Hurricane Felicia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hurricane Felicia

hi,thank'ss tutusue for sharing on where to post on the hurricane only where i live,we have sun and cool tradewind's and it's very pleasent here.thank's for bringing out this post since i wasnt able to locate it.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Hope every one is OK and it doesn't get too bad... you are all in my thoughts today.

Comment

Let's see if I can plug in the latest projection....

I would say... DUCK!
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

This press-release vocabulary gives the wrong impression:
          Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          ... residents should prepare a family disaster plan, which should be discussed in detail with every family member.
          We never have to plan those, and it's rarely even necessary to discuss them before they happen. Especially with a teen in the house it's not much more than "Hey, wait!" or "What were you thinking!??"

Perhaps the governor's office would rather have us work on hurricane readiness checklists, emergency planning, and disaster recovery...
          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Many of us in Europe have friends on that rock and it's times like this that we worry about you and your pets. Scouts motto 'Be Prepared'. I was there once during a long and bad storm. All the pesticides were washed from the golf course and into the Ala Waia canal. On top of this a sewer burst and this was pumped in also. I walked across the bridge by the canoe club on McCulley and saw lots of fish, dead and belly up. No point in putting my brolley up in those winds. From where the canal came out at Magic Island to Diamond Head was closed to bathing. Not that anybody would want to bathe in weather like that, yet I did feel sorry for the tourists who had spent a lot of money on their holiday.

Please be safe.

Comment

At the moment, Felicia is 145 northeast of Kahului, Maui, and moving southwest at 10mph. That means Maui will be directly under it late this afternoon, though is just now starting to get bits of wind and rain from Felicia's leading edge.
              Felicia is 235 miles northeast of Oahu and projected to be south of Oahu tomorrow morning, which means we may get the worst of it since the strongest wind (now 35 to 45mph) and heaviest rain is on the north side of the system. We should start feeling things late this afternoon or early evening from the leading edge.
              Flooding will likely be the biggest problem. Waves on the east shore are predicted at 15' and some forecasters say up to 18'. I expect the biggest trouble to be on Kam Highway between Kaneohe and Turtle Bay, where it often gets waves washing across the road at high tide. Add these huge waves, plus flooding streams, and I think you can expect closures in various areas of Kam Highway there.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Just took this panoramic shot from the Dole Cannery parking structure looking north and east toward downtown Honolulu (stitched with the Pano app for iPhone). Click through to see the large version. If the remnants of Felicia aren't supposed to be here until tomorrow...

Comment

here in capt cook we were expecting SOMETHING! but we have nothing but a little rain overnight. felicia has pushed north and bypassed the big island...so far. i dont think it will turn back on itself at this point.
                  originall this was to pass south of us a bit and be of concern. most storms seem to pass south of BI and we luck out with not much effect.
                  well this was east and north. small target but maybe its just bracketing itself for the next ones...and there are more storms forming to the east.
                  the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

It looks to be going just to the no. of Maui and so. of O'ahu, winds about 35 mph and some locally heavy rain. If this had been a category 4 it would have been a big problem but its possible the big volcanos would rip apart a major storm. Hope so!

Comment

To Nords:

I got it. I laughed.

Just wanted you to get acknowledgment for your silliness.

= Yer pal in humor, LL =

Comment

HOORAY! (Apparently.) Here is the 11am report:

TROPICAL DEPRESSION FELICIA ADVISORY NUMBER 33
                        NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI EP082009
                        1100 AM HST TUE AUG 11 2009

...FELICIA DISSIPATING AS A TROPICAL DEPRESSION BUT STILL COULD
                        PRODUCE LOCALIZED HEAVY RAINS AND SOME GUSTY WINDS...

AT 1100 AM HST...2100 UTC...THE TROPICAL STORM WATCH FOR OAHU AND
                        FOR ALL OF MAUI COUNTY...WHICH INCLUDES THE ISLANDS OF MAUI...
                        KAHOOLAWE...LANAI...AND MOLOKAI...HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.

AT 1100 AM HST...2100 UTC...THE CENTER OF DISSIPATING TROPICAL
                        DEPRESSION FELICIA WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 20.6 NORTH...
                        LONGITUDE 154.7 WEST OR ABOUT 120 MILES EAST OF KAHULUI HAWAII AND
                        ABOUT 210 MILES EAST-SOUTHEAST OF HONOLULU HAWAII.

THE DISSIPATING DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 9 MPH.
                        THE REMNANT LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO MOVE SLOWLY WESTWARD
                        OVER THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 35 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS...MOSTLY
                        OVER THE WATERS TO THE NORTH OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. GRADUAL
                        WEAKENING OF THE SYSTEM IS FORECAST DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1010 MB...29.83 INCHES.

...SUMMARY OF 1100 AM HST INFORMATION...
                        LOCATION...20.6N 154.7W
                        MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...35 MPH
                        PRESENT MOVEMENT...WEST OR 265 DEGREES AT 9 MPH
                        MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1010 MB

THIS IS THE LAST PUBLIC ADVISORY ISSUED BY THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
                        HURRICANE CENTER ON THIS SYSTEM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Awesome! I was worried about you guys!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Is Hurrican Felicia been a letdown for tv news? I saw a tv reporter at an outside remote location not wearing a cap, so it looked like there is a heavy downpour by not wiping to dry his hair.

Comment

Felicia has turned into one big joke. However a new storm is a brewing to the east.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                Just wanted you to get acknowledgment for your silliness.
                                Thanks! Spouse has spent too much time in civil-defense meetings...
                                Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                                Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                                We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                                Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X