that many roaches to be out flying around.
                        Ewww, gory!! But that was my original point, it seems that there are more of them in October than any other time of year. Wonder why.

Last night I got out the can of Raid, and it had no top on it, so I couldnt use it.
                        Asked the bf about it this morning, and he sheepishly admitted to smacking a B52 with the CAN (!) and breaking it! Hahahaha!
                        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                          Ewww, gory!! But that was my original point, it seems that there are more of them in October than any other time of year. Wonder why.
                          It's been a very warm October here in Hawaii; high humidity and all that... roaches love warm weather... they come out..... they fly... they swoop.... yuck!

Hope it gets colder and the big roaches take cover.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Yeah, we have the huge B-52 Cockaroaches, as well as the smaller German Cockroach (easily controlled by "Dead-Fast").

The B-52's respond well to semi-annual Large Roach Baits in the home, and when they are on their backs they are easy to flush.

Hey, it's the tropics! That's the downside.
                            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

somebody I know in Honolulu puts a few drops of Tobasco sauce in water and sprays is around worktops and floors. The little devil roaches don't like it and she hasn't been bothered again.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                                It's been a very warm October here in Hawaii; high humidity and all that... roaches love warm weather... they come out..... they fly... they swoop.... yuck!

Hope it gets colder and the big roaches take cover.
                                Maybe the big roaches could eat the regular roaches. So gross. My house is coated in home remedies lately. Cinnamon, rubbing alcohol, boric acid. Frankly, I hope the roaches come to eat the ants.

Comment

Working...
                                X