Super Bowl XLVII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl XLVII

Live thread for the Ravens vs. the 49ers to determine the NFL champion.

Prediction: Ravens 21, 49ers 18 The over/under on this game is 47.5 points. I do not bet on football, but if I did, I would bet heavily on the under.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Super Bowl XLVII

I'll go with the 49ers, 28-24.

Comment

Pulling for the 9ers here.

Comment

7-3 Ravens after one quarter. Each team had two possessions in the first; those who predicted a high-scoring game should be nervous.

The Niners ran four straight plays right at Ray Lewis and he didn't do jack. He's the weak link on his team's D.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Niners very flat. A team you never expect to see blown out but a minute into Q3 it is beginning to look like a blow out. And the lights are out.

Comment

31 to 29, Ravens in the fourth. Still a game.
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

First half was a little boring but the 9ers kicked butt in the third. I think they only lost because of that bad non-call in the end zone late in the 4th quarter.

Commercials weren't too creative this year. I chuckled at the pistacchio nut ad with Psy and Gangnam Style, but my favorite was the new Budweiser clydesdale ad.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                First half was a little boring but the 9ers kicked butt in the third. I think they only lost because of that bad non-call in the end zone late in the 4th quarter.
                Michael Crabtree was clearly pushing off. Contact occurred on both sides. So it was a good non-call by the refs. Let the game be decided by the players on the field, not a ticky-tack call by the zebras.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                Commercials weren't too creative this year. I chuckled at the pistacchio nut ad with Psy and Gangnam Style, but my favorite was the new Budweiser clydesdale ad.
                I liked the two Doritos commercials (the ones with the pet goat and the fashionista dad), although these TV spots might have already aired prior to today.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Entertaining game in the second half.

I almost thought the ghost of the late "Dandy" Don Meridith began singing "Turn Out the Lights, the Party's Over" because he thought it really was over. Only it wasn't. Good game. Niners could have won, but too many mistakes.

Comment

Will this Super Bowl be known as the power outage game, Ray Lewis last game as a champion, or the Harbaugh Bowl?

Comment

The Clydesdale horse is a true giant amongst horses.

The Equine species are intelligent and will put up with
                      the occasional human rider.

The power failure was spectacular.

The cell phone coverage was marginal.

Comment

CBS advertised their interwebs coverage of the game, I gave it a try but got impatient with all the ads and signed off. Did anybody give it a look past the ads, and if so what did you think?

I don't know a lot about horses. The Clydesdale ad was touching. Do horses actually form friendships with people the way a dog or cat can?
                        Last edited by Kalalau; February 4, 2013, 03:05 AM.

Comment

I also enjoyed the Paul Harvey ad about farmers and also the Volkswagen ad with the Jamaicans.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Agreed on the Jamaicans and the Paul Harvey. Go Daddy got bad reaction from a lot of people including me, I could barely stand watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                              Do horses actually form friendships with people the way a dog or cat can?
                              How many times have you seen a cowboy's horse pull him out of a pond of quicksand? That don't come from bellyrubs!
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                              X