Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Savings Bank Sucks

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    I think what Konaguy is saying is that whatever worked in 2009 all of a sudden does not work in 2010...with no explanation why.
    That is a correct analysis of the situation.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

being familiar with the banking industry and looking at my own experience with ASB, I was just curious.
      "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I've been a customer of, then critic of, just about every bank in Honolulu. I've never felt happier to leave a bank than American Savings Bank. On almost every level, they were a hindrance and barrier to me. Indifference I can handle, poor service is rampant. What I felt at ASB was hostility.

I hear from people every month who are moving or thinking of relocating to Hawaii, and I tell them to put ASB on their blacklist. And this coming from a guy who has actually flown Go! airlines.

My mom has worked for a local bank for nearly 40 years. I'd been an advocate for banks most of my life (as past threads here will probably demonstrate). But ASB was the straw that broke the camel's back. I moved to credit unions and to mainland-based, online-only USAA, and have never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          I moved to credit unions and to mainland-based, online-only USAA, and have never looked back.
          Didn't know you are a veteran, USAA FTW.
          What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Working...
          X