Least Favorite National TV Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Least Favorite National TV Ads

I am kind of frowning on the GE commerical that has a fishing trawler that nets in bottle shaped ice with the announcer saying how much sea water gets turned in fresh water.

Show what the plant looks like, not give the impression that all you have to do is to fish it from the sea.

Comment

my vote goes to the:

"idk my bff jill"

or

"idk my bff rose"

commercials

Comment

saw a taco bell commercial that i felt was offensive and racist.... produced by taco bell hawaii.... they show 3 obviously local guys acting like goofy mexican mariachi clowns....very stereotypical and very much a put down to mexicans..... someone had there head where there is no light to produce an offensive ad such as this. as long as this ad is running i will NOT be going to taco bell. Totally Racist.
        the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

I don't hate this commercial. But, that commercial that spoofs the movie Poltergeist is really creepy. I saw on E True Hollywood Story that this movie is cursed. That little girl died young and the teen actress was murdered.

Comment

anything with Billy Mays?

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
              anything with Billy Mays?
              I agree about Billy Mays. I like to go to sleep with the television on, sound turned down soft, but when he comes on with his shouting infomercials, I wake up and have to turn the sound down even softer, or turn it off entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                I agree about Billy Mays. I like to go to sleep with the television on, sound turned down soft, but when he comes on with his shouting infomercials, I wake up and have to turn the sound down even softer, or turn it off entirely.
                I don't think I've ever awakened to Billy Mays. Scary thought! By chance, does your tv remote have a sleep button?! I love that feature...can't be without it!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  By chance, does your tv remote have a sleep button?! I love that feature...can't be without it!
                  If it does have that feature, I haven't found it yet. I remember a thread here about sleeping with the television on (I'm too lazy to try to find it). I wanted to participate in that thread, but I didn't. I think it was because I was just a lurker then and not a member, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                    If it does have that feature, I haven't found it yet. I remember a thread here about sleeping with the television on (I'm too lazy to try to find it). I wanted to participate in that thread, but I didn't. I think it was because I was just a lurker then and not a member, but I'm not sure.
                    I think most TVs of the past decade or so have sleep buttons. If you don't see an actual button marked "sleep" or "timer" on your remote then check the on-screen menu. Also, if you have an Oceanic digital cable box, it has a "sleep" feature. Press the "Settings" button>set sleep timer>right arrow to set # of minutes. Be sure to "select" your choice.

Life is incomplete without the "sleep" feature!

Comment

least favorite - orbit commercials!!!! "Dirty mouth"

and that singing creditreport.com commercial - that cocky singing dude...would sure love to shove my big toe in his mouth - he is so cocky with that singing - "credit report dot come baby*

i'll dot you something alright
                      stay forever young

Comment

I agree about Billy Mays. The mute button was invented for him. The absolute surest, quickest way to alienate me is to yell. Whenever he comes on its time to check other channels, it would be nice if stations figured out that letting ******** like him alienate viewers cost them ratings points.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                          I don't hate this commercial. But, that commercial that spoofs the movie Poltergeist is really creepy. I saw on E True Hollywood Story that this movie is cursed. That little girl died young and the teen actress was murdered.
                          Interesting batch of coincidences; I had never heard about that "curse." More details here and here.

Comment

I absolutely cannot stand this one commercial for a deodorant with this very melodic and sad music and they show this woman jumping off her balcony head first. She appears unscathed but the tag line was (not accurate) "women are going to different lengths to avoid deodorant stains when they put on their clothes". I just do not like this commercial. It reminds me of things.

OH, I found it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_4nx49RJ2c
                            n'importe

Comment

The commercial I hate most nowadays is that Jack-In-The-Box one in the park with the two grown men in a baby stroller crying like, well, babies.

I HATE IT.

Comment

My newest least favorite is...
                                ...the Holiday Inn Express spot that features a woman delivering a baby and baby cuts it's own cord.
                                Blech!

Comment

Working...
                                X