Surcharge for shipping to Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surcharge for shipping to Hawaii

I'm doing almost all my Christmas shopping online this year. My usual "go to" is Amazon Prime due to the free shipping.

Anyway, I just worked up my first online order with Macy's. They were offering "free shipping" for orders over a certain amount. I met the minimum order to qualify. The shipping discount is not revealed until the last page, the "order it" button. So yes, it did adjust off the shipping, but there was still a $10 surcharge that showed up. (Looking up their shipping rules elsewhere on their site, it does state that Hawaii could have an extra charge.)

I went ahead and place the order, since I'd already spent about an hour of time in picking out the items. But, I'll think twice about using Macy's again for online shopping.

Anyone else have online shipping surprises that you've run across?
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Re: Surcharge for shipping to Hawaii

Stick with Amazon for all online orders.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Yeah, I will stick to Amazon Prime.

I tried a few other online retailers this year (Macy's, a Bed&Bath shop, and a Gift Basket shop). Each of those three ended up with me needing to CALL them for one problem or another with their online ordering. Hopefully the deliveries will be successful for the gifts I ordered.

Sometimes for specialty items (car parts .... fishing supplies), I need to go to a retailer besides Amazon, but for generic gifts, in my experience it's not worth the problems of trying to get things to mailed to Hawaii. Prime does make it easy.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
        Anyone else have online shipping surprises that you've run across?
        No unpleasant surprise from Crutchfield.com, TV and audio gear, which advertises free 3 day shipping to Hawaii. I ordered an AVR from them a few weeks ago and it came okay -- no extra surcharge. (Their info says that some big TVs can't be shipped to certain areas in Hawaii.)
        Greg

Comment

Working...
        X