This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 6

Mountain Dew is bottled by Pepsi here. When I went this evening the nozzle that had the Mountain Dew in the afternoon had a Power Blade selection instead. Then I noticed the rest of the selections were Coke so I took Diet Coke for dinner. I guess I should go back tomorrow just to see what's what.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      I went back to the same Subway for dinner today, ordered the same stuff
      O.K. just checkin'. Jared ordered a 6" Turkey for lunch, foot long Veggie for dinner.

Pastrami for lunch AND dinner.. you go!

What was really bizzare was that lunch time the fountain had Pepsi products but dinner time that same fountain had Coke products
      This is a first! A HAUNTED Subway restaurant in Hawaii. Hope you consider adding it to the Obake Files.

Would be even more bizzare if the restaurant became a Quiznos or Blimpie at dinner time.

Again, this thread is makin' me hungry. Gonna' have to grab me a footlong Seafood & Crab for dinner tonight. The Subway near us offers any footlong after 5:00pm for $3.99 (somethin' like that). What a deal!
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Went back to that same Subway today and had a pastrami foot long sandwich, chips and Diet Coke. According to one of the workers they had switch to Coke products yesterday.

Also munching on some cookies from there as well as a refill of Diet Coke.

Comment

Pig Feet Soup from Janes Fountain on Liliha Street (Take-out), Can Red Salmon with diced cold tomato/maui onions/dash of aloha shoyu on top. Poi

Pepsi with Ice.
          (I getting the habit)

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Went back to that same Subway today and had a pastrami foot long sandwich, chips and Diet Coke. According to one of the workers they had switch to Coke products yesterday.
            Temporary switch or permanent?
            I remember when Pepsi had their national convention on the Big Island a few years ago and for a week or ten days you simply could not find a Coke anywhere on the island!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

That Subway Pastrami sandwich must be REALLY good. 3 times consecutively.. That's it, I'm tryin' one!

Today was a Somen Salad from Tropics Fish & Vegetable Market (Ward).

Hey, us guys gotta' watch our "figure" too ya' know!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Half a container of New York Super Fudge Chunk. Fell asleep and woke up late and had to pick up the kids, so that's all I had time for. There's tuna in the pantry calling mt name, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                  That Subway Pastrami sandwich must be REALLY good. 3 times consecutively.. That's it, I'm tryin' one!

Today was a Somen Salad from Tropics Fish & Vegetable Market (Ward).

Hey, us guys gotta' watch our "figure" too ya' know!

Yeah, Helen. Me and skinny Pomai want to know what you get on your subway pastrami!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

All the veggies, no salt, no pepper, no oil, no vinegar, mustard, mayo, and cheese (type of which changes from order to order).

Comment

• Re: SUBWAY

My Subway fav' has always been the Seafood and Crab on Wheat with ALL the fixinz, bag o' Pretzels and Lemonade drink.

Speaking of skinny, what's the deal with people who order fast food mega-burger screw-the-arteries super-duper combo deluxes.. then drink a DIET SODA with it? Never figured that one out.

Helen can get by with that, after all she's eating a relatively HEALTHY meal, so it makes sense.

Hey, it's dinner soon. Once again this thread is makin' me hungry.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

• Re: SUBWAY

Originally posted by Pomai
                        My Subway fav' has always been the Seafood and Crab on Wheat with ALL the fixinz, bag o' Pretzels and Lemonade drink.

Speaking of skinny, what's the deal with people who order fast food mega-burger screw-the-arteries super-duper combo deluxes.. then drink a DIET SODA with it? Never figured that one out.

Helen can get by with that, after all she's eating a relatively HEALTHY meal, so it makes sense.

Hey, it's dinner soon. Once again this thread is makin' me hungry.

Pomai,
                        I'm one of those. I cannot tolerate a sugar soda. I would drink water first. I am a diet cola fan. I don't make a habit of eating a mega burger, but when I do you can bet it's with a diet soda on the rare occasion that I do. My justification? Well shoots, if I'm eating all this crap, the least I can do is wash it down with a sugar free beverage!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

• Oodles Of Noodles

Yakisoba Noodles with Vegetables and Kamaboko from Tropics Fish Market. Hawaiian Sun Passion Orange Drink. $2.50 lunch can't go wrong!
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Spinach stuffed chicken, brown rice, cooked mixed veggies and a bottle of water.

Comment

Helen! Sounds delicious. Different for you, though!
                              Here's what I'm having: Part of the Parisian Salad Kit from Costco, augmented with cherry tomatoes and a scoop of tuna salad. yummy. Grapefruit sections. Mini granola bar. H20.
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                                Here's what I'm having: Part of the Parisian Salad Kit from Costco, augmented with cherry tomatoes and a scoop of tuna salad. yummy. Grapefruit sections. Mini granola bar. H20.
                                what? you're working from home now? some gals have all the luck...

for lunch, i'm thinking of the baked chicken bento i'm getting from that Korean couple that runs the walk-in vending machine on halekauwila when i go to work...and some gatorade...
                                Don't be mean,
                                try to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X