Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack In The Box Introduces Self Service Kiosks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jack In The Box Introduces Self Service Kiosks?

Jack offering one free mini sirloin burger per person at the counter/window through Saturday - all HI restaurants (except hilo!?) thru Saturday. Gotta ask.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      Went to a Jack-in-the-Box close to my place a couple of nights ago and they had no self service kiosks.

I dunno if its ALL locations or its a test run but its STILL sits right off to the right at the counter. Haven't seen much activity even with the free 2 tacos incentive if you use the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
        Thirty years ago, people were skeptical about bank ATMs for the same reasons you give. And look at where we are today. Everybody uses ATMs now. Young, old. College grad, high school dropout.

It's not a matter of "if" fast-food eateries will use self-service kiosk technology, but "when."
        Yes, but banks also offer a walk up counter. That was my question about kiosks for fast food, would there also be a walk up counter option? If both options are available, then perfect for everyone.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
          Yes, but banks also offer a walk up counter. That was my question about kiosks for fast food, would there also be a walk up counter option? If both options are available, then perfect for everyone.
          I don't see why not. Automated technology has not progressed to the point that human labor is not needed to cook the food and to clean the dining area. Self-service kiosk systems may also need occasional downtime in order to be serviced and maintained. So nobody's talking about totally eliminating human cashiers. There may be less of a need for cashiers, which would save the restaurants money. Or they could turn that cashier into someone who helps out in the kitchen, which would speed up service.

As far as vending machines go,.... uh yes. Having not lived as a hermit, I am aware of the existence of pre-packed/ready-to-consume food & drink vending machines. The self-service kiosks for a fast food restaurant (which takes orders from the customers and relays them to the kitchen) are quite a different animal, though. And as of April 2009, such machines are far from being in the majority of restaurants in this country. But I believe that as the technology is improved and fine-tuned, its use and acceptance will quickly grow in the next few years.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
            When I asked about limited reading ability, I was speaking about the customers. What happens to customers who have limited reading ability, or sight?
            There are advances in touch-screen technology already available that make them accessible to the blind/visually-impaired, but they aren't used in many settings yet, besides voting machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              There are advances in touch-screen technology already available that make them accessible to the blind/visually-impaired, but they aren't used in many settings yet, besides voting machines.
              More and more bank ATMs out there accomodate the blind. Those audio headphone jacks and braille keypads aren't just there for looks.

But why would this ever be an issue with fast-food kiosks? Once again folks, nobody's talking about doing away with all human cashiers. Assuming a restaurant is open for walk-up customers, there will be a live person working there who can assist a blind patron or anybody else with special needs.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

http://khon2.com/2015/07/28/long-lin...pens-in-lihue/

It just takes one before it spreads.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tried-jac...121700984.html

Must be new and improved.

Comment

Working...
                  X