Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV commericals you hate to watch

Originally posted by helen
    Let's use this thread to discuss any non-local TV commericals that you don't like to see.
    Okay, I'll bite, Helen!
    Lamisil, where the animated 'fungus' lifts up the toe nail and crawls under it. I turn it off everytime. Gross...gross...gross! Notice, tho', that I remember the name of the product. That's all that matters in advertising!

BTW...a belated Happy Birffday!

Comment

Re: TV commericals you hate to watch

i really hate all of the vehix commercials too. they are so tired and annoying.

Comment

Re: Horrible commercial

Originally posted by kimo55
        another horrible commercial:
        eharmony :
        [snip]
        depressing thing is; this site stands to make millions.
        That's exactly why they roll the dice with national advertising.

Comment

Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

whuddah co-inky dink.
          JUST saw the latest of these sappy cliche ridden things.
          ugly people doing self concious dance twirl steps....

that saccarine sweet whiney voice guy who started it....
          uuuugh!

Comment

any one that screams at me. gets um one automatic "Mute".
            Aloha,
            Mokihana

Comment

I know several national ads have already been mentioned here, and I'd probably agree with most of them being "least favorite."

To me what is most irksome are those ad logos and promos they insert on the bottom of the TV screen promoting the next show or some upcoming event or worst a product when the program, movie, TV series or whatever is running. I especially hate the ones that animate themselves causing a distraction from the content that you thought the regular ads were already paying for!

It's already bad enough that the networks themselves have to leave reminder bugs of who they are in the corner of the screens, but those animated bugs take the cake.

Also ruins things if you want to record something to save for later (which I rarely do nowdays because of logo and animation overload).
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

all drug adds,I mean come on thats just too obvious and they need too shadup having the so called foundations crying give more money for research when big pharma can throw 100's of millions buying T.V. time to market crap drugs to frigging non-MD consumers
                Heh you know me I'll get on a evil big-pharma rant with little or no provoking

Comment

Re: Local TV Ads You Don't Like

Originally posted by Pomai
                  ...because of the topic of Quiznos "Singing Rats" commercial. It "revolted and disgusted" the public so much that Quiznos corporation's national gross sales were cut almost in half! :
                  We LOVED that commercial. My husband downloaded it onto the kids' computer and they'd play it nonstop, and sing it, too. It was ear-blistering! But ya know, I have eaten at Quiznos twice in my life, thanks to a coupon. Who needs that much bread?

I'm from the Philly area in South Jersey. You DO NOT toast a hoagie. No friggin way. Not even a cheese steak. Whatsamatta with those guyz? And then the other abomination: mayo or mustard on a hoagie? Where is my HIT MAN when I need him?
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

You mean the Spongmonkeys? Or were these "singing rats" some other musical Quizno's critters I missed?

I thought the Spongmonkeys were great.

We love the suuuuubs!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                      You mean the Spongmonkeys? Or were these "singing rats" some other musical Quizno's critters I missed?
                      Yup. The crooked-toothed sombrero-wearing, guitar-strumming "SpongeMonkeys" singing, "We love dee subs.. dee Quiznos Subs... Bring in any coupon.. and get a dollar off".

I actually loved those commercials.. thought it was a riot! Unfortunately (for Quiznos) a good part of the American public didn't. And reflected that by NOT eating there.

Ate at Quiznos only twice.. it's aight. Gotta' admit, the roast beef with Au Jus is tasty. Grew up eating at Subway, so I prefer there.

What do you folks think of Quiznos "Baby Bob" mascot? Love 'em or lose 'em?
                      I really dig it. The raspy adult voice is perfect.

They just need to work on matching the kid's body language and facial expressions a bit more. It still looks like talking lips plastered on a "still", like they do with celebrity mugs on the Conan OBrien show.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                        What do you folks think of Quiznos "Baby Bob" mascot?
                        Love it! But I loved the SpongeMonkeys too. Whenever they came on, they were just so bizarre that you could not take your eyes off of them.
                        And of course that's what any advertiser wants.
                        There are so many other ads out there now that seem to do nothing more than show how creative the ad agency is instead of marketing the product. Some of these spots will go 20 or 25 seconds before you ever find out who or what the ad is for. Wasted money, in my book.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

hate that baby bob thing.

also am ready to shoot
                          shout elmo.

damn. is that thing ever annoying.

Comment

I don't find the Jack-In-The-Box commercial with the man sleeping being pushed in his bed to the Resturant...waking up startled in his BB-dez going hysterical! I find it totally disgusting and disrespecting!

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                              I don't find the Jack-In-The-Box commercial with the man sleeping being pushed in his bed to the Resturant...waking up startled in his BB-dez going hysterical! I find it totally disgusting and disrespecting!
                              I saw that spot for the first time a day or 2 ago and, well...I love it! Sorry, Auntie...you can whack whack me if ya want! That entire JitB campaign is great, esp. Jack Jr. winning the spelling bee..."Peace out.". I laugh every time! The voice casting for both Sr. and Jr. Jack is spot on, bringing both characters, with no facial expressions, to life.The bed being pushed thru the drive thru reminds me of the start of the Carole Kai Bed Race!

That said, I find it impossible to view any commercial impartially. I watch 'em from 'behind the scenes' and try to imagine the ad agency creative meetings, the 'grabber' for the casting session and the out takes during production! I woulda loved to have been a fly on the wall at all of 'em for the 'drive thru' spot. I'm sure there were some very funny moments that none of us will ever see.

Ok, ok...so I have a 30 second mentality! It's hereditary! Oops...I've taken this reply a bit off topic. Before I get a whack whack from you-know-who-who I'll be redundant and say I still detest the animated Lamisil toenail fungus commercial and, for some reason, it's being aired to death right now. Yuck! I'm seriously wondering if the timing of these airings might have something to do with the hurricanes and all of the bugs and germs the victims were subjected to. (shrug)

Comment

Nah, you no get whack whack from me. HT is where we express our "views, comments" as we see it. I respect you even more because you're an expert in this field and explained why you liked it. Thank you.

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X