Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Checkers and Pogo

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
    Although not part of the C&P show, KGMB also showed Jonny Quest, and one of my favorites, "The Mighty Heroes", with Strong Man, Tornado Man, Rope Man, Diaper Man, and Cuckoo Man.

Can't forget Spider Man and the Banana Splits.
    Holy toledos TVGUY! I remember "The Might Heroes", I can see Diaper Man using his bottle as a weapon and Cuckoo Man barely being able to 'fly'! Sheesh, talk 'bout some random information stored in the brain! Good stuff!
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      After Mr. Checkers (Jim Demarest) left, Pogo Poge had no official sidekick. If you watch the C&P Remembered documentary, it pretty much states that Morgan White was left to host the show alone, although the program was still titled the "Checkers & Pogo Show." There was still the supporting cast that came in to help out, like Rob Hearn (Jake the Janitor), Fred Ball (Professor Fun), Freddie Morris and his ventriloquist dummy Alfred, and others. Sounds like the recording that was shown on YouTube earlier this year. Did you get it from that guy?
      Yes I did, have you viewed this as well? Well for the episode of sorts he had an unoffical sidekick, I think he was called "Earl" by Morgan White at one point, a tall skinny older haole man.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
        Yes I did, have you viewed this as well? Well for the episode of sorts he had an unoffical sidekick, I think he was called "Earl" by Morgan White at one point, a tall skinny older haole man.

Aj
        That guy was Red, the pharmacist. (Although that might have been his nickname. Maybe Earl was his real name.) I kind of associate him with some of the "professionals" who came on the show from time to time to offer words of wisdom to the audience, like Mr. Mac of the Hawn. Humane Society and another old man (I forgot his name) who was a retired firefighter. Those guys weren't actors. Red was probably on that particular segment just to award prizes to the poster contest winners.

BTW, I only cared about that particular YouTube video because it showed my cousin Keala as one of the winners of that contest. She was 12 years old at the time.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Wow you guys, talk about a trip down memory lane. When I saw "Checkers & Pogo" this first thing I thought about was the Banana Splits. But then... I forgot all about Rope Man and Diaper Man and all those guys!

Gulp, does this mean we're old?

Oh well, at least it was better than Barney!
          Aloha,
          Evelyn
          Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Originally posted by Sprite View Post
            Wow you guys, talk about a trip down memory lane. When I saw "Checkers & Pogo" this first thing I thought about was the Banana Splits. But then... I forgot all about Rope Man and Diaper Man and all those guys!

Gulp, does this mean we're old?

Oh well, at least it was better than Barney!
            Nah, not old...well-enhanced, more experienced, cultivated...but not old!
            ___
            "Be god to each other."

Comment

Yeah, yeah... that's it! Uh huh!

"One banana, two banana, three banana four..."
              Aloha,
              Evelyn
              Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Yeah, yeah... that's it! Uh huh!

"One banana, two banana, three banana four..."
                Remember Danger Island? "Oh oh, Chongo!!"

Comment

Was the Banana Splits on the Checkers & Pogo show?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                    Was the Banana Splits on the Checkers & Pogo show?
                    I think they were back to back on one day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                      Remember Danger Island? "Oh oh, Chongo!!"

It rings a bell... if I saw it I probably would. It does sound familiar. Hmmm...
                      Aloha,
                      Evelyn
                      Homespun Honolulu

Comment

It rings a bell... if I saw it I probably would. It does sound familiar. Hmmm...
                        Danger Island was one of the live action (non-animated) segments shown on Banana Splits, featuring a very young looking Jan-Michael Vincent, who would later go onto fame in Airwolf. Yes, C&P show did present the syndicated half-hour version of the Banana Splits show a couple of times a week during the early-to-mid 1970s. My personal favorite Banana Splits segment was the Adventures of Huck Finn.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I enjoyed Danger Island, those same Banana Splits packages where shown in Chicago where I lived then and most likely sold to stations throughout the USA back during the 70's.

I seem to also remember Roger Ramjet, Clutch Cargo, Secret Squirrel and some Octopus on Banana Splits too.

Aj

Comment

I remember Banana Splits, but what the heck is Rope Man an Diaper Man??

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                              I remember Banana Splits, but what the heck is Rope Man an Diaper Man??
                              Those were characters along with Cuckoo Man and others from "The Mighty Heroes" cartoon series which came originally from the "Mighty Mouse" cartoon series.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mighty_Heroes

Aj

Comment

Aj, I remember Secret Squirrel too!

Apparently I have a selective memory. Oh well.

I must say that Diaper Man must be the grandfather of those kids on the Baby Emporium commercials!
                                Aloha,
                                Evelyn
                                Homespun Honolulu

Comment

Working...
                                X