A slice of your life that you wish to share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A slice of your life that you wish to share

Those inlaws sound like fun. Could you do us a webcam so we can watch?
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
      Those inlaws sound like fun. Could you do us a webcam so we can watch?
      Good idea! I can post one for them and one for the pigs in my yard!

So today is the day of arrival to start THREE WEEKS of their visit. Last night
      apparently she was whining on the phone to my SIL about how all I do is swim and go to physical therapy and "now we'll have to find things to do on our
      own with that going on." For heaven's sake, I'm not Michael Phelps, I go for a half hour of swimming, it takes 3 minutes to get there and about 5 to get back (traffic always heavier coming home) so that's about 45 minutes, If I have my water exercise class I'm back by 10 anyway. Since she can't get out of the house before noon or 1:00 I don't know how this affects her. She was apparently in one of her "poor me" martyr moods according to my SIL and it was a ridiculous conversation. And like it's a real joy to have to go to physical therapy due to a car accident, I'd rather not have to!

I am having chili for dinner as it's easy to do with all my appts. today so get the Bean-O out!

Did I mention that everything I have she copies? No joke. Shoes, purses, clothes (not always a good idea!), decor - down to redoing their bathrooms exactly like I did mine. Last year she went and bought a piece of jewelry
      just like a piece I have and it's a very sentimental piece and I was irritated that she had to copy that. I wrote venting to my SIL about it and she snooped in our email and read about my anger. She came running into the
      room hysterical about what a mistake it was to buy it and she would return it and there was no way she'd know my irritation if not for snooping. This time we now have a password required to read our computer pages!

Comment

Invite her to go swimming with you?
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
          Invite her to go swimming with you?
          It may very well be the ONLY TIME they are not with for THREE WEEKS!
          She kind of asked (she never asks directly) about the pool and I told her well there's no shade, no tables, no bar () it is just a 50 meter pool with
          everyone doing laps. She would hate it and complain the whole time.
          It is really true that they are with me all the time. I have a pool here at the house if she wants to swim since she doesn't do laps, of course it's a bit cold right now but she did go in last year. Then you have to hear all about her hair and blah blah blah!

There is not enough vodka in the world......

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
            Then you have to hear all about her hair and blah blah blah!

There is not enough vodka in the world......
            Now you know why people smoke POT. Lots of pot. Excuse me, I meant medical marijuana.

I feel your pain. Glad I don't have in-laws. My parents are bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
              Now you know why people smoke POT. Lots of pot. Excuse me, I meant medical marijuana.

I feel your pain. Glad I don't have in-laws. My parents are bad enough.
              Oh, I certainly know why! I wish I was back in Montara right now eating pot butter on homemade scones like last November at our friend's house who does have MM.

So the computer says "Seven O' Clock" breaking into a game of "Burning Monkey" faster than you can say "Oh crap" on comes the TV loud enough to wake the dead and the TODAY show is on again, the 7th morning in a row. Five out of the last 7 days he has had a cheeseburger and only yesterday said "this is the only place the fries have been HOT!" He doesn't talk at meals just shoves the food in his mouth and makes sounds like a wildebeest eating, I'm starting to think he looks like one. At Steve Miller he got annoyed with as he called her "a wiggler" next to him so he left our seats and looked like Bob Uecker (sp?) way up in the top. Then he complained that people were climbing over him to other places. That I find hard to believe who'd want to go near an old sour ass like him.

She has had her fits of sniffling, slamming things around and the usual "FINE!" for no apparent reason. Sometimes we look at each other and say
              "What they hell just happened?" This was going on before Steve Miller and we were hoping it would all end eventually. Yesterday I was really needing to get stuff done here like made dog food. So we had a "I'll just run to Long's and Walgreens unless you want to go to," NO I DON'T!!!!!!!!!!
              So it was the kind of trip where she buys hundreds of hawaiian print gift bags, dozens of boxes and bags of Mauna Loa macadamia nuts and for some reason a plastic Maneki Neko in a little box. She cannot go a day without buying something SOMEWHERE, it's absurd.

When we eat dinner at home and I have to cook for 8 instead of 4 he just sits there shoving food in his mouth doesn't talk and never says thank you for a nice meal. The other night I was so not wanting to look at that I read the paper in front of my face while they all gaped at 24 on Monday. When I finished I just left the table and cleaned up a bit and then went in my room.
              Supposedly when they visit the SIL's he goes on dog walks and all kinds of activities with everyone and apparently talks. So he must not like being in Hawaii with us - why make such a LONG trip for THREE WEEKS when it seems you don't have fun? Then again, frankly; I don't want him on my dog walks or going to the pool he's such an asshole that it would ruin my fun already. It's just too bizarre and we have TWO WEEKS left Thanks all for listening! There's more but I gotta get to the pool!

Comment

But, leashlaws, I thought you "...love them more than life itself...". I dunno, it sounds like your in-laws aren't all that loveable. Just an observation...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  But, leashlaws, I thought you "...love them more than life itself...". I dunno, it sounds like your in-laws aren't all that loveable. Just an observation...
                  They can be quite loveable. We can choose our friends but not our family
                  and we must accept and deal with what we are dealt! I do love them but
                  love and like sometimes aren't mutually compatible! I appreciate your comment and appreciate your living through my ranting and raving!
                  You're always cool with your replies! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                    We can choose our friends but not our family
                    A hypothetical question.
                    Who gets the needed organ when both candidates are a match for a transplant, a friend or a relative?

Comment

I just want to throw out an observation or two. What if, the in-laws want to see their son so bad that they put up with the daughter in law in order to see him. If I were to visit my son and my daughter in law had a nasty attitude the whole time I was there, I might just not talk either. I might try to avoid things by watching TV and playing computer games. I'm just saying......... It goes both ways. Imagine having the feeling that you are not welcome in your own son's house - even if you don't say anything, I'm sure the attitude comes across.

I'm sorry, but your attitude bothers me leashlaws. Having had parents who are/were set in their ways, you learn to make compromises. In the scheme of things, who cares if all your FIL wants to eat is hamburgers and wants to watch the Today show. I can think of a whole lot of other things that are worse.

Comment

Had my teeth cleaned this morning.

Comment

I saw part of 'A Thousand Ways to Die' on cable. Outrageous stuff, altho I think they exaggerate a bit, just to make it more interesting. Has anyone seen this show?
                          Edited to add: Maybe I should have started a new thread in the 'tube' folder...
                          Last edited by Sharilyn; July 29, 2009, 12:50 PM.

Comment

My turn.

Been busy working. Security is not as simple as it was before. Anyways, I'm not writing bout dat. I would like to share my daily delimma of hearing grinding, pounding and everything that goes on at a Construction site. For several weeks, my hale is smack in the middle of it all. No ear plugs can help. My hale shakes. Dust and debris? Plenny. I haven't had a good rest before I go to work. I've asked my landlord if I could break my lease. If I don't stay till October 2009, I lose my deposit.

I miss MWH.

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

if you can sleep on your back - try using headphones and some sound effects "music". I have some cd's of water sounds, jungle sounds & steel drums that play for about an hour each. right now, I also use a "white noise" machine that sits between the head of my bed & my window. it pretty much blocks out the sound from outside. either one of those methods might help you. my street is pretty noisy, we have a dog that barks a lot and there is a lot of noise from my landlords also. the noise machine really helps a lot. you can probably find one at best buy.
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Dear Anapuni808!

We rented this hale cause it was in a quiet lane and near to everything. We pay close to $2,000 a month for it. I work at nights. Tonight, I work the grave yard shift. I can't sleep. I suffer from Migraines and you know wat.

Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X