Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Menehune Man's New Ride!

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
    MM, I just hope you didn't take your Moped to a certain shop on Kapahulu Ave.
    No. I bought it at "Cycle Imports of Hawaii" on McCully St.
    George is a really cool guy and I like how he runs the place.
    That's where I take it also.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Eh, Menehuneman, how's that big bore kit doing? Fellow HT scooter riders want to know.

Sure would like to know what these kids are doing to their scoots. Mine just putts along at RRRRRRRRR. Those kids whiz by going WHAAAAAAAAAAA! I hear some can top 100 mph. Not mpg, MPH!

Now, I have no intentions of ever going that fast, but sure would be nice to know I had an extra 20 mph I could tap into if I needed it.

Eh, try a milk carton bungeed to your rear rack. I go grocery shopping with this setup. The only drawback is it's hard to go to more than one store. Yeah, it might not look "kewl" and I look like the old fart that I am, just puttering around town doing my errands or buying a plate lunch, but I've been recently getting a lot of "thoughtful" looks lately. More like, "Gee, that thing must be real good on gas and great for just getting around Wahiawa." Better than hauling that gas guzzling SUV a mile just to buy a loaf of bread.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
        1) Eh, Menehune Man, how's that big bore kit doing?
        Fellow HT scooter riders want to know.

2) Eh, try a milk carton bungeed to your rear rack.
        1) The kit gets installed on May 12th! I'll let you know.
        Something cool is that the stock exhaust will work with it and when that eventually needs replacing,
        I'll get a better one for even more of a 'Boost'.
        I also don't want to speed around, just having alittle more at times would be useful.

2) I think I will! Thanks.

Comment

hi this is sansei and yesterday my moped when i tried to start it,it didnt start so i put on my Deceased Father's Kangaroo Battery Charger and that didnt help and then I Asked my Brother in Law and he said that it could be my Fuel line and then he mentioned maybe it's my spark plug and so i checked it out and put it back and now it wont start so today I called my Friend's place in Kapahulu and he said on Monday they'll pick it up and then they'll check it out and then call me to tell me what's happening so i couldnt go anywhere yesterday and today so im home so I Thought to share this with everyone.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
            hi this is sansei and yesterday my moped when i tried to start it,it didnt start so i put on my Deceased Father's Kangaroo Battery Charger and that didnt help and then I Asked my Brother in Law and he said that it could be my Fuel line and then he mentioned maybe it's my spark plug and so i checked it out and put it back and now it wont start so today I called my Friend's place in Kapahulu and he said on Monday they'll pick it up and then they'll check it out and then call me to tell me what's happening so i couldnt go anywhere yesterday and today so im home so I Thought to share this with everyone.

Maybe Mahealani Richardson unplugged something? (Just teasing, sansei, just teasing - hope you get your ride fixed up soon.)

Comment

I forgot to report back in... well actually there's nothing to report.

I brought my moped in to the shop on the 12th.
              For it's one year free check up/out and tune-up along with the Bore Kit being installed.
              Come to find out... they didn't have the correct one in stock. Oh well.
              James, the mechanic put in a cooler burning spark plug but my bike still doesn't like the Pali.

Will get the upgrade done as soon as I can.

Comment

hi this is sansei and this morning my friend who run's the kapuhulu moped shop didnt come since his truck broke down and if he get's his truck fixed by tonight,he'll come tomorrow morning so he may come,pick up my moped and find out what's wrong and then call me and share what's wrong and the cost and then we'll have to wait for a call from oceanic cable to replace our 8 way splitter on our tv and then we'll also have to wait for a call from Battery bill's since they have our old battery charger's so i thought to share my day with everyone and what's for tomorrow.

well thank's for your time lol leo lakio!:O)

Comment

hi this is sansei and this morning my friend who run's the kapahulu moped shop came today and he picked up my moped and he had me sign the work order so when he has my moped at his shop,he'll have one of his best mechanic's work on it and then later give me a call to see what the cost will be and my mom will pay the bill and then i'll reimburse her to say thank's for her help and we've also got back my Deceased Father's battery charger's and both work. When my friend let's me know that my Moped is ready,i'll take the bus to his shop and pick up my Moped and then ride it home.

well thank's for your time

Comment

many props on the new pimp ride, I sported a 150 and LOVED it!...and took it over Pali, with bacon from Wailana in my tummy, and I am alive to talk about it...sans the "thanks to the a**hole in the mustang thread"

have fun, be safe, and laugh all the way to the bank when you fill up for $4!
                    flickr

An email from God:
                    To: People of Earth
                    Date: 9/04/2007
                    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just learned from a mechanic from my Friend's moped shop in kapahulu that they'd have to rebuild my whole engine to make it new and it'll cost a hefty price and then i'll have my Moped back tomorrow and it'll be just like when my Mom purchased it as a gift to me and i'll get to ride it once again and im looking forward to having my Ride back so I Thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                        they'd have to rebuild my whole engine to make it new and it'll cost a hefty price and then i'll have my Moped back tomorrow and it'll be just like when my Mom purchased it as a gift to me and i'll get to ride it once again
                        Ouch. Well, it'll be nice to have your ride back in working order, sansei - and you're lucky that your mom is able to help you out with it, too. Be sure to thank her; maybe get her a nice little gift to say "mahalo."

Comment

hi this is sansei and today i got my ride back and they repaired mostly everything except for putting in a new electrical system so i have to kickstart my moped and then my brakelight always stay's on so that need's to be fixed and once those are fixed,my moped will run just like new and the mechanic rebuilt my engine into a new one so im taking it easy and not to Throttle it and to keep it at a low speed until my Moped the engine is broken in and then i can throttle it a bit after that and so my Mom paid for it so i will pay her once a month slowly to say thank's and thank's lei lakio for your kind word's.

Comment

Eh, MM, check this out...or anyone who rides a bicycle.
                            http://www.bicycle-engines.com/
                            The have some pretty kewl videos of how these setups work. I've seen a few bikes on Craigs that have these setups. One is currently selling for $400.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to DA Rolling Eye,i did see some of them on our street's and they are cool only i enjoy my moped and i've seen on tonight's news the E-something it's like a moped only run's on electricity and it has a big battery under it's seat and it goes slower than a regular moped and dont remember the owner's name only he has a shop on queen street and i read this on the Khnl website so I thought to share this with everyone.

Also my Moped will be fixed on Friday so it's only my electric starter and my Backbrake light so I Thought to share this with everyone.

Comment

Are the Pedicabs coming back with the higher gas prices?

Comment

Working...
                                X